61 Y/o Grandma with 103 Lb Weight Loss. Troy, MI

Having been very active in my youth-- with...

Having been very active in my youth-- with competitive sports --swimming was always my first love, and running came in second. When I married and started a family all my activities halted., I was 118 lbs after the birth of my first child in my early 20's , by my second child 6 yrs later, my weight was 160 lbs- at 5 ft 2 in. Through the years I reached an all time high weight of 234lbs. In 2013. , I had a health scare, and turned my life around-- went on GF and anti-inflammatory diet and, as the weight came off, I got back to the sports I love-- competitive swimming-- joined a MAsters swim team and Senior swim team. I joined a gym, got a personal trainer , in 1yr I qualified in 5 events swimming for National Senior Olympics July 2015! I did my first triathelon and came in first in my age group! And lost 103 lbs during he course of my 18 months of dieting and training-- the most amazing surprise is the incredible energy I have!! I haven't felt this full of life in 3 decades!!
Now time for the new body to go with the new me!! My Body Lift is scheduled for Jan 5, 2015. I'm so glad I have this site to refer to and to know what to expect. I've spent hours reading everyone's experiences. I've been a peri operative nurse for almost 40 yrs, yet there's so much I've discovered about my procedure(s), regarding what to expect post op.
I'm 6 wks post op blepharoplasty and mastopexy, and I praise my masterful plastic surgeon, Dr Pravin Puri-- every time I look in a mirror! I'm excited to be done with "phase 2" of he new me.
I've posted the " before pictures" of what 103 lbs of loose skin looks like:

Oops-- wrong year posted

My error-- my surgery is scheduled for Jan 5 , 2016. Sorry for typo. I'll update closer to that time

Video of my stretchy abdomin , after 105 lb weight loss

Video pre abdominoplasty
8 wks before my circumfrential abdominoplasty. Can't hardly wait! So ready to be rid of playdough skin.

Less than 2 wks to go before my procedure. Getting excited and anxious-- had my preop appt, with hospital and Dr Puri. All instructions covered , filled prescriptions. Have my surgery team set up.
WOW , can't believe this is really going to happen!
I'm having some emotional moments, I'm hoping this is normal.
I'll keep you posted

Post op 16 hours LBL

I'm amazed how good I feel! Thought it would be much worse-- already up and doing laps around nursing station. Being discharged later this afternoon. Posting some photos below

2 days postop

dressings removed , first shower since surgery

post op day 3

stopped taking narcotic pain pills since I came home PO day1-- using plain tylenol -- more concerned about constipation. seems I'm more swollen , crampy-/ sent my husband out to get enemas. I've been using stool softeners and laxatives, thats probably whats causing the rumbling and cramping---- but finaly, about 1a i had success--Now, that was uncomfortable trying to bear down w my new muscles!
overall, the pain is toerable--- but the constipation , to me, is the worst discomfort.

my heaviest weight

photo taken July 2013, wt 234lb, 5ft 2in, BMI 43

1 day post op LBL

taken Jan 6, 2016, weight 124 lb, 5ft 2 in

8 days postop

Out to lunch w girlfriend, able to drive since 7 days postop, put into abdominal binder-- need to wear 24/7 for 4 wks. My dr didn't want to use any compressing garment initially because he said that compromises circulation to the incisions that are trying to revascularize-- my incisions are closed all the way around, and look good. I posted my before photos and some I took today. I still can't believe the difference. Still swollen quite a bit, but amazing!

Circumferential abdominoplasty

My results are miraculous, more than I expected! Dr Puri is a Master in his field, soooo skilled! Has an excellent bedside manner, and is meticulous in his pre and post op care.

2 wks post op!

Still lots swelling that's worse at night . More energy everyday.

3 wks post op

Each day I marvel in my transformation , I hardly can believe this new body is mine! I must've been the most perfect body he's ever created!! And I'm still swollen ! Hope to get my drains out in 3 days, they're hardly putting out much drainage. I am so blessed to have been led to Dr Puri

61 y/o with her 16 y/o body back

With all this down time, while recuperating , I've been able to get to a few projects-- one of them , being--- organizing old family photos that I've had in boxes since my mom passed away 3 yrs ago . I found an old photo of myself at 16 y/o -- it took my breath away when I realized my Dr Puri gave me the gift of that body , again. ! I'm so blessed to tears.
Am I the only one that's so emotional lately? I'm going to blame the anesthesia, lol
I posted 16 and 61 new body

1 drain removed

Only my rt drain removed :(
Still putting out too much drainage in lt drain. 1 more week!

6 wks and 2 days postop

Last drain finally removed yesterday, still wearing abdominal binder day and night, due to lower abdominal swelling. No pain or discomfort. Plan on going back to work full time in 11 days. Swelling aside, I love the results.

8 was postop, first day back to work

It felt good being back at work, I missed everyone. But at the end of my 12.5 hr shift, most of which,I'm on my feet-- lots of swelling-- even extending up past my naval-- looked like I have a pouch. My energy was good, though. I guess that's what is called swell hell? I wore my compression garment. When I got home I reclined w my abdominal binder on. I suppose it'll be like this a while.

12 weeks post op lower body lift

I love my new body! It doesn't feel like this new figure is mine-- very pleased! Still swollen in lower abdomen and pubic mound-- but less than a month ago. Still wearing my Spanx during the day.

13 weeks PO

Some photos, that are better quality, than I posted and removed--- still moderate swelling, more puffiness on my rt hip area-- that I hope will resolve by 6 months or sooner

5 months + 4 days post op lower body lift

Very pleased w my results. Considering Thermitight for my thighs in the future.

6 months and 3weeks post circumfrential abdominalplasty

Sterling Heights Plastic Surgeon

He's a wonderful, kind, soft spoken , brilliant artist in his field. Now I am honored to have Dr Puri use his genius and great skills for my body lift. I have no doubt that I am in great hands.