Rhinoplasty, 19 Year Old Female - Townsville QLD

Hi all :) I am 19 years old and today I had...

Hi all :) I am 19 years old and today I had rhinoplasty with Dr Mark Vucak of Queensland Plastic surgery in far North Queensland. So far my nose is in no pain, my only problem is red, irritated and very sore eyes, almost unbearable. I have eye drops to hopefully get rid of this. This was not my first cosmetic procedure, I had a Breast Augmentation last year through a different surgeon in Sydney NSW, so surgery wasn't as daunting as it is for some. I will contribute to update this page with my process, I hope to my story helps someone else.

Day 2 post op.

Sleeping upright isn't fun, I've still good small bleeding from both nostrils which are packed. The packing will be removed at 3pm today. Pain still minimal, and bruising is OK at this stage.

Day 3 post op

I'm feeling pretty good today, I've been up and down all day. I haven't taken any pain killers yet, and my bruising is still pretty minimal. So far so good :)

Day 5 post op

Well and truly on the mend today. I've had no pain killers in 48 hours, and feeling pretty normal. Lots less blood coming from my nose. Splint will come off on Friday this coming week.

Day 6 post op

Feeling super good today, still no pain killers - went and had a salon day etc. Not much more to update on.

Day 9 - splint off

So inlove with my new nose! Can't stop looking at it! Still quite a bit of swelling, it will calm down over the next month. I hope my story helps someone else with the choice of rhinoplasty

3 weeks post op

3 weeks post op :) still some swelling, which makes it look a different uneven.
Townsville Plastic Surgeon

Dr Vucak was very straight to the point during my consult, was extremely knowledgeable and I felt in safe hands. Before my surgery, he saw me again, was super friendly and chatty to ease my nerves. A really great man. So far - can not fault him. Mater Hospital in Townsville was absolutely amazing.