44yrs Old, Two Grown Kids, Grandkids an Amazing Husband and a Princess (Dog) - Torrance, CA

I've been researching seriously for 6months about...

I've been researching seriously for 6months about the sleeve surgery. I found out I had sleep apnea and that was the last straw. I have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and severe back pain that's fast and furious. I started at 294 pds when I had my first appointment, which completely shocked my husband. He's so sweet he said that scale gotta be wrong. I got all my appointments done within 3 months. I'm fairly new at my job so the little bit of vacation days and sick days I had I used for all these doctors visits. I don't have a 6 month waiting period but for whatever reason its still gonna be six months by my surgery date. This has been a frustrating process to say the least. I'm so ready to get this done and be healthier. Now they say they need another EKG, XRAY and blood work. Lord have mercy. YALL JUST DID ALL THAT!!! I have no more time off and if I get fired do I get a job at the doctors office at my current pay. NOT!!! I'm not even a complainer but man this process has been stressful. Working on the 20 pds pre op weight loss now, this is the hardest 20 pounds I've ever had to loss. 10 pds to go, I'm ready to be on the sleeved side. Thank God for my husbands support as I've cried over all the delays. Pre op pics coming soon.

Yaaaay getting sleeved Oct. 12th!!!

I'm extremely excited about this process though it was rough missing so much work to go to all the appointments. I've used all my sick days and all my vacation days. Lol. I must admit I'm nervous but beyond ready. My husband has been extremely supportive but really nervous. The great thing is he loves me the way I am now though I was thin when we met 20 years ago. He does understand if we want another 20 years I must get healthy. Count down time!!