Abdomen, Flanks, Inner Thighs, Knees, Arms - Toronto, ON

I finally decided to have liposuction. I am 51...

I finally decided to have liposuction. I am 51 and losing weight has become difficult and stressful. So, I decided to cheat with the intention of joining Weight Watchers, exercising more often and maintaining what I have now. If I lose a few extra pounds that would be great. I read about Dr. Dupere on this site and decided to book a consultation. He was friendly and informative during the consultation. He offered me the pros and cons to liposuction and a tummy tuck. I decided I wanted the lipo. Yesterday I had the procedure at his Toronto office. I felt comfortable and confident with him and his staff. 4.5 litres of fat was taken from all areas total. As expected, I feel sore and stiff. As well, the surgical tape is very itchy. I currently weigh 9 lbs heavier but I am sure that is water retention. I can see that my stomach is flatter despite not having taken off the compression garment. I will be updating this review after my follow-up appointment and upload pictures.

5 Days Post Op

There are 2 pre-op pics of my abdomen and flanks. Unfortunately, my arms and thighs pre-op were too blurry to post. I took them on the morning of the surgery and was in a hurry. As well, I have posted some pics from today (5 days post-op). The bruising on my abdomen and flanks is minimal with the most on my arms. I am still swollen but I can see a slight difference already.

Day 11 Post Op

I am down to my pre-op weight with some help. At my first post-op appointment, I complained of swelling. Dr. Dupere said that he did not like to prescribe pills but if I was uncomfortable that he would prescribe diuretics for 7 days with the promise that I eat 2 bananas a day to recover the potassium that I would lose. I have been taking the diuretics and eating the bananas. It has helped me feel more comfortable. I am uploading photos from today. Some are a bit blurry. I will try to take them in natural light next time.

3 Weeks Post Op

I am using a free app to calculate my BMI, calorie intake to maintain weight, and gives a daily analysis of the nutritional value of my daily food intake. I keep a food log and try to stay at around 1800 calories a day. The app even provides a calorie count for items from chain restaurants. I am not trying to lose weight because I want to establish a baseline at 3 months post op. Then I will introduce more exercise. I have not plans to reduce my calorie intake. I would be miserable. I am posting selfies below.

25 days post op

Approx. 7 Weeks Post Op

It is approximately 7 weeks post op. I am adding some more pictures.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon