Liplift at 44?

As far as I can tell, there is only one doctor...

As far as I can tell, there is only one doctor here in Calgary who will perform a liplift. I did go for a consultation with that doctor, and was unfortunately horrified by the whole experience. I wish I could travel to Boston to see Jeffrey H Siegel. I'm so so impressed with realself user lolabrown's liplift. It looks amazing. However, the quote I received is just too much for me right now, and ai really really want to have this procedure done, since I've always been unhappy with the large space between my nose and my upper lip.
I had a phone consultation with Dr. Tong in Toronto, and I had showed him lolabrown's before and after pictures. It was a very reassuring and positive experience. I just may go with this doctor depending on if he has an opening when I have time off work. This will sound stupid, but I'm waiting for mercury to not be in retrograde anymore to book, since it's not a good idea to make a big decision like this when a retrograde is active. So...after September 22 I will make a decision about it.

I can't edit the doctor on here, so I'll start over.

Please discard this review.

Liplift at 44

I just booked my procedure with Dr. Tong.

I'll be travelling from Calgary since there are no good lip lift surgeons here. I've only found one doctor that actually performs this procedure here, and I decided against booking with her after having a consultation.

So... once again I'll travel to have cosmetic surgery. :o)

I'm very excited about this, as I think a lip lift would greatly improve my overall facial features. I've been using fillers forever to create a pout, but as I've gotten older they don't seem to do the trick anymore.

I've shown Dr. Tong the pictures from lolabrown's lip lift review, and he will do the same incision pattern that curves into the nostrils and a bit around the nostrils.

I can't wait!

More before pics.

Now that I made up my mind, the surgery date can't come soon enough

First meeting with Dr. Tong

I flew to Toronto this morning, and met with Dr. Tong this afternoon. It was a very pleasant meeting, and I feel confident that I will have beautiful results. When he measured my philtrum it was 19mm, but he didn't use a ruler like I did, lol. He told me we'll be removing between 8 and 10 mm. I'm excited. I'm to go to his office tomorrow at 1.15pm for the procedure. Yay!

Right after

I look awful, I'm not gonna lie. Right now I most definately have the rabbit look I wanted to avoid. I can only hope and pray things settle quickly, and that I haven't lost my cupids bow forever. Feeling fairly worried atm, and I'm getting a looooot of weird looks

Pics

Right after the procedure. I'm scared.

Swollen face and bruising

I can get a feeling of what the final results will be like and I love love love it! However, right now my face is a swollen mess even with sleeping with my head elevated. I'm out and about and even travelling, and I get some weird looks, but I can't care, because in a couple of weeks I'll be so pretty!

Comparison 2 days post

Just putting my pics side by side for easier comparison

Today

I'm in Phoenix today, but I'm wearing both sun screen and a big hat out in the sun. I can take the stitches out tomorrow. It looks a bit less swollen today. :o)

Swelling

Swelling is down considerably, but my nose feels huge still, and the bruising and swelling under my eyes is still there, but getting a lot better. I feel great!

Before and after

Side by side comparison day 6

Philtrum length

Thank you all for your love and support.
I still ha e some pain and swelling, especially my nose (?) Eye bruise is slowly fading. I don't think anyone sees the scar at this point already because of its placement, but it's healing nicely. It feels tight and stiff though. I still have a bit of the rabbit look, and from what I understand it takes a while for things to settle. I'm posting a picture in reply to Frenchdressings question. I'm not sure where to measure the philtrum length because me and Dr. Tong had different numbers from the pre op. Looks like it's about 1 cm now?

Pics today

Swelling keeps going down, my nose is still quite numb and swollen, but now I like what I see in the mirror, and it keeps getting better!
Scar tissue feels swollen and tight, but you can't really see it. Amazing.

Itchy!

The incision area I sooooo itchy! And I can't really get to the itch. It's driving me bonkers

Nose tip swelling

I love my lip lift more and more as the swelling keeps going down. I still have major swelling and numbness in my nose tip that is bothering me. I already had a problem with an ice cold nose, but now it's a 100 times worse. I'm hoping time will keep making things better.

I'm a little crooked :o)

This is a reply to the question about tooth show. There is very little of it, but my teeth are tiny, so it's not a bad thing. I look uneven and crooked, and I don't know if it's because of swelling or if it's because I have old filler in my lips. I'm holding off with putting any fillers in until I feel like the swelling has gone down all the way. After that I may even things out a bit.
Now that I'm happy or almost happy with my lips, I notice other areas I want to improve... ugh. I wish I was made of money.

Pics today

The scar is itchy and bumpy, and I'm so glad it's hiding inside of my nose. I wonder how soon I can do some laser treatment on it to smooth it out? My nose is still numb and swollen
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

It's only two weeks after my lip lift, now, but I will go ahead and say that the result is amazing. The scar isn't visible because of its placement, and I look fabulous if I do say so myself. A great improvement in my appearance. I'm very happy. I travelled from Calgary to see this doctor, and his office staff helped me with hotel recommendations within blocks of his office which was very helpful. I couldn't be happier.