Finesse Rhinoplasty with Dr. Torgerson! :) - Toronto, ON

First time reviewer here - woohoo! I'm a bit...

First time reviewer here - woohoo!
I'm a bit different from most people that undergo rhinoplasty - I had been thinking about it for a few months, but not seriously, as I generally liked my nose. On a whim I decided to visit two (i know more people see many more) cosmetic surgeons to get their feedback. That was in April 2016.
The first surgeon was nice but the improvements he proposed were not quite in line with that I hoped.
The second surgeon, Dr. Torgerson, had a vision that made sense to me - "small changes that make a big difference" was his motto. We did 3D imaging on the first visit.

I gave it a few weeks at that point and went back in to chat with him some more. Since I have an "ethnic" nose, I didn't want the refinement to look to obvious. So, we revisited the imaging and did some tweaking to make it more subtle, and an even better fit for my face.
As I had a bunch of events and things later in the summer and early Fall, he squeezed me in (very nice of him and his staff!) in June.

So this was the part that was tough for me, probably as I didn't quite know what to expect. The healing part was rough. I was in shock for at least two days with the idea of a cast, bandage, and constantly drippy bleeding nose. This is entirely normal as part of the healing process for any rhinoplasty, and was actually discussed in great detail during my pre-op appointment. I think that it's only when you experience it does it feel like a bit of a shock (also getting used to looking at yourself in the mirror with a cast in the middle of your face!). Once I had the cast off I was a bit surprised again, as I somehow thought it would look like the imaging immediately (again I needed to revisit my pre-op advice!). It turns out that everyone's a bit different in terms of how quick we heal. About a month out I was much happier and I could cover my bruising with makeup and my nose didn't feel or look swollen.

Now, over 4 months out I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the result. It looks like the imaging, and is exactly what Dr. Torgerson said - small changes which really do add harmony and balance. I still have a bit of upper lip swelling and faint undereye bruising, but I expect this to be totally clear by Christmas, which is on course for what would be normal with someone with my skin tone.

So, in short:
1.Definitely see Dr. Torgerson if you are looking into a rhinoplasty procedures
2.Be prepared for the healing process
3.Be PATIENT - Dr. Torgerson and his staff are obviously professionals and very experienced, and have seen hundreds or thousands of people heal very well with excellent results. Yours will too, but its a bit of a trek to get there, but like all things - worth the wait! :)

Continued!

Hello - I forgot a few other things:

1.The staff is AMAZING - expecially Brianna and the other lovely receptionist with the dark hair (I forgot her name)

2.The office is stunning and clean!

3.The response times to emails and calls are great - I was never left hanging

4.I was probably more anxious than most patients (both just before surgery and during the healing process), but Dr. T and his staff were VERY reassuring, which I appreciated.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon