Breast Aug + Lift to Correct Asymmetry, Plus Tummy Tuck - Toronto, ON

Dr Bray was my first choice based on before and...

Dr Bray was my first choice based on before and after photos, and out of the 4 surgeons I consulted, he was my first choice based on the consultation. He understood that I'm looking for natural results with respect to breast work, and I'm looking for a low scar with respect to the tummy tuck. He also told me that he does a lot of internal suture layers to take tension off the skin layer, which I like.

The whole consultation/booking the surgery process has been fast, because having thought about this for 2+ years, I was ready to go. I called in August to book the consultation, and got Sept 16. After the consultation, I told Paulette that I was ready to go and any date she had available was good with me. She had Nov 3 available, but I also wanted to have a talk with Dr Bray to clear up my questions before placing the 30% deposit. She got me in to see him early morning on Oct 5, which I really appreciate given the how busy he is and the expedited schedule of it all.

I will be having Allergan smooth round silicone TruForm 2 implants put in, with a breast lift on the right breast to correct asymmetry. I have about 300cc difference between the 2 breasts, as well different breast widths, so I know they won't be perfectly symmetrical post-op. I'll also be having lipo to contour my waist, with minor muscle repair. The tummy tuck scar will actually be even lower than I hoped, which I'm happy about. I lost 75lbs, and have loose skin below the belly button and a fat pouch.

The surgery will last 7.5 hours, and I'll be under for 8.5 hours. From doing research, I know there are plenty of surgeons who do breast aug+lifts in 1-1.5 hours and tummy tucks in 2 hours, but the results are what you expect for such a short operating time. I'm happy he actually takes the time to do the job properly. I'll also be staying overnight at the facility.

My fee includes OR fees, anesthesia, surgeon's fee, breast and body garment, implants, overnight stay, post-op, and taxes. I think it's a very reasonable fee considering the downtown location, quality of work, overnight stay, etc.

Paulette went over the surgery, all my pills, post-op tips in a comprehensive 2 hours pre-op appointment.

I'll be uploading before photos of my stomach. Maybe my pre-op breasts as well, I haven't decided yet as they're pretty gnarly.

I'll also be using Embrace Scar Therapy on my scars. Getting it was an ordeal, because they don't ship to Canada. I had it delivered to a shipping intermediary in the US, who then shipped it to Canada.

Day of surgery

About to leave for the clinic in an hour. I'm getting anxiety about it so I took some of lorezapam I got. Weird to think I'll wake later today with a big scar and implants.

I'm adding my before photos.

The red marks from my micro welding treatments.

More photos

Day 1 post op

I'm doing much better than I thought pain-wise.

The nurses at the overnight stay were fantastic. I kept waking up every 2 hours and there were always there to help. Fortunately I had no vomiting.

Now I'm lying in bed, with no pain.

Dr Bray told me he took off 3L of fat and one of the OR nurses told me I have a really sexy figure now. ????

Getting around for the first time wasn't as painful as I thought it'd and I pee a lot when the nurses took me to the bathroom, apparently is a good sign.

1 day post-op part 2

Apparently RealSelf doesn't allow emojis? That ??? On the last review was supposed to be a smiley emoji.

My drains are filling up very slowly.

My implants aren't sitting high at all, which I'm happy about. He used 310cc for both sides.

Day 2

I slept pretty well, waking up every 2 hours but no major pain.

Around 5am my right side just above the incision started getting pinching pain that was bad. Took some pills and just woke up at 8am.

My breasts are a bit tight but nothing major. The big pain is the tummy tuck incision.

Day 3

What a rough night. I couldn't fall asleep and couldn't find a comfortable position. Then I woke up at 4:30am, feeling nauseous and needing to pee. My implants have been a nonissue compared to the tummy tuck, but when I woke up, they felt unbearably tight for about 30 minutes. I wanted to claw them out.

I dry-heaved twice and felt a wet burst each time on my left side. I don't know if it's something to do with the drain or internal sutures popping.

This is a much rougher procedure than I expected, but I'm hopefully it'll get better after these first few days.

Early morning of day 5

My body is generally getting better with each day. I'm more able to walk around, but my incision keeps killing me. I just woke up up 15 minutes ago with this tight burning pain along the incision. It varies throughout the day. Yesterday I woke up at 3:30am and was feeling great, went back to sleep, woke up at 8:30am with horrible pain.

I'll post some post-op breast pics later today and stomach after the post-op appointment. I have a fold on either side (with the left being deeper and more prominent). Waiting to hear back from surgeon about it.

Day 5

Here are the post-op breast photos on day 5. They look great. The left implant is sitting higher than the right one.

12 Days Post-op

I'm feeling much better. I'm walking more. I'm still bending forward a little and there's noticeable tension at the incision site but I'm not in any pain and every day is getting better and back to usual.

Dr Bray told me he does multiple layers of sutures to take the tension off the skin layer. And I'm really feeling it now. Under my skin at the incision line, there's a thick band of tissue and when I walk, I feel the tension pulling under my skin instead of the skin. I was really concerned about tension and the incision splitting apart like I've seen in other RealSelf photos but everything's holding together and the incision line is solid.

The breasts aren't painful or bothering me. The left is still higher than the right. Can't wait to see them in a month. I think 310cc was a great choice.

I also got 360 lipo as opposed to just the front and love handles as we discussed at the consultation. He took off a lot of fat from my lower back. Now I think the upper portion of my left butt cheek is more deflated than the right side. There's still some swelling but there does seem like a noticeable difference between upper volume on each side. You see the difference in current left side photo version the before. There's less of a smooth transition than before.

15 days post-op

Scars are looking good.

The breast lift scar is barely visible.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bray performs surgeries with natural results, which is what I'm looking for. I especially love how he makes his breast scars so tidy and neat. We were on the same wavelength during the consultation, and he made the time to see me for a follow-up consultation to clear up any questions I had.