Tired of being FAT!! Tijuana Here I Come...ahh

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello friends.. so I wanted to thank all you guys...

Hello friends.. so I wanted to thank all you guys that give reviews and share your life with us. I have been debating on writing a review or not but this website and has helped me soo much in informing my self and hearing other peoples stories I need to pay it forward. I am 31 years old mother of 2 have been married a bunch of years and for the last about 10 ate my emotions to hit 199 in 5'1. I have been reading tuns of reviews on doctors in tijuana. Long story short I don't have health insurance and if I had it I probably won't get approved due to possible low BMI and I've never had a history of documented medical history. Well to be honest who knows if I would get approved I can't wait any longer to get insurance and deal with all that. I have made up my mind tijuana here I come. So I've tried to contact Dr.Ramos kelly with NO luck. My cousin has a friend that the whole family went to a Dr. Alberto Michel. I have looked to find nothing on this doctor only on YouTube. So about 2 years ago I went to a consultation with Dr Michel ( father) he is a general surgeant that helped his son which is the bariatric surgeant. He was nice polite but I wonder why wasn't the son Dr Alberto michel not giving me the consult. I liked this hospital it was nice and clean his office was organized and elegant I did ask him if he was the one to perform the surgery and he said "no my son does it". Well 2 years after a bunch of reviews read and videos watched and more waight gained. I wanted to go with Dr maytorena too since everyone loves him. But I think I want to be at a hospital not a surgery center. So I went on another consult with the same Dr Michel again his dad not Dr Alberto. Well this time I'm sure that is the doctor for me. there were lots of people walking down the hall with drains and lots of people waiting in the waiting room that looked dam good. So this time I've booked my surgery for December 8 2016
Height 5'1
Cw 199.6
Cost 4,300

Psychiatric and ekg eval done today

Psychiatric and EKG eval done today.so my best friend was off work today.so she offered to drive me down to tj to get pre-op appt done since I'm scared to drive down there. I got there to do EKG done. I had my labs done on the day of consult so I just needed to get that done before meeting with the psychiatrist and the medical internist I guess he looks at my general health and goes over my labs and EKG. The EKG was fast I took longer to take of my top. The Tech was nice and the place was clean. I did take a pic of the hospital lobby I was impressed. Now the psychologist was soo fricken cute and young. I really liked the way she talked to me she made me feel at ease with my decision. I think they just want to make sure you are doing it for you not for anyone else, and that your sure this is for you. I really want to tell you guys everything we talked about but it takes for ever to write and read plus half the time was just thinking how cute this girl was I couldnt belive she was a psychologist. I really didn't want to post pics of my self but I have to... hear it goes..

Be careful who you tell...

Hey guys so I told one of my coworkers/ friend about my surgery..bad idea she is skinny and a health freak what the he'll did I expect.. i just thought she would be supportive since I have mention that I wanted to get it done sometime before and she seemed to think it was a good idea.. so I heard it again " I'm just taking the easy way out" well I'm not to sure whats so easy about it. Dam it that's the first thing I didn't want to hear is negative comments. She put a doubt again in my brain..i really don't have any sickness or health problems at this time besides obisity what if I do have a sickness after surgery?.. I'm weeks away and I'm worried again.i just need to stay positive.

I'm getting nervous..

I'm getting nervous my surgery is in 1 week and 2 days.. ohh my . I bought some stuff today for my pre op diet l got almonds,coconut milk and I have been trying to drink lots of water. I'm afraid I'm not drinking enough. I also bought some loose yoga pants and a sleeping bra. I have an appointment on Saturday with the doctor to check my preops. I also got a call from the office, Dr Michel wanted to meet with me I'm not sureisure if that is usual but I'm happy to meet with him to ask him some questions.

3 days till surgery

3days till surgery I'm stressed I can't even focus my daughter is super sick cough, fever and vomiting and I feel I'm getting sick now. I'm trying to get all my stuff together I've read a heating pad helps the gas so I'm going to try to find one. I'll try to take a picture of what I'm packing I'm sorry if my updates are everywhere I just realised.

Surgery tomorrow !!

So I was scheduled for 6:30 am but they called me to move it up to 6 am I'm so scared my husband is not being very supportive but I have to keep thinking positive thoughts I'm having the biggest migraine and I can't take anything. I'm guessing because I haven't had sugar.

2 days post op

So I'm alive!! I have been trying to update you guys but I've been feeling terrible super dizzy and nousaus I can't even look at something long enough with out getting dizzy. I really never thought recovery would be so bad. But I'll get through it. Thank you guys for you good thoughts..

3 days post op

So I'm 3 days post op. So I'm only having clear liquids only so I had beef broth and jello and water all day today I'm not feeling the best but it's getting better Oh I bought a heating pad to take but they didn't let me use it at the hospital I used it today and it's works. I do recommend one but follow doctors orders.

5 days post op

5 days post op I'm still very uncomfortable and sleepy I just can't seem to feel better my drain is still in. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow to get it removed it hurts and yesterday out of joy my 4 year old decided to jump on my stomach... ouch!! I was so scared. I'm still draining fluid and the stitches holding it in place keep pinching my skin. I was put on antibiotics and now i have a yeast infection sorry if its too much info im just being honest.Guys this is not fun. I know it will get better.

1 week post op

I'm 1 week post op and I'm Alive!! Well I'm feeling a lot better today. Yesterday I went to the doctor to get my drain removed let me tell you guys I have had a natural birth 9lb 8 oz and a c section 10lb and man I had never thought there would be a worst pain. It felt like someone stuck a stick on an open wound and moved it around my guts. I almost fainted I count even leave the office. The doctor basically calle me a baby he said that im too tense that i need to relax that everything is fine and i need to be thankful i was able to get this life saving sugery done. He is right .The good news is that that is over and I lost 14 lbs ahhh.. I'm so excited. So something that happens to me I accidentally squeezed ketchup in my mouth trying to open the small package with my teeth I spit it out and wiped my whole mouth I got so scared. I will post some pics of my drain sorry if its gross.

9 days post op

Hey guys I'm doing a lot better so good was able to go to a baby shower. Its not easy watching the all the food and smelling the chips and salsa in front of me but I can do it. On Friday i tried cristal light since I'm getting desperate for any flavor and I took 4 huge gulps.... Oh My God I thought I was going to die,,it came back up even my nose. I had to make my self vomit,my stomach felt like it was going to burst. My husband started to yell at me that what was I thinking and it's just an old habit.. I was nousaus the whole night. Pls guys don't try it..

15 day post op

15 day post op I'm feeling okay I'm a little frustrated about food I don't know what to eat anymore I'm sick of broth and fake sugar tast of jello the multivitamin Centrum liquid gives me bad acid reflux I'm going to go get the gummies to try. Also I have bad breath even if I brush my teeth my breath still smells. I have super dry mouth at nite I wake up with my mouth so dry it hurts. But other than that I'm doing fine. I see a difference in my face not so much on my cloths since they fit like they are supposed to.. haha

4 month post op..

It's been 4 months since surgery and I'm doing great. I'm so happy that I got this surgery done. I'm still having a hard time. I tend to over eat and vomit I know I need to work on that. eating slow (old habit ) but it's a great feeling to be able to fit in your cloths and not worry about an undershirt or shirts rolling up and pants cutting the circulation from your stomach. I still have a hard time weighing in but I really don't care anymore last time I Checked 1 month ago I was down to 152 lbs.. size 6 pants but they are loose now .. people don't buy new clothes it's a waste of money.I incurege everyone to do research. And go for it. live life to the fullest let this tool help you take back your life. Be positive and stay focused. I will show picture later. Im not sure if anyone is reading this post but I hope I can help.

5 month post op

Hey guys ... I cant belive im 5 months post op. I feel great im so happy with my results im now a size 2 . I need to post pics but im so used to running away from the camera I have none. Im better about the vomitting i guess i just eat to fast. My husband is not happy, he says im just skin and bones. It doesn't matter what he thinks. I did this for me and im happy,this is who I am now. Guys keep you eyes on the price dont let anyone discourage you from what you know is best. Do this for you.
Dr Alberto michel