53, Brow Lift, Eyelids, Midsection Lipo. - Tijuana, MX

On the early morning of my 53rd birthday, I find...

On the early morning of my 53rd birthday, I find myself on a flight south to San Diego, where I will cross the boarder into Tijuana and meet the talented surgeon, Dr Juan Fuentes, whom I hope will turn back time a decade or so for me. I have never been happy with my droopy eyes, even in my youth. The last 6-8 years I really noticed the sag affecting my vision, and holding up my brows to see often gives me a headache.

While I've been thin most of my life, I can't shake the 10 lbs of belly fat and love handles, no matter how clean I diet or hard I train. Family and friends say I look just fine, but they don't see what I see. I want to like what I see in that mirror. This decision was a long process, it took a lot of thought and research.

I first met Dr Fuentes in the pages of New Beauty magazine. I called his clinic for information and was contacted by his associate. I started the inquiry process with him, until my sister found the Real Self site.

Thanks to the brave souls who bare their all here, I quickly realized that my Initial choice was the right one for me. Most of Dr Fuentes' reviews describe him as a perfectionist, an artist, thoughtful and caring.

He was not aggressive in his following up, and quickly let me know when I was asking for too much in one session. (I wanted a neck and face lift as well, but we will save that for round 2) He has been honest with regard to my outcome expectations. This afternoon I meet him for my consultation, and will post again!

53 Brow lift, Eyelids, Lipo.. post op.

I had my surgery yesterday, Feb 3rd. I can't sing the praises of Cosmed clinic, Dr Juan Fuentes and staff enough! It's to soon to comment on the outcome of my surgery, but the facility is modern, very comfortable and immaculately clean. They dote on patients and make sure you understand the process throughout. Only complaint was how cold I was after the procedures. They had blankets piled on me and I was still shivering. My sister said its a common effect of anesthesia. I look like I was in a car wreck but stopped taking pain meds as of 11:00 this afternoon and feel fine.

I had the fat transferred to my face, breasts and elsewhere.

Day 3 post op...

Well, 3 days later I am doing great! Yesterday I checked out of the recovery boutique because I am very ambulatory and not in pain. My sisters and I rented a condo near the playa for $30 a night on Airbnb. I had a follow up with Dr Fuentes this morning and he said my sutures are healing well. I was allowed to wash the crusty blood out of my hair, and start putting cover stick on my black and blue under eyes, which was awesome! Did I mention the I LOVE DR. FUENTES?!? He has such a great sense of humor and is the nicest man. ;-)

Evening at the boardwalk in Tijuana.

I felt pretty good today, we went shopping a bit, came back for a nap then went to the boardwalk at the playa to watch the Super Bowl. ????.

Had a bit of a fever tonight, which I assume is from my nap in a sunny window.

8 days post op

I am back home in Alaska! Yesterday I was at Cosmed clinic and met two women in the waiting room that had facelifts two weeks prior. I look more healed after only one week then they did after two! I saw Dr Fuentes one last time before leaving Mexico. He tried to remove the sutures, but I was bleeding a bit, so he cut the knots making it easier for us to do it later. This morning my sister Lisa who is a nurse told me to rub Vit E oil on the sutures. After a good oiling, most of them slid right out!

Here is my sister Rachel's recipe for fast healing and minimal scars:
Take suppliments emediately after surgery: Vit E, C, Ubiquinol (coQ10), good multivitamin. Put aloe cacti on sutures, along with cold camomile tea compresses and Ice. Do this often and you will heal very quickly!

8 days post op

2 weeks Post Op

13 days recovery, bruises almost gone. I am thrilled to death with my brow placement and upper lids, which do not look 'overdone' or plastic. My breasts look great, Dr Juan transferred 300cc of fat to each. The left side was always slightly bigger and I didn't ask to correct it. Happy with my flatter tummy, but it's a classic lumpy Lipo. ???? Started doing massage & rolling pin to break up scar tissue/lesions under skin. Hope I can smooth it out. Any of you had success with that?

18 days post op Eyes

18 days post op. Eyes and Forehead with no makeup. Bruises gone, scars are faint.
I'm doing a happy dance!

18 days post op w/makeup

18 days post op with makeup. I strongly caution all the Cougars out there: I tried 20 something makeup and even with the improvements it looked garish. Neutral, lighter, less shimmering makeup looks the best. ;-)

Lipo 18 days post

My belly 18 days post op. Sorry, iPhones take crappy pics.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr Juan Carlos Fuentes and Cosmed clinic in Tijuana Mexico. He is a true beauty artist, and is caring and compassionate toward his patients.