Anyone else Having VSG in November 2016? - Mexico, MX

After years of dieting and getting no where,...

After years of dieting and getting no where, decided to get sleeved! I have been on that roller coast for so long, decided it was time to get off and start doing something about it. So I have schedule my surgery for November 5, 2016, and I am not looking back. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and diabetes type II. My knees hurt and decided they need a break. Want to be healthy. I am 5'5" and weigh 228. Pretty much my weight is all in the middle. Right now I wear a size 16 just for my waist, and the pants are baggy in my bum area. My insurance does not cover the surgery, so I decided to go to Tijuana Mexico to have my surgery. I am schedule with Dr. Ponce. Was wondering if anyone has had him. He is doing the single-incision vertical sleeve on me. Wish it was happening now, but have to work around my schedule. This definitely will stop me from over eating on Thanksgiving, lol. Haven't told any of my friends but have told my kids and parents. By the way, I am 53 years young. Never had a weight problem growing up. But after the birth of my third child (I gained a 100 pounds during pregnancy) I was never able to loose my weight. The doctors said probably due to stress (my daughter has a rare syndrome) my weight was staying with me. Luckily my fourth child I only gained 15 pounds and he weighed 9 1/2 of those, lol. I am really excited and can't wait. Hoping to connect with others taking this journey and would love to hear from others that are already been sleeved.

Was wondering if anyone has had the sleeve over 15...

Was wondering if anyone has had the sleeve over 15 or more years ago? Do you have any regrets and pleased with your results? Getting very excited about the surgery. Decided to start trying to eat mostly on the pre-op diet. I love veggies anyways but the protien is my biggest downfall. Been really trying to concentrate on good protien. I only have to be on the diet 1 week and the liquid 3 days. Been having heartburn a lot lately and worried it might get worse after surgery, any thoughts? I was thinking about trying apple cider vinegar and seeing if that helps. Anyone try this or have better ideas?

Getting close!

So less than a month I will be on the "losers" side. Can't wait. Starting to get impatient, wanting it done now, lol. Was ordering my pills thru Amazon, hoping I have what I need. Any suggestions for "must haves" while in the hospitals? I know to bring gas-x and a heating pad. Some have mentioned a small pillow for pressure on stomach. Any other suggestions?

Less than a Month...yeah!! Will post pictures in the next couple of weeks of my before. Will me luck!