35, Gastric Sleeve in Mexico, Obesity Control Center - Tijuana, Mexico

I have had an excellent experience at the Obesity...

I have had an excellent experience at the Obesity Control Center. A little about myself. I am 5'1, 35 year old woman and weighed 191 at the time of surgery. I have been yoyoing for about 10 years. My largest weight was 198. I have been on every diet imaginable and finally got tired. Obesity runs in my family on both sides. I developed PCOS and just felt I had to take my health in my own hands.
I flew into San Diego California, as soon as I picked up my bags a driver from OCC met me with a sign with my name on it. Crossing the border was easy, and the driver dropped me off at my hotel, Marriott of Tijuana. I have a great room, with cable in English.
The morning after I arrived, I went to OCC to have the surgery. Another shuttle took me from the Marriott to OCC. I arrived with 3 other people who were also having gastric sleeve. I filled out some preliminary paperwork, then went to the nutritionist. The nutritionist gave me guidlines on what to eat afterwards, and took my weight and height. After that I had a EKG-- mine was normal. Afterwards, I was taken to my hospital room. It was a nice sized room with an adjustable bed. They had direct TV in English. I changed into the gown they provided, covered my hair, and put on compression socks which they provided. A nurse came in and gave me a IV. Afterwards, I was taken to the operating room in a wheelchair. Everything was very modern and clean. I hopped up on the operating room table and met the anesthesiologist. He was very friendly. He told me, "I'm going to give you something to help you relax" and the last thing I remember was looking at the clock.
I woke up, in mild pain. I was back in my hospital room with my husband. Dr. Ortiz came by and told me I did a great job and the surgery went well. For the rest of the day I rested. The staff brought me popsicles, broth, and water to drink. They came by every couple hours to put pain reliever in the IV, and also antibiotic. I was pretty comfortable. Just very tired and groggy. I got up and walked every couple of hours, and felt fine.
I spent one night at the hospital. I checked out this morning. Everything was great, I was given my prescriptions to continue to take, and was shuttled back to the hotel.
The doctors, nurses, and staff have been great. It's only been one day, but I will update every week or so to see the weight loss progression.

Pics