Getting Sleeved Y'all - Tijuana, Mexico

Hi there realselfers, I decided to create another...

Hi there realselfers, I decided to create another blog for my upcoming Gastric Sleeve surgery. For those of you who has not followed me, I'm zaria63. I wanted to originally have a tt, bbl, and lipo done by the waiste slayers in the Dominican Republic. But unfortunately,life happens and things just didn't seem to work out. One of those many "life happenings", was the death if my mom. Another was realizing that I'm older and my body isn't the same.

I was once at my heaviest 316lbs. I went down to 245 within 9 months with just eating right and working out. That was 5 years ago. I'm now 279lbs @ 5'10. I ignored my PCP about checking into getting GS done because I felt as though I can lose weight on my own. Well, a year later, the scale still hasn't moved. Well at least not in the direction I wanted it to move. So, after hearing it recently from my GYN Dr. I decided to go for it. I'm a diabetic and I have High Blood Pressure. I'm praying that losing the weight will help me lose both of them as well. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my journey to a better me. God Bless!

19 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!

Ok now realself, you're really getting under my skin! This will be my 4th and last time trying to post this blog because realself is in serious trip mode. I have 19 more days left before I'm sleeved..YAYYYYY!

I hope this photo post. I tried to post two photos but everytime I try to post it, realself kicks me off completely. So I will try to post at least one of them right now.

I've seen these cute somewhat sexy comic book theme sleepwear at Wal-Mart and I had to get them. I have a "Batgirl" and "Superwoman" theme gown. Notice, I did say sleepwear. I bet your bottom dollar that someone will be in the club wearing this as a dress when it's actually sleepwear...SMH! Anywho, they come in different sizes of course and the largest being a 3X. I usually wear a 3X or 22-24. I decided to buy a large instead. I took photos in them so that I can do a comparison pic later on. BTW, I don't plan on wearing them until I can fit them comfortably.

15 MORE DAYS!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! ***singing my new favorite song from #EMPIRE*** "YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFULLLLLL"

I'm so excited, I didn't realize I typed's 14 y'all!!!! Still singing my new favorite song from #EMPIRE " YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLL (SHAKE IT SHAKE IT), 123 LET'S GOOOOOOOO (MOVE IT MOVE IT). GO UP down UP down UP down....

Just some more before pics

5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

Hi RealSelfers!!!! I had a bit of a scare this past Monday. I had so much pain in my calf and couldn't sleep last weekend, so I decided to go to the ER on Monday. My calf was actually swollen, so they ordered an ultra sound to make sure I didn't have a blood clot. That was my biggest fear because if it was a blood clot, I would have been put on blood thinners and would have had to postpone my surgery. After getting my results, it was not DVT (blood clot)... THANK GOD! They think I unconsciously injured myself while working and didn't realize it.

I had a visit with my primary care doctor today to make sure that I was healthy enough to have the surgery. Even though, I know test will be ran when I get to Tijuana, I don't want to make a trip all the way there and discover a major health problem that may prevent me from having surgery. So far his only concern is my blood pressure, so he increased my dosage. I also weighted in at 280.6 pounds today.

Tomorrow is actually the first day of my pre-op liquid diet. Pray for me y'all!! When I'm hungry, I get migraine headaches and I become very irritable. Pray that I don't bite anyone's head off....especially my annoying co-workers. Bad enough on one of my good days they annoy me. I just don't need to be annoyed by them while I'm hungry and going through those irritable stages.

I have a co-worker who just talk, talk, talk, TALK LOULDY at that, and if the other lady is not talking to her, she's on the phone talking, talking and talking. She gossips and talk about her family members, none family members etc. all day long. If she's not talking then she's humming! Sometimes, I picture myself sewing her mouth shut , that's how bad it is. So to keep my sanity, I put on my headphones and listen to Pandora all day to drown her out. So yes my realself family, pray for me. I need my good job! GOD BLESS!

Tomorrow is my big day!

Hi Realselfers! I flew from New Orleans to Fort Worth Texas and my friend and I missed our flight from Texas to San Diego by 1 minute. We are now sitting and waiting on the 11:00 flight. So far I've lost 7 pounds on my pre-op diet. I'm now 273. I'll be sure to keep you all updated. GOD BLESS!

Finally Sleeved!

Hi my realself family! !! I'm Alive, thank god almighty I'm alive! Just wanted you all to know that I'm doing fine. My starting weight before my 5 day liquid diet was 280. My weight the day of surgery was 271 which was yesterday. My first night was horrible! It wasn't gas because I experienced that after all 3 c-sections and my Hysterectomy. It was extreme hunger pains. When we were finally allowed to drink water this morning, I was only able to take about 5 small sips which was still too much because I almost threw it up. I'm kind if tired right now so I'm about to hit the sheets. TO BE CONTINUED.......

Sorry I'm late!

Hi Realselfers! Today I'm 6 days post op. I have so much to tell you guys so forgive me if it seems like I'm all over the place. First of all, let me say the trip to Tijuana was my first time ever flying. Ok, my friend and I had a hell of a trip in Dallas Forth Worth Texas's airport. Our connecting flight didn't have a gate number so we had to stop and get the gate number. We thought we had an hour layover so we took a trip to the restroom. Something told me to check our ticket and when I did, our connecting flight was in 10 mins. So basically right after our first flight landed we had to scurry over to get our connecting flight. We were told it takes 30 minutes just to board, but giving the fact that we had to ride a train to get to our location, we end up missing our flight. First we boarded a train that wasn't working then we were told to take the train across from us. As that train pulled up, everyone started to board and as soon as my friend and I was about to walk on, the door closed and we had to wait for the next one. That Sunday before my surgery, I got sick with a sinus cold. The flight to San Diego was 3 hours long and upon landing, the captain stayed in a certain latitude longer than expected. Giving the fact that I was already suffering with upper sinus problems, that made it worst. I felt as if my ears were about to explode and more sinus pushed it's way up causing me to have clogged ears for the next few days. Long story short, we made it to San Diego at 12:25. Our pick up time was 12:00. Thanks to the beautiful people from weightlossagents, they got the driver to turn around and come to pick us up.

We get there and go straight to have blood work done. I'm not shocked at all but my pressure was 155/101 and the Dr. thinks I have the flu. As I explained to him that it was a sinus cold, he was ok with it and I was told to take my meds again that night and again in the morning. I went the next morning and my pressure was still high 138/99, but I was approved for surgery.

I don't remember much...all I remember is the anesthesiologist putting anesthesia in my IV and rolling me off. I then woke up to an oxygen mask being put on my face and being told I'm ok as I laid in the recovery room next to my friend. My first night was horrible! As I mentioned before, I'm well aware of what gas pain is. I had 3 C-sections and a hysterectomy and suffered from extreme gas pains. This was not gas pains, it was severe hunger pains. After surgery we are not allowed to drink anything for at least 20 hours. The pain was so severe, I started to drink their faucet water from the restroom just to get something in my stomach. I felt like I could have chewed on my arm to help that pain go away. I was even dreaming of eating food. I would be eating food and run into the store to get something else to eat. I felt hungry before during my pre-liquid diet, but never felt hunger pains like this.

Well to fast forward, the pain is dwindling and I'm starting to get some strength back. So far since my pre-op and to now, I've lost a total of 22lbs. 280 down 258. I tried to post pics of the beautiful hotel we stayed in, but realself is acting up again. We stayed at Real Del Rio. Everyone there spoke English and was really nice. The guy in the restaurant seem to have a crush on me. We can get free post-op food (freeze pops, apple juice, broth which is nasty, and water) all day long from the restaurant. We also had nurses that made rounds for your post op to change your bandage and give meds. Even though I wasn't feeling the best, I still enjoyed my stay.

Always speak up

I just thought I should mention this. My friend told me that she was so glad that I decided to come along with her to have this surgery because she would have been like a big baby.

I'm not afraid of asking questions and finding out if I can bend the rules a little. Although, the medical staff was attentive, it was only because I made sure of it. Everytime our IV would empty, I would go and get thd nuse. I made sure we got our pain and antibiotics timely as well. It also helped that our room was right by the nurse's station. I shared a room in the hospital with my friend and another lady. I know it's her life, but JEESUM! HOW NAIVE CAN A PERSON BE!?! She (the other lady) felt as though since she wasn't in pain, she would just lye there. I was like, don't you know you still need the IV fluids to keep you from being dehydrated? She had gotten her first dose of antibiotics hours before we did because she had surgery earlier. I asked for my next dosage and was told it was at 11:00 and the time was10:25. My point is that her 2nd dose was hours earlier and this dumb door nob just lying there not saying a word. Other ladies there also complained about the nurses not being attentive. IF YOU DON'T OPEN YOUR MOUTH, THEN THEY COULD CARE LESS! But as I said earlier, I was on them like gravy and rice. Just make sure to be nice with it. They tend to ignore you if you have an attitude as one lady had to find that out the hard way.

Before surgery, we were told to get completely naked. I asked if I can keep my underwear on and was told yes. I was the only one with my panties on.

When we were told to drink the blue nasty drink, we were told to just drink it. We were'nt told how much, so I asked if we can only drink half and I was told yes. So while everyone else struggled to drink it all, my friend and I only drank half. The drinks were giving to us in our hotel roon so we couldn't alert everyone else.

When we were at the airport going home, we were broke and thirsty. So I went up to one of the restaurant's counter and asked for 2 large cups of ice and she gave it to me free o charge. That large cup of ice lasted the whole day. Well of course it melted, but we sipped on it the whole day.

Now when we were on our second flight we were put in a three seater. I asked the flight attendantif we can have one of the 2 seaters if nnobody is sitting there, he said yes. So we were able to lay back and stretch on our last flight.

Don't be afraid to speak up and ask for what you want. Just because it's an order of things dosen't necessarily mean that if you don't follow you will upset or break an orderly chain.

Pics of the beautiful hotel (Real Del Rio)

U.S. versus Mexico

I just wanted to say this for anyone who may a fear of going to another country for surgery.

I had an hysterectomy in 2013 by one of the best trauma hospitals here in New Orleans. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days. I was never given any antibiotics because I was told I didn't have any infection. I was sent home and had to return in 7 days to have my staples removed.

7 days later, I returne. Only to have pain and once they removed the first staple, I heard, "GO GET DR SO SND SO"! Next thing I know there are about 6 doctors in there. I then heard the nurse say, it's pouring out like a fountain. I was full of fluid and had to be reopened to clean out any infection. I indeed had infection. What turned out to be a regular 6 weeks of healing turned into 2 1/2 months. I was sent home with this huge open wound and it had to heal like that with no staples or stitches.

In Mexico I think they believe in preventing those type of things before it happen. They give you antibiotics through your IV your whole stay there and they send you home with capsules to take. O would recommend Tijuana, Mexico to anyone who can't afford it in the states or whose insurance company deny them or whatever your case msy be. I went through

Just venting!

I know that this too shall pass but I'm frustrated and I felt the need to vent. I was originally scheduled to return back to work next week, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough GPT time so I had to return a week earlier or I won't get paid. Since I've been back to work my weight loss stopped. I'm going back and forth between 278 and 276.

I'm disgusted because it remind me of what it was like before surgery. The only time I would lose anything was on the weekend when I would practically starve myself by eating 1 meal on Saturday and Sunday, only to gain it back Monday through Friday.

I'm walking more. Places I would normally drive to at lunch, I now walk to and I have a treadmil, so I walk on that too. I'm not doing all liquids anymore so I'm starting to feel like I might as well give up on ever using a spoon and fork again and just use straws for the rest of my life! It sucks thst as soon as I'm able to eat food my weight loss is at a standstill. I'm not eating much of anything to be honest with you. I've been mainly sipping on smoothies for the past two days. Others were sugarfree applesauce, jello and italian ice.

I know this too shall pass, but it's just frustrating. I 'm getting flash backs of me being stuck between 285-280 for a year then 280 and 275 for another year. I wish this "FAT DEMON" would just fade away for good.

Error on last blog.

I meant to say up and down between 258 and 256.

I want to updatd on that. I went to the gym yesterday and it kind of gotten me out of my funk. I didn't mentioned this because didn't want any future sleevers to be discouraged. One of the side effects of having gastric surgery is acid reflex. Mine is a severe case. It keeps me up all night and mostly everything I tried didn't work.

After going to the gym (I only used the treadmill and bike), it seemed like a volcano had erupted in my chest. There was a walgreens close by and I decidedto get some pepcid AC. It worked y'all!!! I bought tums and pepto bismal and none worked. The pepto actually made me threw up.

Dealing with constant heartburn for a week and having lost anymore weight just had me wrapped up in a funk box. I'm feeling better now and I actually lost 1 pound since then. I still have the acid reflex but the pepcid helps keep it at bay for at least 8 hours.

1 month post-op

Hi realselfers! Everything is going great so far. Today I'm 1 month post-op and down 30lbs.

1 month post-op

Almost 3 months

Hi Realselfers, I know it's been awhile, but I'm here now. Everthing has been great. Since my last update, I threw up maybe 6 times due to over eating. Sometimes I forget and get a little too excited and end up paying for it in the long run, or I forget to wait about 30 minutes after a meal and drink something. I also joined an indoor bootcamp which is awesome! Everyone I run into who hasn't seen me in awhile has noticed my weightloss and is in awe by it.

So far I'm feeling great and loving my decision. Hopefully these pics will post because for some reason, RS always gives me a hard time when loading my pics.

tried to post pics, but they didn't go through. Right now I'm Down from 280lbs to 228lbs. I've been stuck on 228 for the past 2 weeks, no worries though.

3 Months post op

62Lbs weight loss

My bad....52lb

I hit the wrong's 52

comparison pics

Hi RealSelfers

I know it's been awhile since my last update....SORRY! Its been 4 months since I had the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. So far my weight loss is slowing down. But that's ok; slow progress is better than no progress. So far I've lost a total of 58lbs. I'm now 222lbs of pure sexiness!

I'm also scheduled to have a tummy tuck, bbl, and lipo done in November with Dr Cabral in the Domincan Republic. I do have a question for anyone who has had surgery with him. Well several questions. What all was covered in your quote? His email didn't say much. It just said it covers my lodging and medical expenses. Did you he provide you with a garment afterwards or did you have to purchase your own? As far as "lodging " goes, di he provide you with a hotel or recovery house?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Cute sleepwear

Hi RealSelfers! I purchased these cute sleepwear dresses from Walmart back when I was 281lbs. I'm now 220lbs. My "friend with benefits", thinks that they are sexy. They look long but are actually short. They stop at my thighs. Anywho, loosing weight has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. For example, the SEX!

The sex is OFF THE CHAIN! I've been working out with this boot camp group and my Stamina is amazing! My friend can't seem to keep his hands off me and I'm just getting started. I will be upgrading this body of mine in November. I just pray this man don't become overly obsessive. Other than the sex, there are a lot of other good things that comes with weight loss. I used to hate taking photos. I love them now. I also used to hate shopping. I'm shopping almost every week now. I'm also finally going on a family vacation to an amusement park..something I feared because of my size.

Just a quick update

Hi Realselfers, I know it's been awhile since my last update, I'm sorry. Well since my last update, I wanted you to know that my family and I went to Universal Studios. I got on almost every ride and roller coaster. It felt really good being able to fit on a ride and not struggle. I had a blast!

Since my last update, I reached a plateau in my weight loss. I made it to 210lbs and stayed 210lbs for about a month, then I gained 2 more pounds. So I'm now 212lbs giving me a total of 68lbs lost in 5 months.

Right now I'm just counting down to my next big adventure in November. I will be having a tummy tuck, liposuction to my flanks, back, and waist, also a BBL because I'm kind of deflated in that department. I have a lot of lose skin and can't wait to get it all off! I will have my daughter take a few pics of my body showing the lose skin later and will post them tomorrow. Hope you all are doing well and God Bless!

Lose skin

Hello Realselfers!

On my way to go and see, "The Perfect Guy" .

Dr. Cabral

Hi Realselfers! I just wanted to let you know how I contacted Dr. Cabral. I emailed him at

I emailed him information regarding how many pregnancies and c-sections I had, along with my medical conditions, age, height, size, and BMI. I also attached 3 nude photos of my front, back, and side.

Dr. Cabral responded within the first 3 days with a qoute of $5000 For lipo of full back, waist, flanks and armpits. Also a tummy tuck and bbl. I was at that time 220lbs. I'm now 206lbs and he gave me a new qoute, $4800. I wanted to stay a total of 8 days, but his assistant said that won't work so she gave me Dr. Cabral's personal cell number to call him. I don't feel comfortable giving his number out without his permission so I'm not going to list it. But he would rather his patients stay a tital of 14 days, but he told me to stay for at least 12 days.

That's all I have for now, but I will be sure to keep you all updated. God Bless! SHOW LESS

Hi Realselfers!

Hi all, I just wanted to give you all an update. So far my weight loss is still at a standstill. I've been going up and down between 208lbs and 206lbs for about 2 months now. I decided not to get on the scale for the whole month of October.

On another note, I'm excited about my new transformation that's coming up in November. I finally purchased my airline tickets. I found that they were much cheaper By booking my departure flight from Mississippi. I live in New Orleans and Mississippi is about an 1 or 1 1/2 hours away. So I booked that flight. I also sent my $100 deposit to "The Princess Recovery" house in the Dominican Republic.
There aren't too many reviews on them because they've only been open for 3 months.

At the moment, I'm taking only prenatal vitamins. I will begin to take my B12, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron in mid October, as well as drinking beet and carrot juice to help build up my hemoglobin. I've gotten lazy with working out since I stopped going to boot camp, so I think I'm going to dust off my treadmill and start doing 30 mins a day 4 days out of the week. I've only stopped because my daughter and I both have braces now and I paid it out. So I could no longer afford the $99 a month for boot camp. BTW, I love my braces. They are gold and I get a lot of compliments. After telling the receptionist at my Orthodontist office my whole experience and journey, she told me, I was her hero. Made be blush from ear to ear.

Breathing exercise machine

Just got this in the mail today. I had one before when I had my hysterectomy and I threw it away. Never thought I would need it again. Since I'm having a tt, I know I will need this aftetwards. It was only $9 on Amazon.

He's an awesome GOD!

Our God is an awesome God, yes he is! I have been thinking abiut getting my breast done but I knew I wouldn't have enough funds. I need at least an extra $1000. So I have been thinking about doing some overtime in another department where I work.

The problem I have with working overtime is that it's time away from my girls and it's tiresome as well. But I was like, "lord I wish some money would just fall into my lap".

So anyway about 3 months ago, I was told that I needed a crown when I was getting my root canal. I paid for everything at that moment. The Dr. who was doing my root canal said I needed the crown before I get my braces. Fast forward to a month later I was getting a filling from a diff dentist and he said it was ok to get my braces now and then do the crown. Fast forward to now. I went for my 6 months cleaning and was told that I misunderstood what he was saying. He said that I would have to wait until I'm done with my braces and THEN get the crown, which is basically 1year and 3 months from now.

So the $521 I paid out of pocket will be reimbursed to me. I really wasn't expecting this, but God is good!

Supplies, me, my friend and my braces

Hi all, I was bored on Saturday so I decided to start packing the following:
Prilosec (sample packs I got from work)
Arnica gel and pills
Pepto Bismol
Bio Oil and scarquard for scar therapy
Compression socks
Breathing Machine
Lipo boards
Depends (to help protect garment from leaking fluids). I wore these after my hysterectomy and it helped a lot.
Boppy pillow
Butterfly closures
Sterile pads
Antibacterial wipes
To go wipes
8 packs of Bath wipes
And of course my personal toiletries.
Bed pads
Instead of maxi pads, I'm using bladder pads. They are longer and thicker.
Butterfly needles to help drain fluid if needed. I work in a clinic and one of the nurses showed me how to drain myself if needed.

This is all I have for now. All I need to do now is get some undershirts, washcloths, and maybe some lose sweat clothes since the weather is changing. I had some maxi dresses, but it may be too cool for them by the time of my surgery.

The pic is of my friend and I. She had the Gastric Sleeve done in Mexico with me. I'm The one on the right.

It's the final countdown!

I'm in a size 10 y'all! I bought these cute capri pants because it was on sale and I was being optimistic. I was like, " I know someday, I will be able to fit these"!

I took it home and like a fool, tried them on. They only made it to my knees. So, I hung them up in my closet right behind my work uniforms so that I can see and remind myself daily that I'm working to get in those pants.

Well, out of boredom, I decided to go for it again. When I sized them up in front of me I was like, there is noway in hell I can fit these itty bitty pants. You got to realise, I was a size 24 in March of this year and I still suffer from "fat girl syndrome" every now and then. I still see myself as this almost 300lb woman. This extra skin isn't making it any easier. Oh, back to what I was saying. Anywho, I put one leg in then the other and took a deep breath. I slowly pulled them up to my knees and was about to give up. I was like "Girl quit kidding yourself"! So, I took another deep breath and decided to go for it. I got it passed my knees and I thought it would stop at my thighs but it keot going. Now my nexr challenge was to zip it and snap it.

I took a long deep breath this time and went for it. I made it y'all!!! I'm in a size 10! But with all that excitement I haven't forgotten about the fit. It fit perfectly around my thighs and non-existent hips but it's too tighr around my waist thanks to all the extra fat and skin. So I'm tthinking once I have my tummy tuck and lipo, I may actually be a size 8. I really don't want to be smaller than that. Ok guys, I can't wait until my next adventure! Be blessed!

It's only been two months and the change is noticeabl.

My booty buddy pillow

Hi Realselfers! I'm currently 30 days away from my complete transformation. My pillow just arrived today. It's a pillow to help aid in the transformation of my bbl. doctors recommend that you try not to sit on your butt for at least 3 weeks. It varies with different doctors. Since I will be flying back to Mississippi and driving an hour 1/2 back home to New Orleans, I thought this pillow woul be best. I ordered it from booty for $69.99.

Hi Realselfers!

Hi Realselfers! I just wanted to give you all an update. So I went to visit my PCP to make sure I'm healthy enough for this upcoming surgery. If you have been following me, you should know that I'm a diabetic and has High Blood Pressure. I asked her to order some blood work, mainly a CBC panel because I really wanted to check my Hemoglobin level. Well she ordered blood work but it wasn't the CBC panel.

She told me that if my BW come back abnormal, she would give me a call and if I want a copy of it to come pick it up. Well, after a week and no phone call, assuming everything was ok, I decided to go get a copy. I didn't understand the results but I can read. The Doctor had written notes on it. It said that my creatinine levels were a bit too high which indicates kidney damage and given the level it indicates "Stage 3 kidney disease ". So imagine my shock! I cried and cried because I watch my mom start to deteriorate after finding out she had kidney damage which led to complete kidney failure.

So I had to wait another week just to meet with her for her to explain everything with me. She said that it wasn't her notes but I do have kidney damage which was caused by my HBP and she doesn't know the extent of it. I would have to meet with the Nephrologist to determine it. I asked her if I can still have my upcoming surgery and she said yes, it shouldn't be a problem.

Right now we're working on keeping my BP at a stable level which can ultimately slow the damage to my kidneys or reverse it. I also did the finger prick to check my Hemoglobin level and it was 13.7. I haven't been taking my meds for my diabetes but my A1C levels were perfect which means I now have control over my diabetes and at the moment, do not need to take any meds. I decided not to cry, stress, or worry and just put it all in God's hand.

With all that being said, I'm still a ball of nerves because I'm getting closer to my date!!! Pray for me Realselfers, I neeeeed all the prayers I can get. Well only the prayers that are for me and not against me. Some people are real haters. I work with a few. Thank you all and a God Bless!

Almost there!

Good Morning Realsefers!

I arrived yesterday here in Santo Domingo. The plane ride here was a smooth one. I didn't have any long layovers even though when I booked my ticket, it said 1 1/2 hour layover. I'm guessing because it is so close to the holidays, the lines here to get your tourist card and immigration line was damn near out the door. The whole process took about 40 mins. While leaving, I was called beautiful by 4 differrnt guys. I think they judt wanted a

When I exited the building, there were so many people out there holding up name signs. Mine wasn't one of them. So, I walked outside and had a bunch of taxi drivers coming at me. Well I waited and decided to go back inside to use another phone because unfortunately, my phone no longer worked. A young lady helped me, but then charged me a $1. Long story short, I was able to contact Ninoska from Princess Recovery Houss. She was already there looking for me. She's such a doll. She greeted me with opened arms and they fed me as soon as I arrived. The other virls there and my roommate has been so nice, including the staff.

Right now I'm in Dr. Cabral's office awaiting his arrival. I've done my blood work and I'm just sitting and waiting patiently.

That's all I have for noe, I will be sure to update you guys. God Bless!

Hello Realselfers!

Sorry it took me awhile but this pain is no joke and plus the wifi here sucks. Just wanted you to know I made it to the land of sexy. I will update soon. God Bless'

Hello realselfers!

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. Right now at this moment I'm feeling ok. This healing process has been up and down for me. I'm now retaining a lot of fluid in my belly so my stomach is not as flat as I hoped. The pain has been unbareable. Today is the first day since I had surgery on the 24th that I was a led to get out of bed with no help.

That's it for now. I will give a more detailed review once I'm back home. I will be leaving the DR on Saturday. God Bless!

Warning: Really long update

Hi Realselfers! I tried uploading photos but it didn't work. I will try again later. This will be a lot so forgive me if I'm all over the place.

I didn't have my surgery on the 23rd as planned. I spent most of that day on the 23rd doing lab work. I was never told by Dr. Cabral nor his assistant that I would have to pay $300 to see the Endocrinologist or pay an extra $50 for more blood work because I'm a diabetic. Unfortunately, all I had was $350 after paying Dr. Cabral and the Recovery House. So I pleaded with Dr. Cabral to change my qoute since he was already about to give it to me for 4500. He qouted me 4800 through email but was about to write 4500. He asked me what price he gave me and I told him 4800, so he scratched out the 5 and put 8. Well after explaining to him that I would be completely broke because I was never told anything about having to pay the Endocrinologist, he gave it to me for 4500. I had my surger. on the 24th.

My stay at Cipla was the worst experience ever! I had a nurse stay over night with me but she wasn't much help. The language barrier is so difficult. I woke up twice during surgery. I wasn't scare or worried. I felt no pain only pressure. I called Dr. Cabral' s name while my back was being lipoed and a woman responded and said "He's working on you sweetheart", and I went back under. I woke up again when he was doing my tummy tuck and I didn't say anything, I just rubbed my eyes and I was back out again. I woke up in my room wrapped up and in a bed of blood and fluid. I was not allowed to move and my ass felt like rocks. It was cold in the room and I only had a sheet to cover up with. I was his first patient that morning so I had to lye there in a pool of blood all that day and night until the nurses came in the next morning to clean me and put me in a faja. There was so much fluid when they pulled the sheets threre was a puddle of fluid underneath it. I was so miserable and cold. I couldn't sleep at all. Some of the other girls who had surgery at Cecip or other clinics did not have the same experience. They were put in their faja right after surgery and was cleaned. I don't think I would ever go there for surgery again. I also needed 1 pt of blood and they wouldn't give it to me until I pay $120 first. The days after surgery I would be in extreme pain and looked sick.

Recovery House: Princess Recovery House

The young ladies there were pretty helpful. They feed you 3 meals a day and a snack if you want it. They also will was your clothes andfaja as well. On the negative side, when you're really sick, they don't really know what they are doing. If you have a really bad headache, weak, or pale, they think it's. normal and all you need to do is eat. My roomate suffered with really bad headaches and she was told she needed to eat but Dr. Cabral checked her hemo and it was low. I on the other hand was weak, tired, and pale. No one picked it up nor did Dr. Cabral. My flight back home wasn't until 3:00 that evening. They took me to the airport at 10:45 in the morning. So I had to sit there in a wheel chair inpain until 3 and then my first flight was 3 hours long. I fogot to mentioned I was full of fluids once they removed my drains. They had to manually drain me for the next few days.

When I got home, It didn't seem like I was getting any better. I came home on Saturday and went to see my PCP on Monday. I was full of fluids and wanted to know if she could drain me. She said she didn't feel comfortable doing it so I had to go to the ER. This ER basically told me they couldn't help me. I called a friend of mine (lab tech) to see if she can get me a needle and syringe to drain myself,but the needle was too small. I went to another ER and they did blood work and an ultrasound to locate the fluid pockets. Not only did I have a lot of fluid, My blood count was low, I was dehydrated, my belly button was infected, and my kidneys were close to renal failure. I believe all this was going on while I was in the Dominican Republic, but Dr. Cabral didn't take notice or try to. After surgery, I only seen his nurses and according to them, everything I was feeling was normal. Well, while I was in thr hospital, I was given 2 bags of blood and 5 bags of fluid. They are also running test to see if I have Lupus. It does run in my family. They think thst may be the cause of my kidney damage and othet things. I was in there for 4 days. I'm feeling better noe and should be returning to work tomorrow.

That's all I have for now. I'll keep trying to upload some pics. God Bless!

I just want to mention that I have 2 profiles and I try to update both. The word "Research" was mentioned in few of the comments. I just want you to know that I did not go into this with a blind eye. I have done my research on this Dr and several others. I know that there are risk when going under the knife with any Dr. I also know that in the Dominican Republic you may not get the best aftercare. Some have and so,e may not. I knew whst I eas doing snd why I chose to go to Dr. Cabral. I know that God is an awesome God. I didn't put my life in Dr. Cabral's hand, I put it in God's hands. Yes, I had complications but I'm still here and getting better. I'm glad I can help anyone with their decision on going to the Dominican Republic or not. I had surgery here at the best trauma hospital in the state of Louisiana and still had complications. It happens no matter where you go. I was told that I may have an illness that may explain why I'm going through all of these complications but test are being done to determine that. I choise to go there and I read probably the same negative things you all read, seen, or heard, but like I said earlier. God got this. He always has and I believe he always will.

Now, what I didn'tresearch on is the fact that they have earthquakes in the Dominican Republic. It was the day after I had surgery that an Earthquake happened. It was a 5.6 in another city but it was strong enough for us to feel it in Santo Domingo. I thank God for sooooo many reasons. He brought me this far. I've survived and made it through hurricane Katrina, 3 c-sections 3rd being the hardest, I lost a lot of blood, hysterectomy with complications (took 2 months to heal), gastric sleeve, earthquake, this surgery and whatever is going on with my kidneys.

I'm not offended because I know that all of you mean well. I just want you to know that I have done my research on this Dr, nit the earthquakes though. I don't ever plan on going back!

Hi RealSelfers

Hi RealSelfers! I'm back at work! Today is my first day back and I'm excited. I need my coins. I sit at a desk all day so I'm good. I've finally got a chance to upload my photos. As you can see, 2 weeks post-op I was developing saromas and swollen. I've since then had a drain put back in and it was removed yesterday. Tomorrow I will be 1 month post-op. I'm feeling and getting around much better. As far as my health, I'm not sure what is what until I see each specialist to determine what's going on. I hope you all are doing well. Happy Holidays to you and be Blessed!

Hi Realselfers!

I'm 5 weeks post-op and I'm doing feeling much better. I'm not as stiff as I used to be. I'm now able to lay down on my stomach. The pain is mild but I'm still comfortable. My body seems to take on a different shape everyday. I'm loving my body, even with my bat wings and saggy thighs. Well this is all I have for now Realselfers. Be Blessed!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Realselfers!

Hi Realselfers!

Great news you guys! I went for my rheumatology appointment and I DO NOT HAVE LUPUS! THANK GOD!!! I'm still waiting on my renal appointment regarding my kidneys, but I'm not worried. God Bless!

My new Faja

I've finally ordered a stage 2 Faja! I've been wearing a stage 1 Faja with a lipo board and a waist cincher for extra compression for the longest to try and save money. I'm loving the fit and how comfortable it is. It's the DPrada 11066. I ordered it in a 1x from Amazon.

Hi Realselfers!

I'm currently 2 months and 16 days post-op. Everything is going well and I'm feeling great. Yesterday was Mardi Gras here in New Orleans and I've gotten so much attention. I'm loving the new me. Here are some pics I took yesterday. God bless!

3 months post-op

Hi Realselfers! I've finally reached my 3 months mark! So far everything is going well. I still have a little numbness around my tummy tuck scar and I still can't feel my belly button. Every now and then, depending on how I'm sitting, I may still have the burning sensation in my back. It doesn't last long....maybe a minute or two and then it goes away.

I had a lot of ups and downs during this journey since 2013. Other than the death of my mom, there is nothing else I would want to change. You live and learn.. some the easy way and others, the hard way. Either way, it's an experience that can either make or break you; its up to you to figure out which one.

So far I'm enjoying my new body. I enjoy shopping now and playing dress up like a kid. I have a new chair now! One that I've always wanted; It's my boo's Yes, he's my permanent seat now. I sit in his lap when we're watching TV together. It feels good being able to sit on him and not hear " YOUR'RE BREAKING MY LEG"! Well, this is all I have for now. God Bless and Happy Healing to all you Realselfers in the recovery stage!

1 year post-op Gastric Sleeve!

Hi my realself family! I was so excited about my plastic surgery journey, I've practically forgotten about my Gastric Sleeve. This has been an amazing journey. I'm so happy with my new body. It feels so surreal at times. I'm now 1 year post-op and I've lost a total of 115lbs. I started at 285lbs with a BMI of 40.9 (obesity) and I'm now 170lbs with a BMI of 24.4 (Normal Weight).

If you're tired of being tired and just feel like you have to remain in that shell of a body that's making you unhappy, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If exercise and yoyo diets aren't doing you any justice, go for the surgery. Your benefits will outweigh the risks. Stop listening to nay Sayers and do what you feel is the right thing for you. Because after all, no one will carry that extra weight for you, take those high blood pressure pills for you, take insulin shots for you, or even help you breath and sleep better at night. Only YOU can do those things for you.

Thank all of you who has followed, commented, messaged, and gave me words of encouragement, prayers, and advice. Had it not been for realself, I still may be sitting here feeling sorry for myself and just big and miserable because I would still be thinking that I couldn't afford this type of surgery. I learned about Dr. Almanza (Gastric Sleeve) and Dr. Cabral (plastic surgery) through RealSelf.

That's all I have for now. Good luck to you all who are having surgery sometime in the future. Happy Healing to everyone who is in the healing process and God Bless you all!

Hi Realselfers!

Sorry it's been awhile, but I have a lot of personal things going on in my life right now. I can and will tell you that I've finally gotten the proposal of my dreams. It was beautiful y'all! He came to my job, dressed all nice, with pink roses, and a beautiful ring. He dropped down to one knee in front of everyone and proposed. I said No.

Don't take the person your with love for granted. Mine took me for granted for almost seven years. I left him and now he's trying to win me back. The problem with that is that, I don't want him back. Show the person your with how much you love them during your relationship, not after its over. Sometimes you're just a little too late.

On a more happier note. I'm enjoying my new body. I've been on several dates since my breakup and I'm enjoying the single life.
Dr.Mario Almanza

I really don't have much to say about Dr. Almanza. I met and seen him one time. He came in and introduced himself to group of us and explained the process, asked if we had any questions, took a photo and that was it. I didn't see him post-op at all. After care was through nurses in the hospital and hotel. The nurse is the one who removed our drain as well. I would recommend weightlossagents. I found Dr. Almanza through them. I give them 5 stars across the board! They answer all your questions in a timely manner, call and check up on you and everything else. As far as Dr. Almanza is concerned, I can only say that my surgery is successful. I can't really comment on anything else with him because like I said earlier, We've only seen him once.