Gastric Bypass Patient Still Seeking Corrective Surgeries - Mexico, MX

I received a circumferential body lift from Dr....

I received a circumferential body lift from Dr. Quiroz some time ago. Since then I have realized that in an effort to save money by going to Mexico I have spent and am about to spend even more money to get what I should have in the first place. Dr. Quiroz charged me an extra $300 right before I went into the operating room to do a fat transfer to my buttocks which never happened . Of course no mention of this was made after the surgery. He also left me without a belly button and jagged scars on my hips. He told me that my saddlebags would be pulled back up to my buttocks/hips where that tissue belonged but little was done if anything with my lateral thighs. I was left with skin on bone over my hips which accentuated my pear shaped figure even more. Since I have never had plastic surgery before I accepted all this as the status quo but have learned since that I could have done much better for the money I spent. I am now looking at 24k in surgery to get what I could have gotten in the first place if I had done my homework from the start. All I am saying is buyer beware. Beware of bargains in hand grenades and plastic surgery.

The choice is made

I have chosen Dr. Timothy Katzen to do my next surgery. I am scheduled for January 9th, 2017. He will be doing a lateral wedge excision on my thighs( which is basically a saddlebag removal), extensive lipo on my legs, a calf reduction and fat transfer to my buttocks. I interviewed a few surgeons and he was the only one who didn't want to redo the medial thigh lift I had back in 2010 or do a lateral thigh lift without tissue excision and the only Dr. who didn't feel it was necessary to do 2 surgeries. Dr. Katzen has excellent reviews. Not a disparaging word anywhere I have searched. Next week I embark on the extensive testing I will need to satisfy him that I am a healthy and strong 56 year old woman. These tests are costing me $2000 because my insurance won't cover them. That would have been nice to know up front but oh well. The whole thing will cost 30k by the time all the dust settles. So I think I will post my progress here on Real Self because I have found others postings so helpful and informative. Stay tuned!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Quiroz is a very kind man with good bedside manner. Most of my time was spent interacting with his office manager. I feel now that many promises were made but not all were delivered.