Ethnic Nose Alarplasty for 28 Year Old Male - New York

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This review is long overdue, but as the saying...

This review is long overdue, but as the saying goes, better late than never. I had a procedure done last September with Dr. S and his staff, and I wish to share my experience with whoever is reading this. Ever since I hit puberty, I have always been insecure about having a wide alar base of my nose, which I felt threw off the harmony of my face especially when I smiled. And let’s face it, in this image driven society, having an aesthetically pleasing face is advantageous in many aspects of a person’s life. Naturally, I did my own extensive research online regarding the procedure which I wanted (alar base reduction), the type of surgeon I wanted (someone who specializes in ethnic noses), and the costs (befitting my student budget). Lo and behold, I stumbled upon Dr. S’s website, and if you have also seen it, you would know it is quite convincing and impressive.

During the preparatory stages of the procedure I was introduced to Kate, a colleague of Dr. S., she is a lovely person. Since I wanted to do this procedure with utmost discretion, thus I did not even tell my closest friends. Having Kate around, especially before and after the surgery, made it feel like I had a friend by my side. Not only is she highly professional, she also gives off such positive energy. The other key person who made this whole experience so positive is Jana, the patient coordinator of the clinic, with whom you will most likely interact with first. Already in our email correspondence, I knew she’s a great person. She basically bent over backwards to accommodate for the particular complications my situation provided. It can be said that she is simply doing her job, but I felt that Jana was campaigning specifically for MY cause, which is a testament to her excellent personal skills. She’s friendly, compassionate and an all-around awesome person.

The procedure itself went smoothly and without pain or complication. I was provided with all the care and information I needed for a smooth recovery. Dr. S made sure that the stitches were not that visible and I was able to go about my day without any trouble. There was some minor swelling at first but it subsided after a while. And now after nearly 4 months since my surgery, the scarring has nearly completely faded, my nose is more aligned with the rest of my facial features, and yet the change is quite conservative, just as I requested. This is was my first and only venture into cosmetic surgery thus far, and my overall experience has been a very positive one. Thank you to Dr. S. and his team for the care they have given me. I could not be happier with the results! ;)

I am a naturally skeptical person. Despite all the evidence and testimonials I have read about him, I was unconvinced of whether or not he is the right surgeon for me. I had to meet him in person and form my own impression of him before making my final decision. I went in for an initial check-up, and met him and his staff, discussed the procedure I wanted, and other practical arrangements. As is to be expected from a surgeon of his caliber, he was very professional and highly competent. He proverbially “walks the talk” and then some. On this basis alone, I would have been convinced already, but as an added bonus, Dr. S also made me feel very comfortable and alleviated my anxieties by answering my never-ending questions. Even though, I am just one of many patients he has, I felt that he genuinely cared and I was not simply “another patient”. I left the clinic feeling more secure than ever that I made the right choice.