Hi, all. I am on my way to Thailand for business and while there am going to have fat transfer to my breasts.
Aiy! I'm a little nervous...
I am in my 40s, 5'7", 125 pounds, and a 34B (32" at nipple line, 28" under breasts, 31.5" over breasts.) I've nursed two babies, had implants to fill out the deflation, and last year decided they weren't for me after experiencing autoimmune difficulties. I had the implants and capsules explanted and my breasts lifted. (My awesome doctor didn't even charge me for the explantation and the lift. He does amazing work.)
Now, I'd like to just be filled out enough again that stretch marks are not as visible, and to have a bit more fullness in the upper part of my breasts. My right breast is also somewhat smaller than the left.
I've read every peer-reviewed journal out there and feel good about my decision. We will see!
After reading much about volumetric analysis in journals, I found a great resource that helped me understand my current volume and make a decision about how much fat to request be grafted: "Brassiere Measurement," from Wikipedia. Based on this table (and my own measurements), I estimate that my current volume is about 310cc. I should be able to accept about 300cc with a 50% survival rate.
Because overfilling can lead to complete rejection of the graft, though, and because I only want to be a 32C (i.e., less than 100cc greater), I'm going to request about a 200cc graft and hope for a 50% survival. (Interesting how cup size is so relative. When doctors say you can increase xx cup size, or will be a "full C"-well, that depends on your current volume! A "full C" can mean anywhere between 240cc to over 1000cc! It's all relative to your frame. "C" doesn't mean anything standard. Oh well, I digress... I want to be a 32C, or about 400 cc total volume.)
I've been using the Noogleberry each day for 3 weeks, about 3 hours each day divided in several sessions. At first it took a long time for my breasts to expand. Now, I can get them to more than double their size in about 15 minutes. I do not have any residual swelling, though. Immediately after I stop pumping they go back to nearly their usual size. That does give me pause, because people who are using the Brava protocol have much different results.
Theoretically, I should be increasing vascularization, though, and increasing the "scaffold" for accepting the fat. My fingers are crossed!
Thailand has some of the best health care in the world, and is much more affordable. I recognize this is a bit of a gamble in terms of survival of the fat, but I feel great about the physician. I have about 20 more hours of travel and will undergo the procedure on Thursday. Time will tell if this is the right choice.
Cross your fingers for me!