Got Them Done on a Whim After Kids - So Glad I Did - Texas

I went to three consultations on a whim well after...

I went to three consultations on a whim well after having two kids. I wanted to maybe suntan topless. I wasn't particularly unhappy with my breasts till I saw the before pictures AFTER surgery :) I was shocked at how bad they had looked before - Snoopy, anyone? The doctor's pictures were worse than the ones I put up here. It wasn't like I was in the habit of taking pictures of them beforehand and for good reason. One reason I'd shied away was if one implant failed, I didn't want to be lopsided. But the Mentor warranty on silicone implants is phenomenal!

NOTE that women do indeed experience complications that lead to further surgeries so not every situation is a walk in the park. But being afraid of every little possible problem is no way to live life either.

After deciding nahh, I changed my mind within a month and was scheduled for a couple of weeks later.

I didn't have much pain, just odd sensations that can be described on many forums, and I was especially sensitive to noises during sleep which was just a nuisance.

I've shown my frankenboob so you know what to expect the first few weeks or months. And the first two weeks I was in tears a little bit every day, thinking I'd gone too big. It's just a shock/swelling, etc. I had matronly-looking boobs at first.

But by two months, things had settled down and they already looked good. By month eight (where I am now Apr 27, 2011), I am super happy. I realized that though I'm a nice full size, my nursing-stretched skin could have accommodated an even larger implant.

And you know that bikinis are evil. They tend to smash boobs flat and small. Well, I debuted a new bikini recently, and the breasts look modest in a bikini but lovely.

They feel so awesome, and I have to say that since even real perky breasts sag even in your twenties, augmented breasts can be awesome! Fight mother nature!

5'3" 115 lbs
pre-BA: saggy 34B (wrong band size)
ribcage: 26"
submuscular 425cc silicone
post-BA: 30DDD/F or 32DD

Oh, and they're mod plus profile

Oh, and they're mod plus profile

Ah, the good old days that never can be again

It's been about 5 years and 7 months since augmentation.

I wear a bralette every night to bed and have since augmentation - recently I am wearing a more supportive one. Note the profiles - the left one looks a little weird/saggy - it's been like that pretty much since about 8 months out - apparently that original breast was a bit bigger but would have looked too much bigger with a larger implant.

I don't want to know how they'd look without having worn the bralette to bed - I'm sure there'd be much more sagging - there must be a little bit but you can't tell from my pictures.

Lately, I've been missing my perfect pre-baby breasts - small nipples/areolas and small 34B's, a bit of natural sag. I do feel like these are too heavy sometimes and in some tops I look kind of fat - no more ribbed tops for me! I am thinking that sometime (far) into the future I'll get a reduction and small implants but for now, they look pretty good and are proportional with my bigger hips. Note that I splashed cold water on them before the pictures - the areolas look big without that trick :)

I do wonder what they'd have been like with slightly smaller implants, like 350 or 375, so think about things before you decide. I definitely do NOT wish I'd gone bigger.

Good luck with your decision!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

If you want a doctor who is enthusiastic about what he does, performs many breast augmentations, and shows you realistic outcomes of a variety of breast shapes, go to him. He's not a hand-holder - you have few post-op visits though quick answers to questions via email/phone - I think adding one post-op the day after would be handy and may reduce the number of tears! - but the results are fabulous.