32 Years Old - 3 Kids - Ready to Have a Waist Again! - Tacoma, WA

I had my third child 6 months ago, and I'm really...

I had my third child 6 months ago, and I'm really unhappy with the 'aftermath'. I had twins about 11 years ago, and as a result, my stomach has never been the same. I've always carried the majority of my weight in my abdomen, and I've always had a boxy midsection. I'm hoping laser liposuction will at least give me a more feminine shape. I know I'll still have my stretch marks, and I'm expecting skin laxity, but if I'm desperate to get some self-confidence back. Prior to my most recent pregnancy, I was at my goal weight (160-165) but still had my boxy shape. I've been getting back into the gym to get the rest of my body in order so I['m hoping with the lipo, I'll be somewhat back to my old self in a few months.

I have my pre-op TODAY and I'm nervous but more so excited. I'll update once I know more!

I went to my pre-op and met Dr. Marten for the first time. He was really easy to talk to, and set realistic expectations on results, which I appreciated. He mentioned the posibility of having loose skin, but if I have a flatter stomach, it's worth it to me.

After taking a closer look, he recommended I get my hips and bra roll done as well. The goal is to look like I didn't have lipo, and without doing the full torso area, I may look disproportionate.

I am now getting: upper abdomen, lower abdomen, love handles, bra roll, and hips. It's a bigger expense but I really want to be happy with my end results.

The countdown starts now.. Procedure is on 9/16!!!

Getting Nervous!

I've been doing a lot of research to prepare mentally for Friday and have been trying to stay hydrated since I read that helps keep the swelling down. I am getting into the "what if..." mindset, which is where my mind goes every time I make a big decision. I'm really hoping I get good results from this!

Well I did it!

I had my procedure today and I can already tell I'm going to have good results! They removed... a lot from my abdomen. They couldn't give me enough numbing meds to do my bra roll today so I'll have to come back in a few weeks to have that done.

As far as how I'm feeling... let's just say I can't remember another time where I hurt this bad, and I've had two c-sections. I bawled my eyes out and ended up having to take the binder off. The compression garment is tight, and there's rolled up pads in there, so the binder made me feel like I was going to pass out from the pain. I've been taking my Vicodin every 4 hours and still am suffering. I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

Seeing Results Already

15 hours after surgery
I'm stuffed with pads so I look puffier than I am. I can't wait to take a shower!

2 Days Post-Opp

Well I'm still a bit swollen and really bruised but I can see even more results! Dr. Marten is known to under-promise and even he said I will have great results. So happy I did this.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is how wonderful the staff is at Sono Bello in Tacoma. They are so helpful and Dr. Marten has great bedside manner and walked me through every single step.

Special shout out to Liz (consultant at SB) for encouraging me to be brave.

PS excuse the messy bedroom

Day 3 Pics

My front view is looking so slim compared to before! I can't wait for my appt on Friday so I can get a new compression garment. This one is getting too loose!

Holy Swollen

The past day and a half I've been super swollen and sore. My stomach is rock hard and feels like I've been ran over! I've been trying to tough it out, but it's impossible to wear anything but dresses and stretch pants at this point. I'm hoping it'll go down in the next day or so.

Feeling Good!

I went to my post-op yesterday and my incision sites are healing nicely and everything is it should be. I'm still in a little pain when I get out of bed in the mornings, but other than that, I'm feeling great. The doctor said I need to use a rolling pin to massage my abdomen, which will help with the hard spots and help create a flatter appearance. Based on the doctors overall review yesterday, I should expect great results in the upcoming weeks. Updated pics to follow!

Updated pics

Pretty swollen today but slowly seeing results.

So much progress!

The pictures don't do my results much justice but I can tell you I'm loving what I see!

Going to my pre-op right now for my bra roll, which is tomorrow! Eek!
Dr. Esteban Marten

I'll update once I know more