53 and Missing my Firm Neck and Jawline...

I'm 53, 8 years post menopausal and my poor neck...

I'm 53, 8 years post menopausal and my poor neck is really missing estrogen and my forties. Ugh.

I'm scheduled for a neck and lower facelift in the morning, Wednesday 5th October. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm also excited.

Reading reviews on Real self gave me the confidence to proceed with surgery and that's why I'm sharing my experience.

Day 1

My surgery went well. I was a bit uncomfortable last night because of the dressing, but no pain. The dressing was removed this morning and I'm wearing the pressure garment, which is fine. I'm looking forward to getting the drain removed tomorrow.

I know it's early days, but I'm really pleased to see my jaw and firm neck!

Day 3: Drain Removed

My drain is out and I feel more comfortable. The skin on my jaw and behind my ears is a bit numb, but I don't have any bruising. I'm really happy with my recovery at this stage. I wasn't sure how I would feel after the surgery, so it's good to feel so well.

Day 13: All Stitches Removed

I had the staples and the last of my stitches removed today and I'm looking forward to a more comfortable nights sleep without the staples. My scars look pretty good, though they're a bit dry. I still have some swelling under my chin, but it's not that noticeable. I'm very happy with my progress, I had very little downtime with minimal bruising.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon