New Non Surgical Ear Pinning Produced Amazing Instant Results!!! - Sydney, AU

I have always hated my ears and have wanted to get...

I have always hated my ears and have wanted to get them pinned for a very long time. I avoided wearing my hair up especially for special occasions as I didn't want to be photographed at weddings or parties with my awful ears. Most people didn't think they were "that bad" but to me they were always on my mind. I had given up the idea of having them pinned because it was too expensive however thanks to this new method the cost is very low compared to the old surgical way. I had my ears pinned 6 days ago by Dr Buddy Beaini at Cosmedical Solutions in Sydney Australia. I flew from Queensland to have it done so had my consult over email. I sent in some photos and was told I was suitable. On the day I turned up at 11:30 and was asked to fill in some forms. Then I was placed in a small room like in a beauty salon, and had before photos taken. I put on a nice robe over my clothes and some gel was put in my hair and a hair wrap to keep the hair away from my ears. I was given an antibiotic and a Valium to calm me. I was nervous about the results but not the actual procedure, but thought, "hey, why not" so I took the Valium. LOL. I was then taken to Dr Buddy and he is the nicest man. He asked me many questions about how I found him and we discussed my expectations. I had seen some people with their ears plastered to their heads and I didn't want my auricle so sticking out realy far, and he said that some people DO want it like that, but that he didn't like it personally, and that he and I would decided during the procedure at what point my ears would sit. I was comforted by his bedside manner and felt relaxed and ready to go. He gave me local anaesthetic and this hurt a bit but not too bad. Then the first ear was done in about 20 mins. The second ear was the same. All went very well. He allowed me to look with a large mirror and we discussed the position as we went along. It was great. We had plenty of time to chat about other things and he was friendly, kind, professional and lovely. The kind of man you could easily sit with and have a friendly conversation with and be totally at ease, not feeling intimidated at all because he is a Dr. I really enjoyed our chat AND I left with great ears too, so it was fantastic. I cannot recommend this Dr highly enough and my results are excellent.

One week later.

Thought I'd gVe an account of the pain levels etc.
day 1. No pain after procedure due to local aesthetics. Took panadol and neurophen as I'm allergic to codeine. Could tell when it wore off!!
Day 2. Same as day one. If I forgot to take pain meds my ears reminded me. Very sore to touch. Ears a little puffy and red. Blood still dried on ears. Ears quite black.
Day 3. I forgot to mention that it's impossible to sleep. Argh! I showered today. Wet my ears. Felt scary but good. The pressure of shower water was painful. Still taking drugs.
Day 4. Itchy! Soooo itchy. Using antibiotic cream. Stopped taking oral antibiotics as they are making me sick in tummy and I am trying to enjoy holiday. Still very sore to touch even lightly. Can't sleep well!
Day 5. Stopped taking meds. Still sore but not pain. Am using travel pillow laying flat in bed to sleep. Why didn't I think of this day 1???
Soooo itchy.
Day 6. Itchy!!! Sleeping better.
Day 7. When pushing ear onto head gently with palm of hand. Not painful. When pulling ear out away from head ouch!! I wear glasses and putting on and off hurts if I'm not careful.
Day 8. Itchy!!!
Day 9. Noticed ears are relaxing a little and have stuck out slightly. I'm concerned but they still look great.
Day 10. After shower whilst applying antibiotic cream with ear bud the glue fell off. I had forgotten about the glue. They look heaps better with it gone.

Medicare rebate.

I finally got around to getting my $600 Medicare rebate. Except I only got $390.
Very disappointed. Will contact the surgery as they told me in writing that you get $600 back.

Three week update.

Ears still hard to sleep on. Still using donut travel cushion. Ears hurt when bumped (usually by someone leaning in you greet you, air kiss!)
Still happy with them.
Incredibly itchy.
Sometimes a little weepy in the mornings. A small crust appears on them which when wiped off with cotton tip produces a small spot of pus? Not red or inflamed tho. So all good.

5 weeks post procedure.

Still itchy. Still sore, especially when bumped. People going in for the hug/air kiss are terrifying! Sleeping ok. Still not healed. Body might be trying to reject permanent stitches (according to my GP)
Dr buddy beaini

As I said Dr Beaini is amazing. Just a very nice guy. Chatty, easygoing, professional without being arrogant (as some professionals can be). He's down to earth and kind. I have given three stars for email becuase there was some confusion during my emailing and so on, but this was apologised for and caused little drama. As I travelled interstate for my procedure it was tricky getting a appointment on a day where I could get cheap flights, this took a bit to organise and I did get a bit frustrated at times when emailing and phoning, but all in all it was ok. The staff that spoke to me upon my arrival were a little ambivalent, but perhaps that was just in comparison to the high level of excitement that I was feeling... 40 yrs of waiting and the day had come... I sort of expected a bit of a fuss... But Dr Beaini made up for that... He was fabulous.