Looking Forward to Ptosis Surgery

I've been interested in improving my asymmetric...

I've been interested in improving my asymmetric eyes for some time now. I wasn't really sure how to proceed because I got all sorts of opinions from different doctors which totally confused me, such as skin removal from one or two sides, levator ptosis repair, addition of fat grafting, and anchor blepharoplasty. In the end I went to see Dr Tsirbus in my home country after he was recommended by two well known doctors in LA who I consulted with (Guy Massry and Michael Groth).

I'm glad I consulted with Dr Tsirbas because this was the first time I was recommended ptosis surgery to lift my eyelids. I got to see the effect of the surgery by putting in drops and then comparing my photos. I think my eyes look bigger and more alert, and it reduces my high eyelid crease. It won't fix the asymmetry problem but it will be a nice improvement and I can always attempt to fix that later on... I'm feeling pretty confident about the surgery so hopefully all goes well next week.

Smooth experience

I had my surgery about 5 days ago at Macquarie University Hospital. It was a very nice and stress free experience. The nurses were all very friendly and professional, and I was able to chose the level of sedation. I chose to be fully asleep (!). Dr Tsirbus did a small scar revision at the same time and he let me draw on exactly what I wanted about 3 times without getting annoyed or rushing me, which is more than I can say for a lot of doctors trust me on that. After I woke up I had swelling and blood stained tears, but overall I didn't find the recovery very painful. I took panadol one time. Very smooth experience. I am a little worried one eyelid is higher than the other by 1mm, but Dr Tsirbus said it looks good and it's best to assess that in a couple on months when the swelling is gone. As long as solutions can be offered in the case of asymmetry then I'm not worried.

Healing well

My eyes seem to be healing very well and they might be symmetrical afterall. I won't make a final call on that until some more time has passed. The stitching from the scar revision (eyebrow) is very neat, I think I will ask him to do another small scar revision where I had a mole removed, as I think he may be able to improve it. I will ask at my next appointment.

Before and after

Ok here's a before and after photo for you guys. It looks heaps better. :)
Sydney Oculoplastic Surgeon

Professional. Happy with ptosis surgery and scar revision (scar looks very neat)