37 Years Old, 3 Kids, Much Needed Tummy Tuck but Ended Up Doing a Full Body Lift!

After stalking others on real self, I thought I...

After stalking others on real self, I thought I may share my experience belatedly for all the Australian ladies considering surgery.

I first decided I needed a tummy tuck right after my first son was born, I hated the way my tummy hung loose at the front and the muffin top you get when wearing pants. I admit, I became addicted to spanx!

2 more kids and 5 years later I managed to gain 20kg from my pre baby weight. I started eating right and joined a gym with a PT and lost 25kg.
While my body was the best it's ever been, my tummy skin hung horribly around my middle.
I researched and had appointments with several prominent Sydney surgeons, and ultimately decided on Dr Steve Merton.
He was different from the others, I didn't feel like I was just another patient ready to write him a cheque!
He discussed numerous options with me, gave me his recommendations of a tummy tuck, I never felt rushed or pressured, and he was more than happy to answer any questions.

I ended up deciding to do a full body lift, I really wasn't happy with the skin that hangs over on the side, so only way to get the look I was after was to go all around, I figured, it was going to hurt anyway and I'm only doing this once, so I may as well!

I was very anxious on the lead up to the surgery, it so much for the surgery itself, but how I would handle my 3 kids at home. But as life does, the surgery day came and went quickly, and I'm 10 days post op.

I was very surprised at how little the incision area hurts! Never having surgery before I expected much much worse.
It was a 6.5 hour operation and I ended up with 2 drains and a pain buster for where they stitched up my abdominal muscles.
The next day I was stiff and hunched over, Dr Merton came to check and removed my binder, I was totally amazed by how great I looked. No bruising, a bit of swelling, and a very straight and neat incision line. I managed to snap a photo while I was lying there, much to the Drs amusement.
Next few days I had very low blood pressure so I spent most of the time lying with my feet up, day 3 I had a shower and took another photo, a lot more swollen but still no bruising.
Walking is really funny at first, your all hunched over and stiff, but still very little pain!
Only time I get pain is sleeping, as the incision is all the way around, it gets very sore lying on it, but by day 4 I managed to lie on my side, and sleeping became easier.

The hospital I was at was amazing, I stayed 5 nights, and was very confident to go home.

Now at day 11, sleeping is much easier, I'm walking straighter but slowly, and looking forward to Wednesday when they replace my tape and I can see the scar upclose.

2 Weeks post op

Went to my 2 week post op today, and had the tape removed, it looks amazing! No bruising, minimal swelling, and the incision is very narrow and is very even from side to side.
Really happy so far!