35 Years Old, 5 Years of Anatomical Implants, Removal in January 2017

In November 2011, 30 years old, I got anatomical...

In November 2011, 30 years old, I got anatomical silicone implants, 290/310cc, and went from not even an A-cup to somewhere around D-DD. Not because the implants are really that big, but they ended up being very firm. Hard, almost, and fitting them comfortably and well into a bra is not easy... (And everytime I go to hug someone I feel like they'll bounce off my boobs. Not great.)

They have healed well, I have no complications, and aesthetically they're a success, but they're too hard to be comfortable. Probably a combination of the implants being firm, and my breast tissue being very firm too. Which is probably why they haven't changed at all since they healed.

I had no expectations for them to feel exactly "real", but I had hoped for something with at least some natural feel to them. And 5 years later, they don't feel at all like mine. They're constantly on my mind, and I don't feel comfortable with them, ever. They're just there, and always "a thing", and I'm so sick of it.

I'm sure they will end up sad little skin bags, considering how little breast tissue I had before, and since they are sub glandular, but I'm starting to think that I really, really don't care... I've been trying to find pictures and stories from people with before-boobs similar to mine, but it's not been easy.

Art Clinic, the place where I had my first surgery, was really great, with nice, kind, professional staff, and I think my surgeon after all did a great job, so I will first of all try to book a consultation back with them, to talk about having an explant. And going back to being me again.

Consultation booked

After talking with my mom (that always helps me make important decisions) I feel more secure going forward with explant.

Even though I have no complications from the BA, I have other health issues, and I feel like having these things in my body is a stress on me, both physically and mentally, and I just want to take anything extra off my mind.

So I called today and booked an appointment for November 28, and until then I'm going to think of all the questions I need to ask.

What I have so far is about general or local anaesthetic, and what they use. If there is a "rule".
And I feel like if there is any way, I want to keep the capsules intact. That seems to make the surgery less invasive, and I'd get to keep what little tissue I do have. So I hope that can work out.

Is there anything else you guys think I should definitely ask?

(And thank you for being here and such a great support!)

Surgery date booked!

Consultation on November 28 went well. Surgeon agreed that whiloe my boobs look good, they are harder than they should ideally be. She suggested trying with smaller and softer impants, but I've already decided I'm done with this part of my life. I just want them out and to heal and carry on without having this on my mind.

We decided on general anaesthetic, which feels good to me. And as a rule they never touch the capsule, just open the old scars and get the implants out. Which is exactly what I want.

Now I just have to wait for a little more than a month, which I know will be quick but feels like ages when I just want it DONE. Need to figure out all the practical details of getting to and from the clinic and so on, but I'm feeling good about my decision.