34 yr Old and Finally Arm Lipo! Atlanta, GA

I've had larger than normal upper arms ALL my life...

I've had larger than normal upper arms ALL my life. Getting Lipo has been in my plans for years. I've been on RS for a long time and haven't seen many positive results for lipo of the upper arms. That's made the search for a doctor very scary. I've seen 4 doctors-2 Cosmetic surgeons and 2 Plastic Surgeons. I've decided to go with Dr. Alderman @ The Swan Center. My surgery date is 8/25 and I'm excited and terrified at the same time. Will keep you updated

Before Pics

These arms have been with me a LONG time.

9 days away..

I think I'm going to ban myself from Google! I'm giving myself pure anxiety. My PS prefers to perform the procedure under General Anesthesia. I've been put under 3 times in the past for surgery, so I'm not sure why I'm so nervous about it. I'm working on gathering items for recovery and getting my house in order. I will try to plan some crockpot meals for the following week just in case I can't move my arms. My pre-op Appointment is Thursday.

More Before Pics

Pre-Op is today. Went last night to get blood drawn for surgery. "Enjoying" these Turkey Legs for one last week :-)

I'm not that big..

My arms make me look 100lbs heavier than I really am. I'm 4'9 and 1561lbs so yea I'm overweight but the extra fat I carry in my arms make me look deformed.

Compression Garments

Order a few options for Arm Compression garments. Not sure of what size to get so I bought a few options and boy are they tight! 3 more days ????

Sooo...

Clearly I need to stay off Google and RS for the next 24 hours. I've seen enough Before and Afters to last a lifetime. I'm realistic enough to be okay with proportionate arms and minimal skin laxity.

It did it!

My surgery was yesterday around 1:00. It went smoothly woke up in some pain and was given something by IV before I left. So far I've kept my arms elevated and take Pain meds every four hours. I have on ace bandages from my shoulders to wrists. I can take a shower tomorrow and I will take a quick picture to post. ????

Couldn't wait to see

I wan rearranging my Ace bandages and couldn't wait to take a peek! I tried on one of the compression garments and its feels SO much better. Happy with what I see so far..I'm almost in tears because THESE are the arms I was suppose to have my entire life! I have not drained at all and swelling has not set in yet. Will have my sister rewrap the Ace bandages when she gets here. EXCITED!

Here's the Fat

1600 cc's at that!

Post Op Tomorrow

Swelling has not been too bad. I accidentally slept on my left arm last night and woke up with a swollen hand. The pain is worst in the morning and before bed. It's most painful if I'm touched or bump against something. I've been "illegally" wearing the compression garments more than the ace bandages I was given. They feel better and provide a smoother compress. She removed some far from my back bra roll so the Ace does not give me compression there. I'm taking both of them with me tomorrow so I can get approval to start wearing them full time.

Doing the most too soon..

Today the swelling in my arms was VERY uncomfortable. I can tell when I have not been elevating enough or drinking water because they start to ache. I also had a few no-no high salt foods. One of my incisions near my elbow is looking a little raised and irritated. I added a little Triple Antibiotic and changed the micropore tape. They now look almost the size they were pre surgery. I'm not concerned because I have a picture of the fat to prove it's gone..lol. The Nike Pro Shirts I ordered came in today. Looking forward to some cool weather so I can wear them. Will add progress pics later on this weekend.

This stuff..

I picked this up at Target prior to surgery. I'm massaging it in before bed and when I wake up. It's wonderful! It temporarily eases the pain in my arms. I'm starting to feel some small lumps in both arms but none of them are painful. I'm going to rest my arms as much as I can this weekend because I'm traveling for work next week. So far so good..can't wait until the swelling goes down!

10 Day Post Op Before/After

Here's my arms today. They are sore to the touch and I'm starting to get some hardening near my underarms. My range of motion is decent, I'm going to continue to do light stretching until I get the green-light to resume exercising.

Swelling :-(

I feel awesome in the morning but come 5:00 pm my arms are aching and swollen. I found this cute massager at Marshalls, it hurts but made me feel better. I'm now using ice as well.

17 Days PO Before And After

I'm feeling myself.. :-)

Yesterday made 3 weeks. The swelling is still here but manageable. Working on massaging the lumps and hard spot under my right arm a couple of times a day. BUT when I tell you that I'm feeling like a new person is an understatement!! People have already started to comment on how much smaller I look. I should have done this years ago!

2 months PO

Just checking in! Here's my progress so far. My arms feel much better (still numb to the touch in treatment area. They still swell near the end of the day. Overall I'm very happy with my results ????

Before and After Arm Lipo!

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

After 5 mins into meeting with Dr. Alderman I KNEW she was the right doctor to perform my long awaited prodcedure. She was very warm and has a beautiful spirit. She was upfront and honest about my options and her recommendations. The staff at The Swan Center were consistently pleasant and efficient. They paid attention to the smallest details and made sure I was well informed every step of the way. My surgery was a breeze with Nurse Kendall and my wonderful anesthesiologist by my side. I'm excited about early results so far.