Voluma After Laser Treatments - Sumter, SC

I had substantial fat loss in my face after 3...

I had substantial fat loss in my face after 3 rounds of laser treatment for moderate to severe acne scarring. I looked deflated and was very unhappy with my atrophied face. I had gone to a medical spa for voluma injections around Christmas time and it was placed in all the wrong places on my face. I looked even more hawkish once she was finished... In my state of panic, I found Dr. Gary Culbertson. He was the best! He let me come in for 2 consults (for the price of one) to give me time to think though my options and decide what to do. He injected me with 2 ccs of Voluma today and showed me how I looked in the mirror after each section to get my opinion on how I looked. He was an amazing listener and looked at my pre-laser pictures with me for an entire consultation to hear exactly what I wanted. Needless to say, I am thrilled with the results so far! I am very bruised (I have low pain tolerance so my blood pressure was skyrocketing and I bled a lot) but I am filled in all the right areas! I have a follow-up appointment in about two weeks. I can't wait to see how good it looks once the bruising is gone and my swelling has dissipated! I think it's safe to say that Dr. Culbertson saved my face! :) I look like me again... With fewer acne scars, too!!!

Next day

I am definitely more swollen today, my husband even noticed. I am also a lot more bruised and it is a little difficult to hide. Hopefully the swelling and bruising go away quickly! It was a little difficult to sleep last night because my face was sore and I woke up every time I rolled onto the side of my face.

So far, I am pretty pleased with it! I can't wait to see how it looks once my skin heals!

3 day post!

My swelling has almost completely subsided and my bruises are yellowing quickly! My face is also much less tender and I have been able to rub spots that look a little uneven like the Dr told me to do. I am VERY happy with my results! My acne scarring is SO MUCH less visible which was a great side effect from the filler. :) I could have probably used a teeny bit more to help with my smile lines around my mouth but am much improved! :)

Progress!

My bruises are fading fast and my face isn't sore anymore. :) I am so dang happy with how I look! It's been nice to not have to shy away from a camera all the time and feel more confident when I'm out with my husband. Wish I had done this sooner!!!

5ish months later...

I am still loving my fillers!!! I will definitely be going in next year to add a little more in some spots now that I've gotten a feel for what I like and want. I wish I had done this sooner! It would have helped with my confidence so much!!!! Make sure you pick a dr who listens to where you want your filler placed!! My dr listened so well and couldn't have injected it any better than he did! I hope he continues working for a long time!!!
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Culbertson was amazing! He was a great listener and truly an artist with the Voluma he injected!