34 Years Old, 3 Children - Tummy Tuck & Liposuction - Sumter, SC

Ever since I had my twins 6 years ago I have had...

Ever since I had my twins 6 years ago I have had excess fat in the stomach area that hangs and is very unattractive and uncomfortable. We always wanted another child so I decided a long time ago that if I was not able to get rid of the belly fat before getting pregnant with my last child that I would have a tummy tuck and liposuction afterwards. Well I finally had my last child and 6 months later I had a tummy tuck and liposuction on my abdomen, hips, lower back and thighs. All 3 children were born via C-section so in addition to the belly fat, I also had 2 C-section scars and a stretched out former belly button piercing hole.

I had my surgery on Tuesday, April 22, spent one night in the hospital and went back to work part-time at my desk job the following day. I was back to work full time the following Monday. The pain was very manageable and in my opinion not as bad as a C-section. My pain from my C-sections was very low making it very hard to get up and down whereas this pain was higher and it was much easier to get up and down. I was up out of bed on my own within a few hours after the surgery. The worst part was not being able to sleep in my bed when I got home. I slept in a recliner for the first 2 weeks as I could not get comfortable on my back in bed. I usually sleep on my side which also was not comfortable. I also had two drains for the first 4 days that I had to be careful of.

I am just about one month out and very satisfied so far. My hips are still pretty swollen, I have some excess fluid below my belly button and some pleating on my right hip that should go away with time. I am still not very comfortable without my binders on my abdomen as the sensation of my shirt touching my stomach is just weird so I'm still wearing the binders on my abdomen all of the time. I am only wearing the wraps on my thighs about half of the time at this point. I use ace bandage wraps in conjunction with hamstring braces and have found this to work well.

2 months post op

I still have a lot of swelling probably because of my level of activity. I am working out with a personal trainer 3x a week but not doing any direct ab exercises yet. I have been going without my binder some lately since it's summer and swim season but I noticeably swell and feel somewhat uncomfortable. I'm hoping the final results are closer to how I looked 4 days post op. My only complaint is how high my scar is but overall I'm still happy.

4 1/2 months post op

Things are going really well. I still have quite a bit of swelling in my mid section and on my right hip. I also still have pleating on my right hip that I'm starting to think will not go away on it's own. I am not wearing the binder garments anymore and haven't been for over a month. I am still unhappy with how high my scar is but pleased with my overall results.
Florence Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough about Dr. Hanz and his staff. They are very courteous and professional. From my research he is also much cheaper than the other doctor in town and performs just as good as if not better work. I highly recommend Dr. Hanz.