35 Years Old, Two Kids = One Tummy Tuck Needed - Summerville, SC

Here's the deal...I have big babies. It's just...

Here's the deal...I have big babies. It's just what I do. I'm relatively certain that my uterus might be draped in velvet because those big babies didn't want to vacate the uterus on their own. They had to be evicted via pitocin. I'm just gonna say it...My body used to be SMOKIN'! It really was. I was 19 when I had my first big baby, a girl who's now a sassy, awesome 16 year old. I was 98 lbs. before I got pregnant with her (I'm 5'5"), but I shot up to 178 lbs by the time she was evicted. This was partially due to the fact that I was gestationally diabetic when I was pregnant with her. Still, doctors didn't seem to worry too much about my weight gain. All that weight gain resulted in a jelly belly...And I'm not talkin' about the candy! I remember thinking that maybe that was normal and that perhaps it would just go away. Not a chance.

Over the course of the years I was able to get down to about 115 lbs again.....And then, SURPRISE, there was another tenant in my uterus. Having already been through this situation, and noting that I had issues with gestational diabetes I was far more careful with my nutrition during this pregnancy. As a result I only gained 50 lbs and welcomed a pretty fantastic individual into the world. I was able to lose the majority of the baby weight pretty quickly after my second daughter's eviction notice.

In the last five years I've been all over the place with my weight. There was a long period of time where I was extremely active and ate very clean. I had even thought about trying my hand at becoming a group fitness instructor. After going through the course requirement I was told by the instructor, in a rather bitchy way, that I lost points on my test because I "didn't look like a fitness instructor." Wow. That hurt. I knew it was because of my waist. I had been in the best shape of my life. I was strong, I was motivated, I was happy. That one comment tore me to bits. I burned out on fitness and nutrition pretty immediately at that point.

Since then I've been trying to find the balance that works for me with regard to fitness, nutrition and being the happiest I can be (which happens when I'm spending time with my family and doing things for them). I'm getting there. I like to run in the mornings before the sun comes up, blaring my music. I also love to have a bowl of pasta and some wine with my husband while we watch movies and crack jokes.

Getting back to the matter at hand...I love my life, I've tried some things that maybe didn't work out, I'll always be proudest of my accomplishments as a wife and mother than I ever will be with work accomplishments and I think I'm pretty rad....The ONLY thing I would change is my midsection. I've been wanting to change that for the last 16 years. Soon enough!

I'll be scheduling my surgery for next July (it's the only month that it will actually be feesible). My husband and my kids are amazing and super supportive. They love me. They just want me to finally be happy with the way I look. I admit I let it hinder me in a lot of different areas, but soon that will all just be a thing of the past.