36 Years Old, 3 Kids (1st Pregnancy Had Twins). Ready to Regain my Confidence - Sugar Land, TX

I'm super excited to finally be on this journey. I...

I'm super excited to finally be on this journey. I have been wanting a tummy tuck for years now. It's finally the right time in my life and I feel as though I've found the right Doctor as well. I'm realistic about the end product. I know that I will probably still have stretch marks but I'm excited about not having to wear girdles anymore. Let the countdown begin.

Pre-op appointment

So I just had my pre-op appointment and I'm super excited. I still can't believe that it's so close to the date. I've been wanting to get a tummy tuck for years now. I'm so overjoyed to be doing something for myself and putting myself first for a change. Dr. Bancroft is amazing. His excitement made me even more excited. Let the countdown begin!

Post-op day #2

I had my surgery done on Friday. My PS is awesome! I doesn't hurt as much as I anticipated. Just majorly sore. My stomach is really swollen. Can't wait to see the results.

Super swollen

I'm not in as much pain today. I just feel really sore. I'm super swollen so I'm excited to see what the finished project will look like when the swelling subsides.

Week 1

Week 1 was harder than expected. I have a high tolerance for pain so I thought my recovery would be easy peasy. Boy was I wrong. My pain at the incision area was only about a 1. What I didn't anticipate how uncomfortable I would feel with the swelling and the lower back pain from walking hunched over. Also, I have pre-existing stomach issues so I'm nauseous everyday and I vomit just about everyday. That's hell when I throw up because of the muscle repair. I'm usually not an emotional person and I found that I cried over the strangest things. For instance, I cried because my friend tucked me in for bed lol. I went to my 1 week appointment and I still have one drain left because it still has a bunch of output. Hopefully the last drain will be out before Friday of next week. Overall this week has been so so.

Week 2

Feeling nauseous and vomiting all week. Turns out it was a sensitivity from Bactrim. My PS changed me to a different antibiotic. No nausea so far. I still have one drain left. Hopefully it can come out by Wednesday. Abdomen less swollen this week but I'm still puffy. I'm not walking fully erect but I move around pretty well. Very pleased with my scar and how it is healing.

Week 3

It has truly been a journey. Surprisingly, the mental journey has been tougher than the physical journey. I'm a very independent person so it's hard for me to still have to ask people for help no matter how small. I thought by week 3 I would be back to my pre surgery self (wasn't thinking logically). I still have one drain left. It doesn't really bother me much but I'm ready for it to come out. Hopefully it will be able to be removed by Monday. Other than that, I'm progressing ok.

Drain removed!

Finally got my last drain out last week! Now I have been trying to take it easy. My lower abdomen has been swollen this week. But on the bright side, my scar is healing amazingly.
Texas Plastic Surgeon