33 Years Old, Loves Crossfit, 125lbs, 2 Kids, 400cc Silicone over Muscle - Suffolk, VA

I have wanted to have a breast augmentation for so...

I have wanted to have a breast augmentation for so long. After breast feeding two children, the second one for a year and deciding that we did not want any more children, I knew now was the time. I had two doctors in mind for having my procedure, Dr Grenga and a doctor in Costa Rica who would charge half the price and who had done the procedure on my two best friends. After meeting with Dr Grenga I knew that he was the best choice. His experience is well worth the extra money it would cost me. I knew that he would give me the best chance to have the results that I wanted. I met with him first to discuss the basics of what I was looking for but we did not get into too many specifics even though I was probably prepared enough to discuss them since I had done a ton of research on RealSelf and i knew what I wanted. A couple weeks later I had my consultation and we got into specifics. I told him that I do Crossfit and that it is a huge part of my life and that I wanted to make sure that whatever procedure I had would not impact me from eventually continuing my exercising. Because of this, we decided that over the muscle would have the least amount of impact on my workouts. He said I had enough breast tissue to do it over the muscle. He recommended silicone since I was going over the muscle and we selected 400cc. A couple days later I thought this might be too big and I told him that maybe 350cc would be better. The day of the surgery he brought 350cc, 375cc and 400cc. I told him that I trusted he knew what I wanted and I gave him the flexibility to make the decision during the surgery what would look best on me based on my wishes and would not hurt my workouts. When I woke up from the procedure I found out he did 400cc after he made a call to my husband letting him know he thought they would look amazing. My husband gave his blessing as well and he put in 400cc. My husband has been very involved and very supportive and I am so happy Dr Grenga made this phone call. I am so happy with the immediate results and I can't wait to watch them settle and soften with time.

Wish boobs

These are the examples I showed Dr Grenga during our consultation. Model Arianny Celeste who I think is beautiful with great boobs :)

Day 1 and 2 after surgery

I had debated posting any review as this surgery is so personal but I really appreciated all the advice and help I received from others who posted their story so I wanted to do the same. I was surprised at how easy the recovery has been so far. I took Arnica Montana ahead of the surgery and I'm to sure if that helped or not but my bruising is minimal. Mainly I feel the pressure of the implants and that makes me uncomfortable but the pain is not bad at all. I think going over the muscle also makes the recovery easier. I can't wait to get back into the gym but I will listen to the doctor as to what I can do at each step. Until my follow up he just told me to rest but to get up regularly to walk briefly. I am so happy with the results up to this point. I wonder if they will get much bigger as they settle? I love them now and I am happy that they put in 400cc instead of the 350 and 375 that he brought into surgery as options.

Stats

125 lbs
5' 0"
Was: small 34B
33 Y.O.
2 kids

Implant: Mentor smooth high profile 400cc
Incision under breast
Implant placed over the muscle

First post op appt, exercising and new pics

I had my follow up with Dr Grenga and I asked him a little bit about what I can and cannot do. Starting next week, so about 10 days post surgery I can start walking on the treadmill and he also says I can use up to 3 lb hand weights. Before my surgery I was deadlifting 235 lbs and squatted 190 lbs so there is no way I am going to be playing around with 3 lb weights. I will just wait a little longer until I can do more. I do plan on starting going to the gym to walk on the treadmill so I don't get out of the habit of working out. Before my surgery I went 6 days a week. I had looked around for people who did Crossfit and their experiences post surgery and had trouble finding anything so I will try to post updates that focus on my experiences getting back to working out post surgery.

Updated pics

Sorry, pics did not load with my last update so here they are

Photo update

Finally it is letting me upload these

10 days

I am so happy that I did this. My boobs are starting to feel softer, the pressure is less and I am really happy with the size I selected. As long as I can still do my Crossfit like before this will be a perfect outcome in my opinion but it will be a few more weeks before I find out how it impacts me at the gym. This week I am going to start going again to the gym but I am just going to walk on the treadmill as allowed by my doctor.

2 weeks

Today marked two weeks since my surgery. I think to myself that I wish I had done this earlier but I wanted to finish having kids and be able to afford the surgery without going into debt. I have gone to the gym as allowed and walked 2 miles on the treadmill at 2 mph with a little incline. What a drag as I watch my husband and friends doing the WOD. All in time I tell myself. I love the size still and would be happy if they stayed like this forever but I know they will soften and settle and I am sure I will still love them just as much. I bought a wireless sports bra from Victoria's Secret that I use when I go to the gym but I leave my surgical bra on all day otherwise. The sports bra is a 34DD, I tried 34D and it was too small. Do you think that I will stay a 34DD, or end up bigger or a little smaller in the end? What is the norm? I don't know.

Can't wait until bikini season

I got my first new bikini to fit my new boobs. Victoria's Secret DD top. I had so many cute bathing suits before that I know I will never fit again, but I'm not sad. I just wanted to get one now to see what I will look like in a bikini and will get some more at month 3 or 4 when they start to settle into place. I wasn't sure how the 400cc would look but I am really happy with them. I love how I look naked and with clothes that cover them but today was the first time I put on a bathing suit. It's crazy how you can be nervous about each outfit and wondering how you will look. I feel great, no pain only a little bit sore at the incision site at night sometimes. Next week I will get my first look at my incision. I am really happy about going over the muscle because my recovery has been so easy and I haven't seen anything with the results that would make me wish we went under.

3 week update

Today marks 3 weeks since my surgery. Tomorrow is my check up and I hope that I will finally get to see how my incision is healing. I love the way they look but I still don't feel like they are a part of my body. I hope that improves with time. I love how they look in clothes and I am happy with the 400cc size. I've had a little bit of pain at night but nothing I can't handle without any medicine. I have still just been walking at the gym, I walk at 3 mph with an incline and make sure my heart rate doesn't get high. Hopefully Dr Grenga will let me do a little more activity soon but I won't push him. I'll let everyone know tomorrow how my check up goes.

3 week check up

Today I had my 3 week check up with Dr Grenga. The first thing I would like to say is that I love how much time I get with him. I have read other women say that after their surgery they only saw the nurse for their check ups but I see Dr Grenga during each follow up appointment. He answers all my questions and explains where I am at in my recovery.

Today I got some great news, I can begin all activities. He told me to ease into my workouts but as long as I avoid any risk of trauma I am good to go. Since I did over the muscle I have much less to worry about and less risk to displace the implant. I am clear to start jogging, I already tried push-ups and can do them without any problems (it does feel different though). So next Monday I am going to be back in my classes, I will modify everywhere I need to but it will feel great to get the adrenaline pumping again.

My incisions look good and he told me it is fine to start using silicone sheeting like scar away to help speed up the healing.

First day back at Crossfit

Yeah! Today was my first day back doing Crossfit! On the workout was Pull Ups, Box Jumps, Thrusters and a run. I used the rubber bands to assist me with my pull ups but was able to do them without any pain. Sure, things felt a little weird but after reading how long it takes to do pull ups with an under the muscle breast augmentation, I am happy I went over the muscle. I think I could have done one or two pull ups without any assistance if I had tried. For the box jumps I modified with Box step ups instead because I don't want my new boobs bouncing yet. The thrusters were fine and I did just the 35 lbs bar with no issues. Thrusters is a squat then pushing the bar over your head as you come up. No pain and just felt a little weird but as the workout progressed the weirdness diminished. The run was also without incident. I was worried that my arms would rub the sides of my boobs when I run now but that didn't happen. Running felt fine. I am so happy so far with the results. I was worried they would hurt my workouts and doing the Spartan and obstacle course races that I do but just going from today's workout I am sure I will be able to continue 100% within a few months.

Day 27

Did my second workout today and I feel great at the gym. I get a ton of compliments on my new additions and I am really happy with the size as it doesn't seem to impact my movements too much. Loving the subglandular, over the muscle placement. I'm still waiting for them to settle some but I know that sometimes it takes months not weeks. 400 cc seemed like a lot but I wanted to make sure I didn't regret not going big enough and I am really happy with Dr Grenga's recommendation.

1 month update

Today marked one month since my surgery. I am so happy with everything. Number one is I am so happy I picked Dr Grenga. He has so much experience plus I had so much time with him to discuss the plan and also after surgery to track my progress and recovery. I am happy that it is him, not a nurse that I talk to each time. Even though Dr Grenga's nurses and assistants are awesome.

I did 400cc silicone over the muscle. I went over the muscle because I do Crossfit and was afraid over the weird things boobs do when implants are placed under the muscle. I read one doctor describe it as looking like little puppies fighting under your shirt when you do chest exercises. That description freaked me out. Anyway, I am already back to my workouts, modifying where I need to but already back at it. Yeah!!!!

I love how they look naked and with clothes. Today I wore a cute Bebe top and loved how they looked.

My only thing not great is they still don't feel like a part of my body. I am waiting for them to feel more like a part of me and not some foreign objects. In time I hope.

5 week photo update

Workout update

Have I said enough that I am so happy my doctor recommended subglandular (over the muscle) implants? Well, I am so happy. I am nearly completely back doing my Crossfit workouts and the only thing I have to modify is jumping because it feels weird still. Push ups, pull ups all feel fine, running full speed is fine too. I am back to mostly full strength on my squats again, 195 lbs back squats. When working out is such an important part of my life I didn't want to be out of the gym for so long and going subglandular allowed me to jump back in with little time off and no weird distortion like going under the muscle.

Photo update

Loving my new body look

From the first meeting I knew that Dr Grenga would be the doctor I could trust to perform my breast augmentation. His experience is what sets him apart. He has been doing this for 30 years and I know he would be able to handle anything that could come up during surgery. I am so happy that I picked him. His knowledge and understanding my goals paired with his expertise helped set a great procedure in motion. He listened and suggested when asked.