Just Turned 54 and Don't Want to Grow Old Gracefully. Sudbury, ON

I'm hoping to have my neck back and no jowls. Also...

I'm hoping to have my neck back and no jowls. Also having fat grafting to replace loss of volume. I spent too much time in the sun and between that and menopause and stressful life style I need to do what I can now before I look any worst. So I'm having a lower face and neck lift and full face fat grafting.

Does anyone know if it is ok to take Vitamin C, Arnica, Bromelain before surgery?

The days seem to be flying by and my date is getting closer. I want to first thank all the lovely ladies and men for all their stories and before and after pictures it has really helped me prepare. I just order the Auriga auriderm xo oxide cream that another lady here is using and said it made a real difference in her bruising and swelling. I too ordered it on Ebay, I was trying to find her name but can't right now will continue to look so I can give her the credit. So I was wondering if I can get any advice on taking vitamin C, arnica and bromelain before surgery. Also if any ladies have any suggestions on on to take pictures to post when alone that would be great. I will try to post some before pictures even though I'm a very private person. Nobody ever sees me without makeup.

The Countdown Begins

I don't think I've ever spent so much time in front of the computer as I have the last few weeks. I'm so grateful for all the ladies on here that have shared their journey while going through this major life changing experience. That is the way I feel about going through this, once in a lifetime.

Everyone has been so nice and I feel the passion and emotions as if the person is sitting across from me. I hope that doesn't sound too silly. I never reached out here when I had my TT or my BA because I was so nervous about anybody finding out what I was having done. I believe I'm all ready to go but I still like some of you have those fears of something going wrong. I will be driving my car, if they ever get it fixed, on Halloween and have surgery the following day. I am going to try now to put up some before pictures, yuck! so everyone here can see what is bothering me and then the daily pictures after. Good luck to all the men in women that have chosen to have PS it is definitely a personal choice.

The Dreaded before pictures :(

Here are a few pictures of before, I thought I would do this now while I have the courage. I will be posting after my FL, NL and Fat grafting after Nov 1st, my big day!

Just a few days to go

I got my call today that I'll be the first surgery of the day! 7:30am I am glad since not having coffee, water, food for too long after I awake would be horrible. I'll be arriving in Sudbury the night before. So today I bought more supplies from Walmart like Slim Fast, Gravol (already had it/forgot), Mederma Scar Cream, straws. Then I came home unpacked and repacked with way less clothing, you would think I was going away for a week. I'll be hopefully coming back on the 2nd day after. I packed a DVD/CD player so I can play my Mozart at night in the hopes that it will relax me. I have packed my all my vitamins and medications and books, paper, ziplock bags (for peas),camera (can't forget that), laptop, mini ipad just in case, hair clips, bobby pins, toothbrush (baby), shampoo, pictures of my dog oh and husband (I know I'm silly), reading glasses, organic steel oats, 4 puddings, special mug with straw, pineapple juice and I still have to pack the pasta sauce etc. for my friend with the ice packs, water, organic blue berries, blender, special neck pillow....geez did I forget anything. If I didn't mention my car died and I finally got my car out of the garage, yea! almost $2,000.00 later, boo,hoo. I was worried about that one. So if I forgot anything please let me know, I'm really starting to get nervous,anxious,excited,scared...yep that about covers it. I'll make sure my girlfriend proof reads what I put on here due to the fact that certain meds and typing might not go good together. I've been trying to put some more pictures up but can't choose.

No more stressing about the big day, I have Survived!!

First I'd like to thank all the women that shared their pictures and stories and now I'm putting up my PO pictures. Not too pretty yet, thats for sure. Dr. Barr is amazing and all the nurses, and my friend that is here with me is helping me. I haven't had to call a nurse we have everything under control. Sorry I was a day late just got the headgear off.

Feeling Great and Blessed to have met Dr. Barr

Well after a 4/4.5 hr drive home I'm here, whew! All I can say is I hate being a passenger. I feel really good. I'm still taking the occasional pain med to help me sleep or if I start feeling too uncomfortable. I took a nice shower and washed my hair last night, only took a bath yesterday too afraid to wash my hair. I woke up from surgery and was happy that Dr. Barr did take the fat from my inner thighs, ya! There is no pain or stitches there, great! My friend came to get me at approx. 2 hrs after my 4. 4.5hr surgery. I woke up starving as usual and not sick AT ALL, never am. I got to the hotel room and started eating frozen yogurt, organic chicken soup, slimfast, water and tons of pineapple juice. My nurse/friend kept track of my meds and made sure I slept sitting up...I have difficulty sleeping maybe one hour here and there. Feel pretty good. My husband came to pick me up on day 2 after surgery. I'm posting a few pics from getting my drain out and up to and including today.

I'm far from looking natural

I think, I know I'm over filled and not with joy, uggh!, I feel like calling my P.S, now and yesterday my ears are super hot and weird (which I expected) but BUT my face my cheek bones.....I can see and feel my cheeks (bone area) when I am not looking in the mirror they are so swollen. I can actually see my cheek on my face, (NO MIRROR) My face is shaped like a V and from temple to temple it is like a step....shelf. It is hard to explain except you'd understand if you looked at me at any angle now. I've been icing LOTS and taking Arnica and Bromelain and pineapple juice, water....I'm trying to do everything right. I do love my neck and no jowls but I think I should have stuck with no fat grafting. I'm seeing the PS on Nov. 11 which is 10 days after PS. I'm not sure if I should call the doc? Does anyone know how long they had an alien face for? I'm trying not to cry and make it any worst!

First time I put a little makeup on and tried to do my hair

I had to post a picture of how far I've come in just a few days. I always feel better after putting a little makeup on and doing my hair. So this is from I think 2 days ago. I will post more pictures in the near future.
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

I have a great respect for Dr. Barr and his staff, they are very professional but still friendly. The facility is very clean and has many rooms for your privacy. I always have all my questions answered either in person/phone or email. I feel like a person and never feel rushed to make any decisions and always get a direct call from Dr. Barr post op on how I'm feeling or if I have any questions. This man has a great reputation for the work he does (I've met other clients/referred a few) and everyone I have spoke to considers him an artist. I love how he has changed my life. I would definitely recommend Dr. Barr for any procedure you may be considering having done.