Awful Experience - Barrington, IL

I had multiple procedures performed by Dr. Burke,...

I had multiple procedures performed by Dr. Burke, including a breast reduction/lift, a tummy tuck and extensive liposuction. The surgery was an 8 hour ordeal, especially at my age, 65. I waited for several months to post this review because I wanted to see the final results. Now, 4 1/2 months later I can honestly say I am very disappointed. I didn't expect miracles but my breasts are barely any smaller and they were not lifted enough. I still have pain from my tummy tuck and the lipo, especially on my thighs, left divots and fat pockets. The contours are not smooth and it looks like she missed certain areas altogether. What's even worse than the surgical results, however, is the way Dr. Burke treated me. Her bedside manner was absolutely awful. She was short, impatient and totally lacking in compassion. I had her paged one evening at 9pm several days after surgery and when she returned the call she coldly stated, "This is Dr. Burke returning your "emergent" phone call as if to suggest that this had better darn well be an emergency. I explained to her that I was alone, in a lot of pain and scared. She seemed very annoyed with me and told me I was fine. I said, "I guess I just needed some reassurance" to which she tersely replied, "If all my patients called me at 9 pm for reassurance I'd have no family life". Honestly, I felt traumatized by her responses to me and totally uncared for as a human being. I guess now that she had my money and had done the surgery she was done. It makes her look like she is in her career for the money and prestige, not out of a genuine care for her patients. She really needs to learn to be compassionate. I was so upset I couldn't return to her even for after care. Overall, it was a really bad experience.
Barrington Plastic Surgeon