34, 3 Kids, Rollercoaster Weight Loss, Breast in the Way.

I started budding at 10. I went from bee stings to...

I started budding at 10. I went from bee stings to a full C to a D by 14. I had my first child at 16. My breast seemed larger than life. And growing growing growing. At around 26yrs old I seen a dr about back pain. After being told that a reduction wasn't necessary and weight loss would fix the problem, I Lost weight from 238 to 170 but didn't lose breast. I've been unable to exercise due to neck and back pain. I was Discouraged and self conscious.. I've gained some weight back. And after having my 3rd child I decided to try again for a reduction. I am tired of the pain and rashes and chaffing. Being self conscious in clothes. And my breast always being the topic of conversation.

I am 34. And haven't spoken to anyone about a reduction in years. Losing weight didn't help and reading that my insurance never covers reductions kept me at bay. After having my 3rd child in August, I mentioned a reduction to my Dr. And she sent me out for X-rays and my first consultation in sept.

On sept 19. I went and met with the dr. Got measured. Took photos. Did the rundown. He told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they heard back from my insurance. It was a long wait of hearing nothing. I didn't want to get too excited or expect anything. One day (2 weeks ago) I randomly decided to call the office only to find out that I was approved and would be scheduled December 6 2016. I am still in shock. I want to be happy. But I am so nervous that something will happen to keep me from this. I've only got 8 more days and I have still kept myself from rejoicing.
So many years I have dreamed of this and needed this and never thought I would ever come close to getting this procedure. Even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I am so grateful. I've never been able to explain to my friends and family just how unhappy having these breast have made me.
I feel like in my life having these breast have kept me from being me. Never wanting attention to be directly on my chest I've always held myself back. And I feel so happy to have found this website and read so many stories of women who have felt the same. Reading all the post op reviews and being so happy for everyone. This is a dream come true for me. And I can't wait to share the results with you all.

Can't sleep

Sitting up reading all of these reviews. Making notes... Things to ask my dr. Things that need to be done around the house. Things that I need to purchase. I'm excited.
One thing I'm a bit sad about.. I have a 4 month old. Not being able to hold her for a while is breaking my heart

Back to work?

I never see anyone speak on returning to work and how soon or easy or hard it was easing back onto the job. I work at a hospital. Night shift. I don't do anything too hard to handle and I anticipate going back after 2 weeks.

Boob burn

I'll be so glad when I don't have to go through this anymore

Downplayed happiness

Trying to explain to people why I'm so happy and excited to be getting my "boobs cut off" ... When they just don't get it. I can't explain the physical and emotional turmoil large breast have put me through. No I'm not scared. I'm not nervous about the procedure. I am over the top. Whoever created this site had such a good idea on their hands because it feels great to be able to express my excitement with people who get it! And I feel excited and genuine happiness when I read through these profiles. There's so much support and good will. This is the first time in 34 years.. Well since I've had breast that I have openly expressed the way I've felt about myself. I have been insecure... Uncomfortable.. Unhappy.. Possibly depressed. All because I've have large breast. That's hard to explain to ppl. Especially since women are spending loads of money to get breast. And here I've been dying to get rid of them.

Pre-op interview

Today the nurse called for my pre-op phone interview to update my medical file and give me all the run down and instructions for D Day. I've been fine all day. I just NOW opened my countdown app and seen 3 days Til.. And my heart skipped a beat... Could this be?? Dun dun dun!!! Nerves?!

Oh em gee!

So I work at a hospital. We have bed alarms for our fall risk patients and when those alarms go off you have to react fast. Which sometimes means running off at top speed to get to the patient before they get hurt. So ofc.. One of my patients in the very last room all the way down the hall sets off his bed alarm. And I had to run. I'm grabbing my breast to keep them from bouncing and throwing my badge and tracer tag off... well.. You guys know. So I get to the room and I got a big smile on my face. Im getting this patient back in bed and all I can think of about is TUESDAY!!

I can't sleep

I'm so thirsty. I'm so nervous. I cried a lil last night.

It's show time!

I can't believe this is about to happen

Waking up

I feel well enough to give a lil update on my day. I woke up got ready and went to surgery check in at 7:15. I was really nervous because since the day they told me I was approved I had in my mi
No that it was too good to be true and something would set me back and get in the way of having this done. So going to check in I was scared they would say there had been a mistake or that my copay would be an unbearable amount. Everything went through. My copay was 3.00. I got checked in yada yada. Went back to give a urine sample. Got my vitals done and my blood pressure was super high. I run a good bp so I was shocked to see how being nervous had stressed me. Dr. Price, who is very calm and informative... Came in and drew on me. Answered all my questions. Did a few light hearted jokes. He was very nice and approachable. I would suggest this dr. To anyone in this area looking to get a surgery done. Anyway.. After being marked I got on the bed. Got hooked up to IV and was given blood pressure meds. Something for nausea. And fluids. All through IV. A lot of the people who were gonna be helping Dr. Price came in and introduced themselves. After meeting the anesthesiologist. The nurse came in to give me something to "calm me down" in my IV. immediately I began to feel light headed and relaxed and a lil giggly. I said good by to my mom and they rolled me on down to the surgery room. Got me on the table... I remember the lights being bright and the nurse telling me to lay my arms out flat in T form. And next thing I know... I was waking up.

Woke up in recovery one. Passed all the tests to get to recovery 2. Coughing.. Breathing.. Vitals fine. I was soooo groggy and thirsty. They started me off with ice chips. I moved on to recovery 2. I went to the bathroom. I was so dizzy I was stumbling around. The nurses were helping me. Went back to my bed. Ate more ice chips. The nurse brought me apple sauce and apple juice. Then gave me a pill by mouth for pain.
So waking up.. I wasn't in too much pain. It wasn't so much painful as it was tight and uncomfortable. Matter of fact I haven't really felt any pain all day. It's the nausea that's got me. I'm not a pill taker and taking oxycodone always makes me sick.
I just kind of dozed off so I'm gonna cut this short and elaborate more on the pain and whatnot later.

So I work at a hospital. We have bed alarms for our fall risk patients and when those alarms go off you have to react fast. Which sometimes means running off at top speed to get to the patient before they get hurt. So ofc.. One of my patients in the very last room all the way down the hall sets off his bed alarm. And I d had to run. I'm grabbing my breast to keep them from bouncing and throwing my badge and tracer tag off... well.. You guys know. So I get to the room and I got a big smile on my face. Im getting this patient back in bed and all I can think of about is TUESDAY!!

Feeling great!

I was a little messed up and copied and pasted everything in my last post. Anyway I was gonna update on pain and what I'd experienced.

So when I woke up I didn't feel any pain pain. Only discomfort and groggyness. Dry throat. I'm still coughing up phlegm but nothing too serious. I decided to lay off the oxys for a minute to see how it goes through the night. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but veryyy low tolerance to nausea and that's all I'm feeling with the oxys.

The ride home was ok. I had a pillow. However I did have to vomit. And it was more than I'd expected. I'd only had ice chips, apple sauce, and apple juice. it filled up that little hospital cup and I had to pour it out the car to keep it from spilling all over me. I think my mom chose the bumpiest way home.

My surgery probably started at around 9:30.. Well that's the time I noticed on the clock as I was heading in the room before being sedated. I got home at after 3pm. I've been sleeping off and on. And feeling no pain. Been going to the bathroom just fine. Seems like I've been eating every hour. I've had soup.. I've had noodles. I ate some chips. Had some cookies. Had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I haven't vomited since the car ride home.

I've taken 1 oxycodone since I've been home. And that was about an hour after getting home.

I was told that I can shower Thursday. I'm scared so honestly I will probably just bed bathe myself real good. I don't know. I'll wait to see how I feel Thursday.

I haven't been lifting anything or moving around too much. I changed my babies diaper and that went fine.

Ok enough with that. Getting to the boobs!!
I honestly don't know what I feel. I'm still in shock I think. I keep walking past the mirror and it's so wild to me. I don't think this will really set in until I put on a shirt. (I've had on an unbuttoned flannel all day. )
My breast are so small. They have NEVER been small. I haven't looked at them yet.. A lil scared to take off the bra they gave me.
My breast do not feel swollen at all. I can tell they are boxey... But they are not tight or hard. I forgot to find out how much was taken out but I can tell I'm gonna be a small B. I asked to go as small as he could. He did some lipso on my sides under my arms. That's prob the most sore part. Earlier I felt a lil burning zap across my nipple.

It hasn't even been a whole 24 hours and I can already tell the difference in my neck and back. I'm even breathing and that's always been tough to do lying down. I can't wait to test these babies out lying flat on my back.
De.M

Dr. Price did an amazing job. He was very busy and still found time to answer my questions and make me feel good. Sent me home with minimal pain and swelling. I've been touched by an angel! Dr. Price is great and i recommend him to anyone in this area looking to get a procedure done.