Are my 7 Year Implants Really Making Me Sick?

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've never wrote a blog or review, but I feel very...

I've never wrote a blog or review, but I feel very passionate about this subject. I am 32, recently re-married and a mother of a 10 year old daughter. I had 400-420 cc Mentor augmentation under the muscle about 3 years after my daughter was born (around 2009). Before pregnancy I had very perky B-C cups. During pregnancy they grew to a D, but somehow stayed perky UNTIL after my milk came in. I did not breastfeed so in order to dry up I had to let my boobs engorge themselves with milk. They literally grew bigger than my head! When my milk finally dried up I was a saggy deflated D. I remember complaining about 'rolling' my boobs up into my bra. I was SO perky before my pregnancy. I could not stand the fact my breasts could touch one another or somehow seep out of my bra. This is when I decided I would get a lift, but my doctor had another idea. Breast Implants.

I'm not sure how I let my doctor talk me into something I didn't want, but don't feel guilty if it happened to you because it happened to me! I'm sure the price difference of 10K for a lift and only 5K for implants was a determining factor. I was only in my 20's and this seemed like a million dollars at the time. My doctor (who is EXTREMELY highly ranked in my area) said my breasts would stand right back up with just a small 300 cc implant. Seems like a good plan so I scheduled surgery.

Lets just jump to awakening from surgery. Doc is standing over me and says he had to go "a little bigger" to achieve the lift I wanted. He filled my breasts to 400 and 420cc's. That's OVER 100 cc's than planned. I won't even bother going over how the nurse ripped out my IV so I could sneak out because I was vomiting from the surgery and she said I'd never get out of there if we didn't do it this way. I did end up getting sick for about 11 days post op, so now I'm glad the nurse pushed me out the door!

Instant regret. Somewhere around day 2 or 3 I removed the bandages and see my new boobs. HUGE. I have hated them since day 1. At my first appointment I asked my doctor if he could remove them. He said yes, but give them a little longer to settle. It's 7 years later and here we are. I own 50 bras, all of which I HATE. Not one damn bras fits me properly. My shoulders ache, but more importantly.... I am sick. Constantly. I hurt. Constantly. I haven't seen a doctor yet in fear they will diagnose me with fibro or chronic fatigue. I am healthy! I work out, I eat healthy, I take supplements. I'm HAPPY!!! I am not a depressed person at all. I live in a beautiful home with a damn near perfect husband and have a wonderful child. I do NOT want a doctor to tell me I'm depressed or some other crap because he can't get to the bottom of my sickness. I KNOW in my gut my implants are making me sick. It's hard to even get a breath when I'm working out. I haven't spoke with a surgeon yet, but I have been doing tons of research about full explantation and capsulectomy. More than anything I just wanted to vent and contact others who are having the same symptoms as me. If anyone has any insight I would love to hear it. I do plan on having my surgery sometime in February or March (when my schedule allows). I'm working on posting more pictures. My profile picture really does my saggy DDD's justice, but they are more saggy than they appear!

Before Pictures/Weird armpit skin

After looking at my pictures they don't look as big as they feel. At least to me they look somewhat normal, but I think I've looked at them for so many years this is my normal. I'm a 32 DDD and sometimes bigger depending on if I've gained a few lbs. (I own multiple sizes of bras). Taking before pictures and posting them makes this much more real. I don't even engage in any kind of social media so if you can imagine this is a huge step for me. My husband would probably freak if he knew I blogged, but some things are meant for privacy between women. Anyone had a explant and lift with boobs similar to mine? Also, has anyone had saggy armpit skin after having implants put in through that area?

First consultation is scheduled!

July 14, 2017! I finally found a doctor with beautiful before and after pictures in my area (Missouri). Has anyone ever used Dr. Concannon in the Columbia area? He has amazing credentials and I can't wait to meet him and hopefully schedule surgery. Since my last review several months ago I have had my blood and hormones checked and it all came back normal. I even had a screening mammogram just to be on the safe side it was normal as well. I still feel tired and just overall "blah", but I know getting these nasty implants out is just around the corner.

3rd Consultation is a charm!

There was much confusion about general anesthesia vs. conscious sedation, but after lots of research and using my 'gut' feeling this time around I've decided general is the best option for such a major surgery. Two of the three surgeons wanted to remove or deflate (leaving my implant in) before doing my lift. The surgeon I chose assured me that the results would be no better by doing this in a two step process vs one. Going under once is always safer. My surgery is scheduled for September 22 and I can't wait take more before pics and have AFTER pics to share!

I did it! Quick update...

Surgery was at 730.. got home about an hour ago. I feel great! I had lip in the underarm area and it's draining which is pretty gross but not a lot blood where my incisions are. I didn't get sick from the anesthesia. I haven't even fell back asleep since they woke me at 11. This surgery is completely opposite of my last. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow when I shower. They look so small!!! Yay!!!!!! (On Percocet and Xanax so good luck reading through errors!)
Dr. Carl Price