Pectus Excavatum, 30 years old, 110lbs, nursed 2 children - Springfield, MO

I have pectus excavatum. I am 30 years old,...

I have pectus excavatum. I am 30 years old, 5'2", 110lbs and I breast feed both of my children for more than a year each. I have done a lot of research, thinking, praying and talking with others that has lead me to the decision that I want breast implants. I am confident and excited to have my procedure done but I have some important decisions to make first and I need some advice. I am wanting a very natural look, under the muscle with an under the breast scar to be more concealed. I don't want to end up too big for my body size.

I can't decide between 275cc and 300cc, saline vs silicone and Dr. Carl Price of Springfield, MO or Dr. Carla Garrison of Springfield, MO. Any and all advice is welcome.

Saline vs silicone I have read silicone looks and feels more natural which is what I want but the leaking into your body freaks me out which is why I'm considering saline. Do saline breast implants feel as fake when placed under the muscle?

Anyone else have pectus excavatum?

If anyone else has pectus excavatum I would like to see before and after photos to help me decide on size and profile of the implant. I am going to do the same in hopes of helping someone else :)

Anyone have Dr. Carla Garrison or Dr. Carl Price of Springfield, MO

Did anyone have Dr. Carla Garrison of Springfield, MO or Dr. Carl Price of Springfield, MO do their breast implants? I am trying to decide who to go with.

?Hi ladies!

I am 30 years old. 5'2", 110lbs, nursed 2 kids and currently a 32 A or B hard to say with my pectus excavatum. I have all but decided to go with the new Ideal Implant, under the muscle for sure, armpit incision I think, but I can't decide on size??? I am petite and don't want to look unnatural. I don't want to walk into a room and the first thing people notice is my boobs. I want to look like I did when I was nursing, a small C. Basically just feel like a mother and not a little girl just developing. The surgeon I think I'm going to go with suggests 325cc but I'm concerned that may be too big for my frame. Pictures of me currently are already posted on my profile and photos of when I was nursing are attached. I would love some advice, thank you!

Scheduled BA going with the new Ideal Implant!

Hi Ladies!
After a year of research and indecisiveness I booked my BA! It is scheduled for September 23rd and I am going with the new Ideal Implant! :)
My doctor Carl Price said, "All good ideas were once new, however all new ideas are not good" but in the case of the Ideal Implant he thinks it is going to be great and I do too! So excited! If anyone on here has the Ideal Implants please leave a comment and let me know how you like them.
Thank you !
To learn more about the Ideal Implant their website is www.idealimplant.com :)

Tomorrow is my surgery!

Hi Ladies!
Tomorrow is my surgery! I can't believe it is here! I am super excited and nervous. I have never been put under before, so I don't know what to expect with that, but I'm sure everything will go smoothly, I have an awesome doctor. Any last minuet advice on what to have in the car ride home or things that you bought or did that made your recovery easier???
Thank you!

Pectus excavatum, nursed 2 babies, 5'2", 110lbs. Got the new Ideal Implants

Well it's done! :) I'm feeling much better than I expected. I worried about being put under but that was no big deal, so if anyone is concerned about that don't be, it's a breeze. :) The nurse said we are going to take very good care of you and the next thing I knew I was in recovery. When I woke up I felt like I had a brick sitting on my chest and that my milk had come in. I would not call it pain just weight or discomfort, and I wasn't nauseated at all which I was afraid of because I get car sick but no problems there. :) I brought a pillow to put between me and the seat belt on the car ride home and I would highly recommend doing that.

Implant: new Ideal Implant
Price: $6,2000 (can't figure out how to change that at the top)
Implant size: 305cc
Placement: under the muscle
Incision site: armpit

So far couldn't be more pleased with my experience! :)
Thank you Dr. Carl Price!

Post Op Day 2

I slept ok last night. I've been trying to stay very hydrated so had to get up and pee 3 times. I took a shower this morning and got to see my new girls for the first time. They are very hard and swollen but I think they will dtop and fluff nicely. The most painful thing so far was putting the surgical bra back on aftet the shower, ouch! I am happy to see that they make my pectus excavatum look less severe :) I've been staying on the move to help loosen everything up. I am doing rapid recovery arm raising exercises, I went on a walk and did a load of laundry.

Day 5 incisions

Things have been going pretty well. I had pectoral muscle spasms which made me anxious but my husband helped calm me down and when I called my doctors office they said it was common and nothing to be worried about. My stomach is very bloated still, can't wait for that to go away. And I'm wondering if my surgical bra is too small because it is quite uncomfortable. These pictures are of my arm pit incisions the left side has no bursing and little discomfort. My right side has slight bursing and is very tender.

Post Op Day 6y experiences

I slept like normal last night! Still using 3 pillows though. My breast were super hard this morning though probably because I didn't get up and move around in the night. This whole recovery experience has been easier than I expected, however, many things are difficult that I hadn't anticipated. I have no downward pressure with my hands so I can't open pill bottles and it is very difficult to get soap out of a dispenser. Also it is very difficult to raise my arms up or back so thank God for my husband who helped me shower and wash my hair (he was very wellingly of course?). He also helps me put my shirt on which is also rediculously difficult. Best of luck with your own recovery processes. :)

Day 7

I drove for the first time today. It wasn't pleasant since I have to drive on gravel roads but it was manageable. Then when I was at the grocery store I was reaching for the mustard on the condiment aisle and the bottle next to it fell off the shelf and hit me on the left boob. Ouch! I thought to myself seriously I can't believe that just happened to me! Lol! So my advice is to be very careful at the grocery store ;)

1 week post op appointment yesterday

I had my one week post op appointment yesterday! Dr. Price said I'm doing great and that it's time to start massaging, also if it's comfortable I can start sleeping on my side now, yay! He said I have one more week of wearing my surgical bra 24hrs a day, then I can sleep without a bra and wear other bras during the day that are supportive, but no underwires. He suggested sports bras by Brooks called Moving Comfort so I am ordering some of those tonight. They offer free shipping and free retuns! :) I'm very pleased with my results so far, can't wait for them to drop and fluff. Here is my 1 week pictures and my scars.

More 1 week pictures

Having trouble uploading pictures

1 more 1 week picture

Last one for now

2 weeks post op! :)

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks! Time is flying by in some ways and moving slow as molasses in others. Now at 2 weeks I can open pill bottles, sleep with 2 instead of 3 pillows, drive comfortably, and reach for things on the middle shelf of the cabinet :) I am starting light exercises tomorrow aka yoga. And the massaging has been going well, I think it helps them to soften up. My doctor says I can start sleeping without a bra now so I'm going to try it tonight. That may not last very long, they still feel like they need a lot of support, we'll see. Here are some 2 week pictures. They are softer for sure. I'm very pleased so far! :)

More 2 week pictures

Still having problems uploading more than 2 pictures at a time. Here are my 2 week side view. I hope in some way by me sharing I help someone else make their decision. This site really helped me with mine. Thank you ladies! :)

1 Month Post Op! :)

Things are going great! The girls have softened up and my scars are healing nicely. Reaching fully extending my arms is still a little painful, but that too will get easier :) If you are looking for a good place to buy bras with no underwire check Target, they had the best selection around here, and they are super reasonable :)

4.5 months Post Op

Overall I am happy with The Ideal implant. When you put the palm of your hand over your nipple and feel them, they feel real, however, my complaint is that the bottom where the crease of my breast is, there is stiff rippling. You can't see it but you can diffently feel it. I have inclued a picture of the only visible rippling I have which only occurs when I lean completely over. If I could go back in time I would 100% do it again, however, I would get about 10-15 more CCs, not because I wish they were bigger because I love the size and shape but to try and combat the rippling. I got size 300 Ideal Implant filled to 305cc. My only concern with filling it more would be losing how natural they feel.
Springfield Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Carl Price is wonderful! He listened to all my concerns, was up front and honest with what I could expect with my results since I have pectus excavatum. He is very kind and very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him to everyone! :) Thank you Dr. Carl Price!