31 Years Old, 5'9" 170, Lost 75lbs 9 Years Ago. Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift. - Springfield, MO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My fiancé and I made the decision not to have...

My fiancé and I made the decision not to have children and I've waited 9 long years to get rid of extra skin. I continue to feel self conscious despite losing 75lbs. I workout 5-6 days a week. I had my consultation Monday and I'm having a tummy tuck and breast lift in less than 30 days! After my breasts heal, I will then decide if I want some augmentation as well.

2 weeks to go! All paid!

So I'm 2 weeks pre-op and everything is paid for now. I'm getting a little nervous because I've never had surgery and don't really know what to expect, but so ready to feel happy about my body and the hard work I accomplished and have kept off.

Necessary supplies?

I'm trying to make a list of things I need before the surgery. So far:
Wedge pillow
Arnica gel
Peroxide & Neosporin
Jello, pudding, crackers, soup
Wet wipes
What am I missing? Any must haves? Thanks in advance!

Rolling Panties

This may be TMI, but... You know one of the things I'm most looking forward to? My panties not rolling down when I wear a dress. This is something I've dealt with for a long time, but kangaroo pouch seems to always make my panties roll down the second I start walking. Then I look like the weirdo trying to readjust them, because I can't leave them bunched up under my roll. I know I can't be the only one with this problem.


I'm one week away! I'm excited and terrified at the same time. Started having dreams a couple days ago, both good and bad. In the end I know it will all be worth it, but the anticipation is killing me!

Tomorrow.. Tomorrow.. I love ya Tomorrow

It's official! I have to be at the surgery center at 6 am! I'm like the little duck swimming in a pond. All calm and cool on top, but swimming like hell underwater. I'm super excited and it feels so surreal I've wanted this for so long, but since this is my first ever surgery I'M FREAKING OUT MAN. Just kidding, it's not that bad, but I do have some butterflies!

It's Time!

Today's the day! I'm here waiting and ready! Got my bed all set up for when I get home. Next post I'll be on the flat side!

I made it to the flat side!

I will post pictures as soon as I can, but right now my fiancé won't let me take any of the binders off. This was my first ever surgery and I had really major nausea while trying to come out of the anesthesia. They had to give me 3 different kinds of medication to calm it down. Dr. Hawes started the surgery about 7:45 and I was at home in bed by 1:45. Getting out of bed isn't too bad, but getting into bed hurts like hell. My breasts don't really hurt, but my lower stomach is pretty rough. I didn't think I'd take my pain pills as much, but at the urging of the nurse and my fiancé I decided to stay on top of the pain for the first couple days. I'm dying to see what it all looks like though! I get to shower on Saturday, so I may have to wait until then.

Day 1

So I woke up about 3:30 am needing to pee and I've been in and out of sleep ever since. I feel WAY better than I did last night. I set alarms through the night to make sure I took my pain meds and have been putting ice packs on my belly. I'm laying on a heating pad for my back to help with being bent over. The worst part is getting back into bed because it's so high but I think we're starting to master that finally. My fiancé has been a trooper and I definitely don't know what I'd do without him. Every time I get up to go pee, I make a lap to the kitchen and back just to get my legs moving. The anticipation of seeing it is killing me, but I'm trying to be a good girl.

Day 2 Post-Op - Drum Roll Please..

Finally got to shower and see the big reveal! Unfortunately, after all the binders came off I got super nauseous and dizzy, thank god for anti-nausea medication. After that small bump in the road I finally got to see all of Dr. Hawes' masterwork. I really wasn't focused on my breasts that much before surgery, but now I'm obsessed with them. He talked me out of getting implants and now I'm so glad I didn't. That's when you know you have a good doctor. He listened to what I wanted and I'm elated with the results so far.
I'm super swollen but I'm beyond happy with how it looks already. Today has been a rollercoaster of emotions, but it's definitely worth it so far.

Day 3

Just some more pics. I was getting really uncomfortable today and the binder was digging into my hip and irritating my skin. So we readjusted and I put my tank top on underneath the binder. It seems to be helping, feels a lot better. Been sleeping with a heating pad on my back to help with the lower back pain too. Still haven't had a bowel movement but I've taken a stool softener every morning and been drinking over 100 ounces of water every day. Lots of fruits and veggies and ate some Greek yogurt and drank some green tea with local honey today. Hopefully I'll get some relief soon.
My belly is super swollen, the left side is especially worse. I'm in love with my boobies though! I know they'll go down a little, but I'm so excited about them! And I've gotten so many comments on how good my belly button looks. I'm beyond satisfied right now.

Cabin Fever

I'm getting cabin fever but I know I have to rest. I decided to try a trip up our set of stairs. It's amazing how tiring that was, so I stopped at one. The nurse said to shrug my shoulders when I'm walking to increase blood flow. So today I've been doing it more flamboyantly while hunched over and can't stop giggling about it. We're getting slap happy and man it hurts so bad to laugh, but it's oh so funny. I'm having premonitions into old age.
And for extra measure I included a pic with the tank under the binder and my fancy drain necklace.

Day 4 - Hallelujah!

I was doing all the right things, taking stool softener since day one, eating really clean, fruits & veggies, protein shakes, Greek yogurt, green tea and I still could have a bowel movement. This morning I decided to take a women's laxative and finally by 10 am I had a BM. I immediately felt so much better. I took my binders off to be washed today and took a shower and even straightened my hair. My fiancé laughed that I was fixing my hair, but I told him it makes me feel better. My stomach is really swollen right now and mostly numb to the touch. The good news is I already have sensitivity in both nipples! Posting some more progress pics and my belly button. I'm impressed with how good it looks.

Day 6 - No more drain!

Been feeling nauseous all day today, but I had my first Post-Op appointment this afternoon. Everything is looking really good, and I'm happy with the progress. My Dr. decided it was time to take the drain out. I was only draining about 25 cc all day and my skin was getting irritated from the stitches.
Let's talk about the removal of the drain though.. Holy crap. I had NO IDEA the tube inside me was so long. Literally like 12 inches of tubing came out of me. She pulled it out so quick it didn't hurt at all, it was just very strange. Feels good to be rid of it though.
I took some pics this morning before my shower, the swelling seemed to be a little better today. I'm beyond happy with the results already. I can't wait to see the next weeks and months.

Day 8

Well, I had a big long review done and then lost it and I don't really feel like writing it again.
Today I drove for the first time. I've been off of narcotics for 48 hours now. My pain level is pretty low. I took 800 mg Aleve yesterday morning and then 800 mg last night and nothing today so far.
I'm pretty excited how how quickly I've been healing. Yesterday was the first time I was able to get it and out of bed on my own too.
Some more new pics of how it looks now and where the drain was. Still a lot of swelling, but I got a smaller binder at my dr's visit and I think that's helping.

Umm what is this? Day 9?

I'm starting to lose track of days, but I'm supposed to go back to work in 3 days. I might ask for more time, but I keep feeling better. I wore real clothes for the first time today, but only for about an hour. I've had major itching on my incision mostly on the hips, and today it's a little red near the tape. I'm gonna keep an eye on it and hope it gets better.

Day 11

I had a little issue with my incision this morning, it was partly open and oozy so I called my PS office and the nurse said she could see me. So I went in and she just cleaned it with iodine and took the steristrips off. She acted like it was no big deal and just said to keep it clean. I guess we'll see! The rest of it is looking pretty good though.

Day 13 - Swell Hell

So today was my first day back to work... I felt OK in the morning but by lunch I could tell I was super swollen and my pants started feeling really uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to change. I may have to make it a short day tomorrow. I was supposed to take all the steristrips off today too so I did. Unfortunately some of my skin came off with them too. The nurse gave me iodine to put on the incisions to clean them. I have a few spots that have some oozing a little bit but the nurse said to just keep them clean. I hope that clears up soon cause it hurts when they get stuck to my shirt. Overall though I'm still feeling pretty good. Not really any pain, the swelling was almost unbearable though. So now I'm laying in bed with my feet up and an ice pack on my belly! Happy hump day!

Day 15

Just a quick pic. Was feeling better today after only going to work for 2 hours. Feeling happy with how it looks with the incision covered.

Day 19

Man this weekend was rough.. Mother Nature came to visit Thursday and Saturday we decided to go to a little festival in town for a few hours. I got so frustrated with not being able to wear all my cute clothes because of the binders. I just felt emotional all weekend. I hate missing out on all the fun events and the beautiful weather. Not being able to workout is killing me too. Just trying to be patient, but there were definitely some tears this weekend. It'll all be worth it in the end, just hard to see in the short term.

3 weeks post op

Well, here we are, it's already been 3 weeks! Time has just flown by. The worst part about going back to work is the awful swelling. I rub essential oils on my stomach in the morning, wearing my binder 24/7, taking bromelain, eating healthy, drinking lots of water but still by noon time I'm about double the size. Normally, the swelling will go down overnight and it's much better in the morning, but this morning I was still pretty swollen. I still have a few spots that have delayed healing, but I think the incision is looking pretty good. I'm looking forward to starting scar therapy. All in all I'm still really happy with it and I can't wait to see what it looks like months from now.

4 Weeks

Part of me is like I can't believe it's already been 4 weeks, but the impatient part of me is like why am I not completely healed yet?! It's getting better day by day. I still have a couple spots that are healing so I have to keep them covered so they don't get stuck to my shirt, but overall it's starting to look really good. I've been walking at least a half mile every day since week one, but I've been slowly increasing it. This morning I was able to walk a mile in 16:30 with an incline of 4.0 so I'll take that as a victory. I'm dying to get back to working out! I'm posting a few more update pics. I have iodine on my incisions so that's why they look kinda bruised or yellowish. Here's to another week down!

Almost 5 Weeks!

Today I have my 2nd post-op appointment. I'm hoping he will release me for more activity, I'm ready to start working out again. We leave in a week for Florida to get married! Ahhh! I'm hoping it's healed enough to enjoy the ocean and sun on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico too. The incision is getting closer to being healed. Oh, I forgot to add that we started having sex again about 2 weeks ago. It's very gentle and have to be careful in certain positions, but that was a big concern for me so I'm sure others are wondering about it too. My fiancé can't wait to really get to enjoy all the newness.

Almost 8 Weeks!

I can't believe it's already been 2 months. It's amazing how much better it has gotten in the last 2 weeks too. I got married on the 21st and enjoyed my new flat tummy and non saggy boobs on our honeymoon. I still haven't attempted running, but I started lifting upper body this week and I've been walking at least 2 miles a day. I'm ready to get back to my normal active self. I bought a new spin bike so I'm going to try that this week too. Swelling is still an issue by the end of the day, but not nearly as bad as it was. I found some waist trainers at Ross for $10 that really help with feeling secure without the bulk of the binder.

I was runnin'

I finally ran for the first time post-op this morning! I had a thin binder on and it was only a quarter of a mile at a time, but it actually felt good. My breasts felt the most sore while running. My scar feels a little tight this afternoon, but nothing bad. I'm excited to get back to my old routine and maybe get some abs finally!

It's been so long...

I can't even remember what day we're on. I think we're at 13 weeks this week. I've been back to running about 6-8 miles a week and walking another 8-10 throughout. Still dealing with a lot of swelling, especially in the afternoons, but I deal with it. Been having a lot of burning and itching, especially on my breasts because of the healing. i have another follow up next Tuesday with my PS and will probably take after photos at that appointment.


Sometimes I forget what it looked like before. Puts things in perspective

3 Month Follow Up

I had my 3 month follow up today and we took "after" photos. I'm in awe at the difference it has made. The nurse even noted how much better my posture is now. I still struggle with body image issues, but I love my new body. Totally worth it.

1 year update

So I've been MIA for a while but I thought I should update. There have been ups and downs through this whole process and I still struggle with body image issues, but I hadn't seen the old pictures in a while then look at what I have now and I can't believe the difference. The scars are a little worse than I expected but they have definitely faded over time. I've been considering getting a tattoo to cover the one on my stomach. Either way I'm still glad I did it and I've very happy with the results.
Springfield Plastic Surgeon

Was impressed at my consultation with Dr. Hawes. He explained everything fully and took his time with answering all my questions. I felt at ease. Immediately scheduled surgery and will update after surgery.

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful