51 Year Old with Loss of Mid-Face Facial Volume - Spokane, WA

After renovating my bathrooms and replacing old,...

After renovating my bathrooms and replacing old, dim light fixtures with LED lights I really disliked getting ready in the morning. My face was clearly visible in the bright light, and it was evident that the golden glow of youth had long ago worn away, revealing a slightly shrunken cheekbone area devoid of underlying fat (which helps give us the youthful, plump glow of good health). I decided to visit Dr. Chestnut after reading several reviews and narrowing my choices down to Sculptra and Voluma to replace the lost volume to my mid-face. I was more comfortable trying Voluma given the ability to dissolve it if I didn't like the results, and Dr. Chestnut thought Voluma was a good choice for my facial structure and the outcome I was seeking.

Throughout the procedure Dr. Chestnut explained where the next injection would be; they were not particularly painful, and took only a few minutes to complete. I had a small amount of swelling for several days, and bruising that lasted approximately 1 week. The skin and underlying tissue does not feel any different after the injections versus before.

The pictures I posted do not show the difference very well, but I can say without reservation that the sunken shadows so obvious before I had the Voluma injections are completely gone now.
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Chestnut performed a thorough examination of my face, carefully listened as I pointed out areas that I wanted modified, and understood when I voiced concerns over treatments that could not be reversed (e.g Sculptra). His recommendations were in line with my immediate wants as well as options for more dramatic improvements, i.e. fractional CO2 for face, neck, chest, and hands. Given Dr. Chestnuts recent fellowship at UCLA he seems to be abreast of the latest methods in cosmetic dermatology, and was willing to discuss options in a detailed manner. This is very important to me, as I have not found many physicians willing to treat their patients as capable of understanding the various procedures. Based on my positive interactions with Dr. Chestnut I've scheduled a fractional CO2 treatment for this Friday!