38 Yrs Old, 1 Child, Labiaplasty/Wedge Technique - Spokane, WA

I wanted to have labiaplasty because I didn't like...

I wanted to have labiaplasty because I didn't like the way I looked in my swimsuit and tight clothing. I wear a lot of g-strings and also get Brazilian waxes. As I've aged, I feel like everything just sticks out. I was also hoping sex would be more enjoyable by not having to adjust the excess bulk.

One thing I am worrying about is that I may have needed more tissue removed like my majora and clitoris hood. I hope that I will be satisfied with just labiaplasty. In time I will know.

Day 3 Labiaplasty

it's day 3 today. I woke up in the night and couldn't believe how
much the swelling had gone down! I slept better but still got up earlier than usual.
I've been keeping the area clean with Witches Hazel, I just dab a little on with a nonstick pad.
I put triple ointment cream on this morning for the first time. I felt a little itching begin to start and the ointment seemed to helped.
I'm drinking 2-3 liters of water a day, trying to keep my urin crystal
clear.
I will ice until 1pm today. After that ice won't help the swelling very much. So, I plan to switch to heat to help with circulation.

So far things are going great! I did notice when I woke up I had very little swelling but after walking around for 5 minutes I began to swell again. So I hurried up and layer back down, elevated my legs and started watching Netflix.

Day 4

Day 4. Swelling has gone down even more today and bruising is starting to fade. I slept like crap last night. I ended up getting up, taking a pain pill, applying ice and watching the discovery channel at 2:30 in the morning. Anyhow, today is better. I just needed more sleep. I'm still drinking 2-3 liters of water a day. I'm still laying in bed with a pillow under my knees. I feel like I could get up and do anything but I want to make sure I give my body the healing boost it needs so I am just taking it easy. I plan on staying on bed rest until Saturday morning. That will be 5 full days. I ate like crap last night and since I'm just laying around it made me feel like more crap. Today I am going to have a very clean diet and I'm looking forward to redeeming myself from yesterday. Lol!

Day 5 and feeling alive!

Day 5- This morning I woke up, took a shower and got on with my day. I feel great! Occasionally a stitch will poke me, there still some swelling but the swelling around the sutures has gone down and that has alleviated a lot of discomfort. I drove this morning for the first time and sat on a neck pillow that I use when I fly. It worked perfect and took the pressure off of my lady parts. I've been applying a very small dab of triple antibiotic cream over the seam once a day. It makes the sutures feel better (like my doc said). Still drinking 2 liters of water a day. Today I will be finished with my antibiotics. Woot woot!

1 Week Post-Opt!

Ok so it's been 1 week today since I had my labiaplasty. Physically I feel great. It's still a little tender and things look to be healing very well. The sutures haven't started to come out or anything, once and awhile they poke me but even that isn't to bad. I am healing just as my doctor said I would and I can tell he did a nice job. Everything looks to be even and smooth.

You can tell in my pictures I have a lot of extra skin and eventually I will go back and have a full-blown vaginal rejuvenation. Having Labiaplasty put everything in perspective.....I want my old youthful, pre-baby vagina back. It may be a few months before I can schedule this surgery because I'm sure I'll need to heal from my labiaplasty at least that long. Either way, I am looking forward to having all my loose baggy skin removed!

You can see in my pictures that the swelling is almost gone one week later and the bruising is SO MUCH BETTER. I feel great today.

2 weeks post-opt

feeling better every day. My pelvic bone is a little tender. Bruising is less and healing is right on track. I still have stitches in and as far as I can see none have came out our started to dissolve. There are definitely pokey spots and sometimes at night they wake me up. I am looking forward to seeing my doctor next this week and see if he can take them out or trim the ends.

4 weeks post-opt

I 4 weeks post-opt and feeling great! I can still feel a couple stitches but they aren't too bad. But here's the catch.....

I drive to Seattle today and met with a board certified plastic surgeon! I made an appointment for clitoral hood reduction and perineoplasty! I'm so excited! I am very disappointed I did not have all this work done at once. I really feel like my original doctor should have counseled me better. Either way I am super excited to have a date set to complete getting the results I want.

I selected my board certified plastic surgeon because I had posted a picture and asked if I needed more work done other than just labiaplasty? Dr. M told me what deep down I already knew.

Anyhow, here's the best part. When Dr. M looked at me yesterday he gave me a pass to have sex again. So I did and it was amazing!! Whew, talk about some much needed loving! Lol!

Dr. M also said my original doctor who did my labiaplasty surprisingly did a nice job! He thought my labiaplasty look great and was pleased to see he had not taken to much of my labia off. That made me feel better that even though I don't think I was counseled well by my original doctor on all the work I needed, at least the work he did do (labiaplasty only) as acceptable and well done. So I'm a happy girl today and very excited to have my clitoral hood reduced and perineoplasty to complete this process.

two weeks post opt of Perineoplasty/Clitoral hood reduction

I went to Bellvue Plastic Surgeons and had my Perineoplasty and Clitoral hood reduction. I really felt it was important to have a board certified plastic surgeon do additional work. My labiaplasty went well but I got nervous and didn't want to take chances of screwing up anything. So here are a couple photos two weeks post opt of peri/clitoral surgery. I still have stitches in and some swelling but the swelling was never as much as my labia surgery. And I recovered much faster after perineoplasty than labiaplasty.

5 weeks post opt perineoplasty/clitoral hood reduction

perineoplasty /clitoral hood reduction was done by a different doctor than the doctor who did my labiaplasty. I still have swelling and will need a labia revision done in six months but still looking better.
Coeur d'Alene General Surgeon

The doctor is very nice and answered all my questions. I felt like Dr. L cared most about a natural appearance in the result and not over doing anything. He set the expectations as they should be and so far his counseling has been spot on. The day of surgery I started to panic and have 2nd thoughts. He took the time to answer all my questions again and this put me at ease. My only concern is that I needed a lot more work than I asked for. I would have paid more to have the extra skin removed directly behind my vagina to my rectum and I may have even needed some majora work. I never thought about these things until I started taking pictures of myself the night before surgery and saw more things I didn't like. Unfortunatly, if I want these things taken care of it will need to be done later and I'll have to go through surgery again. I would definitely recommend getting everything done at once. If you really want a pretty little vagina, make sure you discuss every little centimeter of your vagina before surgery! The staff was professional and very good about returning phone calls and emails. The office manager was very nice and made sure I understood all my Finacial options. I chose to pay cash. So I could receive a 5% discount. Today I go in for my one day post-op appointment. I have swelling and bruising but nothing that I wasn't informed of ahead of time. I haven't taken any pain meds today because the ice seems to work best. I'm taking my antibiotics and Aleve to reduce swelling. I have been drinking lots of water to flush my system and speed up my recovery. Going to the bathroom doesn't hurt, I just pat after with a baby wipe after. I plan to stay in bed for the first few day with my legs elevated as much as possible. I do try to walk around the house every hour for a few minutes as encouraged by my healthcare staff. I'm looking forward to seeing my results once the swelling and bruising has gone down. I think this procedure is going to give me alot more confidence by not having to worry about my long labia. BUT I also think I will need to schedule another surgery to tidy up the rest of my vagina. I really wish I would have had more than one consult so that I would have been more knowledgeable and prepared. I might of had a better idea of what to ask for. Either way, I am confident I will have nicer looking labia and for this a am happy.