Tummy Tuck with Dr Mel. Ortega - Miami, FL

I am having tummy tuck with 2 areas of lipos done...

I am having tummy tuck with 2 areas of lipos done by Dr. Ortega in 3 days. I'm really excited and at the same time really scared about being in pain afterwards. Karla is my coordinator at Spectrum Aesthetics, and let me tell you, she is wonderful! She answers all of my questions, and always emails and calls back in a timely manner. I am traveling from out of town, so I will be staying at the recovery house which is not included in the price. The name of it is Assistance4life. Wish me luck because I really need it!!!!!!! I am scared to death.

Made it to Miami, Recovery house

So I made it to Miami. Maria, Karla's sister picked me up from the airport. She is hilarious, she makes me laugh. She makes me feel comfortable being around her and not akward. So she drove me to Spectrum to meet with Karla, do my pre op, and pay my balance.
Maria took me to get my prescriptions then drove me to the recovery house. It looks like a 2 story townhouse with 3 or 4 bedrooms. A very nice lady named Maria(different ones) is going to be taking care of me. I was starving when i got there, so she fixed me something to eat, and it was delicious. For some reason it won't let me upload pictures, idk why. Oh by the way, my surgery is going to be at 11 a.m tomorrow.

Recovery house room pictures

Going in surgery early

Surgery is supposed to be at 11 a.m. Going in early because the girl before me has fever so hers was canceled. Spoke to Dr. Ortega, really nice and down to earth doctor. He listens and tells you whats best for you, he's not all about the money. So I'm just here waiting for the anesthesiologist to come in. Thank you for all your support. See you on the flat side.

Made it to the flat side.

I made it to the flat side. My surgery took about 3 hours. I was freezing and was in extreme pain when I woke up innthe recovery room, I wanted to cry but I didn't. No nausea, that was something new. The last time I was etremely nauseated when I woke up from general anesthesia. Maria drove me back to the recovery house, I ate soup and took my pain killer immediately. Tried to go pee after but nothing would come out. The trip to the bathroom back to the recliner was really exhausting for me.

I started to sweat and when I finally sat back down I was nauseated. Thanks to Maria, she brought me alcohol wipes to sniff and miraculously the nausea went away. Never knew that trick before. I fell asleep shortly after cause I was exhausted. Pictures coming soon, as soon as I feel a little better. Right now I'm in pain. Thank you all for the prayers and kind words.

6.13 AM and I'm in pain.

First night after the surgery, I slept of and on, wake up every hr or so. I'm on top of my pain medicine cause I'm really sore. So I slept from 1.45 to 5.23 a.m, woke up with tightness and a lot of pain. I accidentally cough and the pain was unbearable, I will never do that again!!!! Took my pain medicine and almost an hour later I'm still in pain.
I'm forever grateful for Maria and I thank God for her, she waited on my hands and knees, what a humbling experience. On the side note, I'm draining quite a lot, so hopefully I won't have these drains long.

Shower makes everything better

I feel like a brand new person!!!! It feels so good to shower, Maria blow dry my tape in a cool setting after. These drains are really annoying, they hurts and I can't wait to get them out. Back to see Dr Ortega in the morning.

Before and after.

That's some before and one after picture, could only took one picture at the doctor's office earlier. I'll take some more when I can, it's hard to put this faja on and off. I'm swelling like crazy and it makes my stomach look really odd, and haven't used the bathroom since Friday is not helping either. I feel so miserable, i just want to poop, is that too much to ask?? :( :( :(

I finally used to be bathroom!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!! I feel much better, you have no idea!!!!! Maria (Karla's sister) took me to get some fresh fruits today, I got some fresh pineapples, papayas, bananas, and also avocados. That will keep me going for the next couple of days. I also have been drinking pineapple juice for the swelling, they have it here.
On the sad note, Maria (my nurse) that has been taking care of me the last couple of days has to leave today. She's going home to rest and will come back tomorrow, she prepared dinner for me and left in the fridge for me later. So, I'm all alone here now. :( :(

Special Thanks

I wanted to thank everyone, all the ladies that's keeping up with my updates and being a part of my journey. Thank you for all of your kind words and advice, it really helped me get through my day. It's hard being here by myself and all of you makes me feel like I'm not alone, and I have someone to talk to and support me.

4 days post op feeling great

I decided to completely stop taking the prescription pain killers yesterday and switch to tylenol extra strength. I woke up this morning feeling great, minimal pain, used the bathroom and everything. Just this tickle in my throat won't go away, and it hurts to cough. Karla came to visit this morning to check up on me, and Maria is back for a few hours today, yayy!!! I'm going to walk around Walmart later for exercise.

5 days post op Pic

So I went to see Dr.Ortega today, he removed my belly button gause and clean my new belly button. It felt really weird when he pulled the gause out, almost feel like my inside is going with the gause, it doesn't hurt at all though, just weird feeling. He told me it looks really good, my belly button survived and it's cute. Still a lot of swelling, he won't remove the drains till Friday, and he wants to see me back Monday to make sure that everything is ok and I don't developed seroma after he takes the drains out. I guess I'm stuck here till Monday. :( :( :( :( :( It sucks cause I miss my son and my dogs and my house. But I guess better be save than sorry.

Went back to the recovery house, Maria made me delicious lunch, I was tired so I took a 20 mins nap after. Maria helped me take a shower after my nap, I felt so fresh and clean after. LOL.

Oh I don't remember if I told y'all that I still sleep on the recliner, the bed is a little too high for me to sleep on, and I have anxiety that I won't be able to get down by myself. And on top of that, I don't feel comfortable sleeping flat on my back just yet. So recliner is my best friend for now. :( :(
It is 6.48 P.M right now in Miami and I haven't taken any Tylenol extra strength since yesterday at 3 P.M. So that's over 24 hrs, no pain! Yayy!!!

Breakfast by Maria Assistance4life

Couldn't sleep last night for some reason, finally fell asleep after 4 A.M. Woke up this morning still no pain, yayy!!! Maria made me delicious breakfast. She's the best! I'm going to get lymphatic massage later on today. I hope it will help with the swelling a little bit.

7 days post op. No good news

Went to see Dr.Ortega again today. Drains are still in. Dr. Ortega won't remove it till Monday, eventhough I'm barely draining the last 24 hrs. He wants to see low amount to nothing for at least a couple of days. And he wants to see me back Wednesday before I go home. It's very frustrating day for me. Because I was expecting to go home Monday. And it gets really expensive to stay longer in Miami. And I understand it's better be safe than sorry, I guess I'm just really ready to go home. :( :( :( :( I'm sorry I just needed to vent.

10 days post op.

Drains are finally out!!!!! Yayyyy!!! I feel good today, praying to God that I won't have any problem after the drains are out. Go back to see Dr. Ortega Wednesday before my flight home, he will change my dressings then. He said everything looks good, still really swollen that's about it. I can't wait to go home!!!!! :) :) :) :) I'm still super swollen more on the left side than the right side. I was able to take one picture without dropping my phone. Please be mindful that I wasn't in a perfect shape or skinny by any means before I had this surgery done. I was just ready to get rid of the loose skin that I had. I've been eating more healthy and low salt after surgery and planning to keep it that way, so that I can get to the weight that I want. Thank you for all of your support ladies.

Assistance4life is the BEST recovery house in Miami!!!!!!!

Ladies please pay attention, if you're coming from out of town, stay at Assistance4life recovery house!! Assistance4life.com . These ladies are the nicest people on earth, they took really good care of me, and they treated me like family. I'm forever grateful for them and will never stay anywhere else if I decided to get more surgery done. It's my last night in Miami, and it's really bittersweet. I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you Karla and her sister Maria, Maria Elena, and Maria Carmen for taking such good care of me and fed me delicious food!! I love you all!!!!!

Off to see Dr.Ortega in the morning and then I'm going home.

14 days post op

I've been back home for 3 days now. the first day after a long plane ride, I was really exhausted and was in pain. The next day I felt better, but still have some pain. It is much more cooler back home than in Miami, it's about 38-54 degrees here. And it has been raining nonstop, so Idk if that has something to do with my pain.

But anyways, I drove got my mani pedi yesterday, and eyebrow wax. Going to get my hair done today. Here's a few pictures I was able to take today. Still very swollen mainly on the left side where they lipo my flanks, and swollen on my stomach still. I'm very hopeful and patient for the final results though. I'm still wearing my garment 24/7, I alternate with the other garment I had from BBL the last time. I'm sleeping on my own bed with a whole bunch of pillows last night, the first 2 days I was sleeping on my recliner in the living room.

So, sad news..... :( :( :( :(

Hi Realself friends, hope y'all are doing ok. So Friday Jan 30th, exactly 3 weeks after my surgery, I woke up into a nightmare, right side of my face was numb. Couldn't blink normally and I was talking funny, it freaked me out, thought I was having a stroke. Went to ER and they diagnosed me with Bell's Palsy, never heard of it in my life. The cause of it is unclear, Dr prescribed me steroid pills to take for 10 days and told me that it's going to go away on it's own. :( :( :( :( :( I have just been really down and depressed, why me? Idk what to do? If anyone or anyone you know ever had the experience with this thing, please write me. I would love to hear about it. I'm just hoping that I won't be like this forever.

Other than that, I'm recovering well from the tummy tuck, and the swelling has gone down quite a lot.

Almost 4 weeks post op, Scar pic.

Almost 4 weeks post op, my scar is very pigmented redish purplish color, it's just in my gene I guess. Still swollen more on the left than right. Been putting Biocorneum scar treatment everyday and taping the scar. We'll see how it goes, hopefully it will help lighten up the scar. I have a very small opening of my incision in the front directly under my belly button, but it's closed up now.

Still struggling with this Bell's Palsy, trying to take it day by day. Pray for me realself sister!!!!!

5 weeks POST OP

5 weeks post op pics. Still have swelling, I'm mostly flat in the morning. Then start to swell in the afternoon, still wear compression garment religiously, I tend to swell up when I take it off. Still have some soreness and hard areas from the lipo. Overall I'm happy I did the tummy tuck, only slight improvement from Bell's Palsy. Eyes still dry and watery from lack of blinking, eating soupy food cause I keep on biting right side of my mouth when I chew, the list goes on.... Sigh....

I go back to work tomorrow, wish me luck.

6 Months Post Op

Hello everyone!!!!! Finally an update!! Sorry I've been gone for a while.

So I recovered completely from Bell's Palsy within a month and a half of having it. Here's some recent pictures. I have been eating healthy and trying to lose more weight. I have a long ways to go. Still have to work on my back fat and thighs. I hope everyone is having a great day!

A little update after 1 1/2 year

Still best decision ever. Money well spent.
Miami Plastic Surgeon