I Feel 40, but Look 70 - Spartanburg, SC

I am expecting to not look like I have had a face...

I am expecting to not look like I have had a face lift. I don't want people asking me who my PS is. I expect to just look refreshed and well rested. I have reached the point to where I hate pictures of myself. My fiance has learned that I like pictures better when he holds the camera higher and I look up into the camera. I am so excited about the procedure. I am not one bit scared.

Surgery date has been moved to 4/18/2016

I know it's only three days, but it will seem much longer for me. I am ready today.

Six more days until facelift!

So, I had my pre-op with my doctor 4/6/2016. He told me what he will be doing and took my before pictures. He will do upper eyes, lower eyes, cheek lift with fat injections, fractional laser resurfacing, and neck lift. I will have to sleep on my back with neck elevated for ten days. I was written prescriptions for Keflex, Percocette, Valium, and phenergan. I will have to use gauze soaked in ice water on my eyes. I was also instructed to get lubricating eye drops and eye ointment. I'm a bit scared about my eyes, because there is a chance they won't close when I sleep. I will have to wash my hair in baby shampoo. I can wash my face in two days with warm water. Also talking must be kept to a minimum because talking can increase swelling and bruising. So many do's and don'ts I sure hope I can remember them all.

Less than 2 years ago

Two hours pre-op/

The pain is much worse than I imagined.

Still in recovery last night.

Approximately 12 hours post op.

Day Two and Three Post Op 4.20.16- 4.21.16

I am having problems with hematomas. I had to go back to the doctor today due to blood pooling up near my left ear. This was the second time I had to go and let them drain the blood from the same area. I wonder if the tubes were removed too soon.

Post OP Complications

By the third or fourth day post op my face started swelling. I returned to my doctor twice to have some blood drained that was pooling under the skin of my cheeks. The reduction in the swelling was only lasting about an hour. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I had an appointment with doctor Orseck on Monday 4.25.16 which was one week post op. When doctor Orseck looked at me he said; "OK, here is what we're going to do. We're sending you back to surgery." I didn't know whether to feel relief or fear. To make a long story short he scheduled me for surgery the next day. He said he would reopen the incisions on each ear so he could lift the skin back and clean all the blood out. Then he would put two drainage tubes in again. Plus he removed all my other stitches. (eyelids, chin, and ears.) Surgery was quick, but the pain after was worse than the original lift. So for now I am in a holding pattern to see how the hematomas clear up between now and Friday. I feel great today and I hope this is a good sign.

Next day after second surgery in a week

I had to go back into surgery 4.26.16 I am singing the praises of Dr Orseck for being proactive. The second times was painful , but I know it was necessary.

Let's Compare

My cousin kept insisting that I take a lot of pictures before. Being that I couldn't stand to look at myself, I forced myself to snap some selfies. Now I am glad that I did. Even with all the lumps, bruises, and swelling; I'm a happy woman.

Twitchy Eyes! ?

I just noticed that when I smile or squint my eyes they twitch. I was showing my sister today and she said they even do it with my eyes closed. Has anyone had this. I am 16 days post op.

Hold Camera High

Late evening 16 days post op. Swelling is still bad. I have heard this called Swell Hell.

Happier each day

These were taken yesterday. 20 days post op.

Comparison Collage

I knew that I looked bad, but I had no idea how bad. I want to praise Doctor Michael Orseck for a job well done!

I have been talking about a face lift since I was...

I have been talking about a face lift since I was 50. It had reached the point that I refused to let my hubby post pictures of me unless I approved. I usually would say, delete that picture. He always would say you are beautiful honey. But, I could not see anything but a sagging neck, puffy eyes, jowls, and marionette lines. I had my consult with Dr Orseck January 25, 2016. I really feltcomfortable with the entire staff. I called in February and scheduled my surgery. I was so excited and just couldn't wait for the day of surgery. I am now 3 weeks post op. I still have swelling, redness (had a chemical peel during surgery), some places that are still sore, and tire very easily. But when asked if I would do it again; I say, " yes, without a doubt,"

My oldest granddaughter and I.

I was told my 23 year old granddaughter looked like me. I sure couldn't see it six months ago; maybe we do resemble each other a little.

29 and 30 days post op.

Today was day 30 post op. I had a lot of pain in my cheeks and jaws today. Swollen quite a bit today too. Time has flown by since surgery. I see my doctor on 6/15/16. Hoping for Juviderm injections in the wrinkles around my mouth. Maybe a couple more units of Botox. Thinking of some Collagen for my thin lips.

5 weeks post op.

Today is day 36 post op. I have bags under my eyes. Please someone tell me this is temporary.

I am 57 years old and always loved ball caps.

I have always been so envious of ladies who could pull of pulling their hair up and throwing on a ball cap. This is 41 days post op and I still have many lumps, bumps, and swollen places. It was great to feel like I looked ok with a ball cap.

7 Weeks Post op.

I had to have a second surgery due to hematomas one week and one day after my face lift surgery. I bled very bad during my face-lift surgery. I am posting pics of my neck taken today which is the seven week mark.

Today is my eight week post op anniversary?

I am not as happy today as I was at 2 weeks post op. My neck is still bruised, my eyes are puffy,
I have wrinkles that I think could be made better by fillers. I did get two places filled last Wednesday, but I need more. My eyes are still blurry as well.

Two months post op

I still have some swelling and bruising under my chin. However I think the results are amazing.

Post op photos

Added some Post Op photo's

Eyes

I have been having blurred vision when doing my work. Before my surgery I could see beautifully up close and only wore glasses for distance. I made an appointment with my eye doctor just to see what was going on. I told her about my face-lift and vision changes. She said that my vision certainly had changed. She said when I checked you in October 2015, your distance vision was 20/100 and today it's 20/50. But your up-close has gotten very bad. She could not explain it and assured me that it had nothing to do with my upper bleph. She is leaning towards me developing diabetes and that could be true as my lab work always shows me as borderline. So, my next hurdle is fasting blood work to see what is going on.

Approximately 2.5 months post op.

Two and half months post.

Eleven weeks post op.

Yesterday was week 11 post op. I am begining to see the results of my face lift. I still have some areas of concern, but I know DR. Orseck will address all of them. Please note that I had a lazy right eye and crooked smile before. These are family traits as my daughter and granddaughter both have them.

3 months Post Op

I am scheduled for a lower bleph, Juviderm injections, chemical peel and lipo on "dog ears" at my chin incision. I will be admitted to the hospital 8/12/16 on a Friday and return to work on Monday. I know that I will look bad, but I will just have to endure the stares and questions.

Friday is the day! 8/12/2016

I will be having a lower bleph, Juvederm, Botox, and a chemical peel. I am scared this time.

Yesterday 8.12.16

10 days post lower Bleph

My body is a mystery. If anything can go wrong during or after any surgery it will go wrong with me. I am now wearing two frost stitches due to drooping eyes after surgery. I have complete confidence in my surgeon. I know that he will do what it takes to make sure I look my very best at the end of this journey.

continued

More pictures.

Lower Bleph Complications

I am almost a month post op. I have a droopy left eye, two hard lumps under my right eye, and a hard lump in the corner of my left eye. They don't look as bad in the picture as they do in person. I am so embarrassed. Is this normal?

7 Weeks Lower Bleph

This has been a roller coaster 7 weeks for me. My eyes change in some way each day. I never know if it will be a positive look or a look that I will worry about all day. Patience is not one of my strong points, so this has been tough for me. I know it takes time for the swelling, the pain, the droopiness, and scleral show to heal. One day at a time, that is what I have to say every morning.

Consult with an Ophthalmologist

So, I am 7 1/2 weeks post lower bleph. Some days my eyes look like they are healing and then the very next day I look worse. I saw the specialist last week. He measured, took pictures, dilated, and just about anything else he could find to do to my eyes. He confirmed my worries; severe ectropion of my left eye and mild ectropion of my right. I am most likely going to need more surgery, however, he said he does not do revisions. He said he would send me back to my surgeon with recommendations on what needed to done. He did tell me that I am still not that far out from surgery and sometimes these things do heal, but mine most likely will not.

3.5 months post lower bleph.

My eyes have finally started looking better. I am seeing improvement each day.
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Orseck is an excellent cosmetic surgeon. I would highly recommend him for any type of cosmetic surgery. I can tell that he enjoys helping women feel better about themselves. His PA Sean Kirby stole my heart. Heather Gail and Brandi are my go to girls. I just can't say enough about Dr. Orseck and his wonderful team. I would give him 10 stars if I could. Please if you live in the Spartanburg area, give Dr. Orseck a call. You will not regret it. Dr. Michael Orseck 391 Serpentine Dr # 250, Spartanburg, SC 29303 Phone:(864) 560-6717 8:30AM–5PM