Sick from my Implants - Southlake, TX

I became progressively ill about 2 years ago:...

I became progressively ill about 2 years ago: fatigue, arthritis, fibromyalgia, extreme cold in my arms and chest, eczema on my scalp, and several other issues but these were the worst and most problematic. A friend recently suggested that my implants you could be the source of my illness. I was shocked to find how many women were sick from their implants just like me. With the same symptoms. After 2 years of visits to many different specialists who concluded that they just didn't know what was wrong with me, other than auto immune disease (my panels were positive for lupus and Sjogren's), I knew the implants were the source of my illness. At 46, I felt 76. I was previously very active physically running half marathons, doing yoga. Both of which I had to give up because of the extreme pain I felt in my joints and muscles daily. I did my research and decided on Dr. Jonathan Heistein for removal of my implants. He also did a full capsulectomy, a procedure he does regularly, and has a high level of skill at. I wanted my breasts as tight as possible and a full anchor lift. My previous 34 Ds are now a 34B. I am at day 9 now. It was more painful than I expected. I had a lot of bruising (probably due to my autoimmune issues, as I bruise very easily). But immediately I could tell Dr. Heistein did a great job. They look so good. Today is the first day I am not in pain, just a little sore. I can't wait to see what they look like when they are mostly healed. The eczema on my scalp is nearly gone and I am no longer cold. I am optimistic that in the next year I will continue to see improvements in my health. Sorry no pictures yet.

Looking great and feeling great!

The soreness is going away finally. My energy levels continue to grow, and I am feeling like my old self again. I do not miss those heavy, bulky implants. I feel so light. I had no idea how much they were in the way. I even posed in a picture today with my girlfriends wearing a bikini top for a much earlier planned group photo. That took some guts. Other than the fresh scars I hid under the bikini top, they looked pretty good and they're all mine!

I am human again

A following is a list of symptoms and problems that have disappeared since my implant removal. I am 5 weeks out today, most I noticed within 2 weeks:
Chronic fatigue
Muscle pain
Joint pain and weakness
Muscle twitches, fasciculations and spasms
Eczema and dry scalp
My eyes are whiter, my skin is glowing
Normal body temperature-no chills
Moodiness and depression
Low sex drive
Vaginal dryness
I no longer wake up in the morning feeling like I have the flu. In fact, I can barely sleep 7 hours now, whereas the past 2 years I have needed 9 and never felt rested. The strength has returned in my upper body. My joints no longer crackle. I have tons of energy and a very positive attitude. I feel like the person I used to know. I have not posted an update because I am just too busy living life with new found energy!
I miss my larger breasts but I am getting used to how I look. I actually like how clothes fit me better without the implants. Everyone tells me I look like I lost weight. I am going to buy some sexy, unsupportive bathing suit tops to enjoy the new look. The scars are healing nicely and the swelling is gone.
Any time I think about how I wish I had my old breasts, I remember that I got my health back by removing them. So worth it!
I hope that I am the exception. I hope that most women are not going through what I did. I also wish we had an alternative to silicone (and saline inside silicone). I called my rheumatologist to tell him how much better I was. He said there was a ton of literature and studies done 20 years ago about "implant illness" but nothing lately. I can't believe with the growing number of women getting implants that it is not still a huge problem and most women are completely unaware.
If anyone is thinking that their health problems may be due to their implants, they should really look into it. Not many doctors are aware of this problem but I can tell I am certainly not alone.
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Heistein has an excellent bedside manner. He treats many woman who need breast reconstruction due to cancer. I felt very comfortable with his skill level and willingness to accommodate my needs. The overall result of his work is very positive. I am proud of my new, implant free breasts.