33 Female, No Kids - Lower Abdomen Smart Lipo. Southlake, TX

I am about 5'3 and fluctuate weight between...

I am about 5'3 and fluctuate weight between 150-160lbs. I am moderately active and tried everything from diets to spot training my "problem area" - which is my lower abdomen. I have a pooch that I can't get rid of so I opted for liposuction. Dr. Rumalla was my 3rd consultation for lipo and was probably the most straight forward and honest. While the other 2 consults encouraged me to get flanks, back, thighs (basically full body), Dr. Rumalla actually suggested I only get the lower ab area done and with proper diet & exercise can work on any other areas I'm unhappy with. It all boils down to genetics! These are the cards we're dealt with and with some help, we can correct what we deem flaws but ofcourse it should be moderate and minimal. Yes it would have been great to have my thighs done, but there's the risk of skin sagging in the areas and it's not worth putting my body through that much of a risk. He also explainex Smart Lipo in my case would be the best procedure since it has a skin tightening element to it. He said it's possible to see about a 50% reduction in the "pooch".. which I feel is a realistic expectation - I'm not hoping for a miracle, just an improvement.
My procedure is on Tuesday and I have that week off work. I will document my journey! Feel free to ask questions.

T minus 7 hours to surgery!

Post Op!

Procedure went well.. I'm experiencing minimal pain and haven't had to take any pain or nausea medication. I am pretty swollen as expected and have a follow up with the doctor in the morning. I haven't had a chance to see what the area looks like since I'm still wearing my compression garment.

Day 1 post-op

Spent the rest of the day after surgery virtually pain free, then woke up this morning to a whole LOT of pain. I popped 2 Vicodins and it helped ease the pain. Went for my 1st follow up with the doc and he said everything is progressing nicely for day 1. I have another follow up tomorrow afternoon and he said I could drive and finally shower! Yay! Those 'sink' baths are so ungratifying lol
It was a quick follow up with the doc so I didn't have a chance to take pics but I glanced and already I can see a difference. I will take pics tomorrow and share. Still swollen but haven't seen any bruising yet. More updates to come!

Day 2 Post-Op

Follow up visit with doc - i am healing nicely and my next follow up isn't till next Friday. I was finally allowed to drive & take a shower today! Felt light headed while showering, the area felt tender so after shower I laid down for a little while. Vicodin has me constipated so doc suggested milk of magnesia which I purchased immediately after follow up
I can already see slight improvements to my lower abdominal area - doc mentioned it's mostly water and I'll see a significant change in the next few weeks! Can't wait!

2 days post op

Before & After

11 days post op

Had my follow up with Dr. Rumalla today - he is very pleased with my healing process. I can finally stop wearing the 'bulky' compression garment and switch to heavy duty/high grade Spanx. He did require that I wear the foam with the Spanx for atleast 18 hours a day. He also gave me the green to start working out as normal again (no swimming yet). He also advised I massage the abdomen area twice a day for 5 minutes each and to also improve my posture by standing up straight. While compression is key, shaping the skin is equally important. I'll post pics of my progress soon! I can already see my stomach looking flatter than before Surgery!

11 days post op

Posting a before surgery and 11 day post op pic!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rumalla is a big ball of energy! He's busy with procedures so it may take a little bit of a wait for a consult but well worth it.