52 and Implant Free!

Every 28 days, for the past 6 months, I would get...

Every 28 days, for the past 6 months, I would get body aches, fever and the next day my right breast would swell and then get a red rash on the bottom half of my breast, that was also very warm. It would go away in a few days whether I took antibiotics or not. My doctor referred me to an oncologist to rule out inflammatory breast cancer. I finally emailed my original plastic office to see if they'd run across anything like my situation. They emailed me a standing order for lab work to be done on any aspirated fluids. They were looking for BIA-ALCL, among other things. Everything came back negative on the fluids so now we wait on the labs that will be done on the capsule. My original plastic surgeon had retired but his wife still worked with his associate. I consulted with them and then two other surgeons. I had one more consultation scheduled but felt really comfortable with the third one, Jonathan Heistein, MD in Southlake, Texas. I'm looking forward to feeling better and hopeful that I get good lab results back also. I had the anatomic, tectured cohesive gel implants (gummies) I was a 34 B when I got my implants. I'd nursed 3 kids for at least 9 months each so just wanted to fill that empty space. After surgery I was 34 DD. No one suspected they were fake! I'm glad to be back to my natural state and plan to post a few before and after pics. I saw them today when we changed bandages. I knew what to expect and I think they don't look as bad as I thought they would. Real Self has been very helpful and so have the groups I joined on Facebook for explant info and for BIA-ALCL.
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Of all the surgeons I've met with, he was the only one that came in and spoke with me before I got undressed! He listened to all my concerns and acknowledged that although BIA-ALCL is rare, I owed it to myself and piece of mind to remove the implant and capsule for testing. He's very kind and softspoken. He was great to my husband and I before surgery and called last night to check on me. I highly recommend him!