47 yrs young! 5 Kids, Long Awaited Tummy Tuck + Muscle Repair + Lipo. Scheduled for Jan 6th 17

Ok ladies, so hoping joining this group will help...

Ok ladies, so hoping joining this group will help me with my journey. I have been considering, thinking, debating, mulling over having a tummy tuck for over 9 years and seriously over the last 4 1/2 years so I think its fair to say i've considered this fully! I have had all sorts of doubts as to whether to have this done or not - am I too old, am I risking fate, do I deserve it, does it seem right to do this when there are so many people ill out there and this is just for cosmetic reasons? All these questions have played on my mind but after great deliberation I have decided to go for it as I don't want to spend the rest of my life having my body rule my clothes choices and my confidence levels. Life is too short. Don't get me wrong I am absolutely bricking the idea of the pain and agony I will most likely experience after the op but I know this will be temporary and hope that having had 5 kids I can do this, right? I have 2 surgeons to visit in the next few weeks which I have researched as much as possible. They are both members of the GMC, BAAPS & BAPRAS and have lots of great reviews, as a plus they are both work local to where I live. Will let you all know how I get on. Is there anything in particular that I should ask?

In regards to pain can anyone help - Wondering how everyone else has found the pain management, I might have had lots of kids but I don't have a high pain tolerance. I had a hernia op around 12 years ago with a small femoral incision in my pubic area and i regarded that as painful enough. Worried at the thought of only being given OTC medicines and left in agony. Can I request/pay for better pain meds from the surgeons? I've heard of a pain pump does anyone else have experience of this?

I also have a weak back and was wondering if there was anything anyone suggested to help with preventing or helping me if I get a bad back after the op, which so many have commented on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pre-surgery pictures

OK, so here goes, these are my pre-op photos. Got to say this was really difficult for me to do as I have learned how to keep my body hidden for so long that getting it out and taking a picture of it was hard. Looking forward to being able to show some after pictures following my op on either 3rd, 4th or 5th Jan - don't know for certain the date yet as this has still to be confirmed by all 3 are reserved so will be one of them! Will keep you all updated!
Ps Thanks for everyone's input so far, this forum is proving to be my lifeline!

Updated date! January 6th 2017!

So today I have decided after seeeing consultant number 3 that Mr Charles Durrant at Spire Portsmouth will be my chosen surgeon/hospital for my procedure. I was very impressed with him, his attitude, his knowledge and what he can do for me. I am now feeling uber excited although still anxious as you would expect. So, Jan 6th it is!