African American (Ethnic) Rhinoplasty- VIP International Plastic Surgery Center (Seoul, Korea) - South Korea, KR

As an African American, I've wanted to get my nose...

As an African American, I've wanted to get my nose done for awhile but was having a hard time finding a doctor. My issue was: ' 1. Flared nostrils, 2. short nose, 3. undefined tip and 4. Very bad Sinusitis (which has progressively gotten worse this past year). In short, I was unhappy with my nose! I had opted for getting my nose done in Brazil or Columbia but was referred to VIP International Plastic Surgery Center in Seoul, Korea. A mutual friend who was African American had done it there and had fabulous results. opted I was thinking of going to Brazil or Colombia to get my nose done but a mutual friend who lives in South Korea had gotten her nose done at VIP in Seoul and she looks amazing. After doing plenty of research and other consultations, I decided to get my surgery at VIP. I was really impressed with the professionalism and friendliness at this clinic. Compared to the other clinics I went to, they spent a good amount of time with me and was very patient with all of my questions. I got a septal cartilage rhinoplasty (alar reduction, tip plasty) and got a silicone bridge. I also received a midface augmentation (which is filling my naso labial folds with silicone) , In addition, they fixed my septal deviation.

I am absolutely in love with my nose and am 2.5 weeks post-op so it's going to even look better! I look younger as well. My healing has been relatively painless, except for the first 2 days. I'm so very thankful for this experience!

3 weeks Post Op

Am healing great, here are some new pics. I noticed the swelling really went down in last several days.

5 weeks Post Op

My nose is still a little sore on the tip and base of nose but otherwise all is good. The swelling has gone down a bit since my last post and is starting to take shape. It's funny how I've started to convince myself that I was born with this nose.

2 Months Update - So Happy!

I'm really happy with how my nose is healing and starting to look. My nose is more defined and yet fits my face. It's getting more and more obvious that Dr. Lee really considered my face shape when he constructed my nose. I definitely feel more confident about taking pictures :) My nose doesnt get in the way :)

My tip is still swollen but I know that's the part that takes the longest to go down. I've noticed as well that some days the swelling is more noticeable due to the weather.

Will update with more pictures!

Almost 4 Months Now- Nose looks great!

So far so good, I've noticed a dramatic decrease in the swelling in the last couple of weeks, it's really starting to make a big difference in my features. My tip has started to take shape, which I really like. If you noticed before, I didn't have a defined tip so this is a huge change. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better result. My nose is still a bit dry on the inside but as long as I lubricate sometimes with healing ointment, all is fine.

More pics

6 months pics coming soon!!

I will be updating my 6 months pics soon. I can't believe it's been almost 6 months :)
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lee was brilliant , informative and very patient. He knew immediately what my concerns were and was willing to spend a decent amount of time with me answering my questions. I didn't feel rushed and was very confident that my nose would be good (much better than it was) however my expectations were exceeded! I highly recommend this doctor and VIP International Plastic Surgery Center. Thanks VIP!