29 Years Old. Black Female. 2 Kids. First Consultation for Breastfeeding Augmentation

I went for my first consultation today. I was very...

I went for my first consultation today. I was very nervous considering that I never thought I would ever go for a breast augmentation surgery. Since high school I always struggled to accept my small breasts for what they were. I was always very self concious around other girls and realised very quickly through being teased that my breast size was not average. But I was never so unhappy until I had children and my breasts became even smaller. So today was my first step to being who I truly want to be..more confident and loving my body more. Overall I love my body..I have a great shape even after 2 kids my body still looks great but my upper body does not match my lower physique which is more feminine and curvy. I always get compliments from people at work/friends about how great I look for a mom of 2 but it's still not enough to boost my self esteem when I think of how small my breasts are.

Anyway back to my appointment. It went ok. Doctor seems nice but it felt rushed like he didn't explain much..I had to probe and ask questions to get him to explain. But he seemed nice. Said I'm lucky because breastfeeding helped expand my skin. I need textured implants (as opposed to smooth implants) because the groove under my breasts is not well defined and from his experience smooth implants would not work longevity wise and staying in place and not dropping too mucheap under the groove. He might go 255cc. Not more than 275cc which is exactly what I read up on and expected because of my size (50kgs and 1.5m tall). So its good, its not too big like I waneed or imagined in my head when doing my research. He also showed me some pictures of similar woman but again he was going too fast so i didn't really grasp which picture I liked exactly. He said my cc size depends on my existing breast tissue. He didn't say but I'm assuming based on the pinch test I'm less than 2cm. So I have very little so to fill a "full B cup" I would need that amount. Between 230 and 275 is ideal for my body size. He said he wiyld have different sizes in the operating room anf will decide once he us in thete but he thinks 255cc will be best. Anything bigger than that would look unnatural. I booked provisionally for the 8th of December. The quote he provided is R51 000. Initially indicated that it would be between R45000 to R50000in the email quote. He is more expensive and situated in lonehill,Sandton. I also have another appointment with another doctor in brooklyn, pretoria. He quoted R10 000 cheaper on the email quote but i have yet to meet with him to get a specific quote. I'm thinking I should consult with the cheaper doctor in brooklyn. See who I like best.

Disappointed with my First Consultation

I'm still replaying the whole consultation with the doctor yesterday. I feel robbed..like I was so excited for that first consultation only to get a surgeon who cared less about anything I had to say or anything he had to share with me... Im so mad I wasted my money on his consultation fee of R850 for someone that barely explained the procedure to me, his observations and what I should expect from surgery.

I really wonder why he didn't at least just explain what type of implants he uses? I guessed from the implants on his desk that he uses Natrelle implants. I had to ask him what type of incision he would make, over or under the muscle, etc.. If I had not researched on those type of questions I would have gotten nothing out of him. I really had a first bad experience and I'm hoping my next appointment with another doctor will be more pleasant and reassuring.

Luckily I called the Brookland doctor'said office and asked for my appointment to be pushed up. It was originally the 8th of November and not I'm going on the 24th of October. I'm really excited about this doctor because he sent me a personal email detailing his methods and preferences. He even shared links to websites for Natrelle implants, location of the hospital facilities and even the supportive bra that he includes as part of his fee. Despite the fact that he is cheaper is not the main factor for me. I want someone that cares about what I want specifically even though he has done a million breastfeeding augmentations. I'm looking forward to meeting him. October is too far away ???? I don't think I would want to consult with more doctors. If I'm still disappointed after this appointment then ill have to reconsider when to try this procedure again, with my ego bruined and disappointed, I don't think I can take another blow. Also I was really hoping to have the surgery in December during the long holidays so I don't have to take off work during the middle of the year and still only have a few days off before being forced back to work. I hope he can squeeze me in for December operation.

My PS is amazing. Getting 330cc anatomical cohesive silicone gummy implants Natrelle 410 style

Hey ladies

So I went for my appointment with another doctor and it went so well. I'm so happy and relieved that I found a really great doctor who cares about what I actually want.

Dr Japie De Wet is so amazing. He is warm friendly and very informative. I had my appointment scheduled for 12:30pm and unfortunately had to move it to 3:00pm because he had an emergency surgery. When I arrived at his office, they were very nice, clean and neat. His receptionist was also very friendly. I filled out some forms (which looked very professional. They even had a diagram where the doctor would jot down his measurements and notes for the consultation. I didn't wait long before meeting him. He apologised for the reschedule and we sat down to talk about my expectations. I told him I want to be fuller and more shaped with my breast. I want to be round and full but not too round that the implants are sitting too high and inevitably look too fake. He completely understood what I was saying. He understands that I want a very natural enhancement. I'm not out to have a huge cleavage or too much upper pole. He went on to explain how we would discuss the procedure (incisions,etc) based in the type of implants, size etc. He asked me what I know so far and of course I went overboard because I've been reading everyone's reviews and researching like a man woman...lol.. He was very impressed with my new found knowledge and asked if I knew the difference the implants round, anatimical and smooth vs textured. I said yes of course :) and he was very detailed why different implants suit different people. I appreciated that as I did not get that from other PS. He did not rush our conversation and was very engaged. Although he seemed a bit tired, probably from the long day he had, he never rushed me or avoided answering my questions fully. I went to get undressed and he proceed to take measurements while drawing on me as well and then took some pics.

Then I got dressed and he told me that we will now talk about what he has in mind for me and the recovery time as well as explaining possible complications. He said that he thinks a 330cc anatomical implant would be best for me (moderate profile) and I thought wow, I didn't think he would recommend anatomical considering all the reviews and difficulties with this kind of implant but because I lack so much upper tissue the round implants would be too obvious and sit too high for my petite frame. I understood completely and it was in line with what I want (a full B/small C). He also recommend textured implants as they prevent capsular contracture, you don't have to massage the implant and it stays more in positions. He also said it's the more current trend and better than smooth implant. I agreed with him. I lover how he explains everything so I can also understand. I'm scared about anatomical but I trust his judgement. I jut don't want to go too small. A little cleavage and fullness would be nice. I read someone say these implants look like old saggy lady boobs and I don't want that but I also don't want overly round and fake. I'll rather go with the latter and get a bit more projection.

So we ended the consult on a good note. I emailed him some questions the next day. 1) if he could be more specific in terms of which implant profile and projection he will be using. He did say he would have a range and decide on the table which is best for me. Which I don't mind but would like a bit more detail and clarity.

Second question was about me taking time off work. It's close to our year end holidays and I wanted to know if he provides sick notes for the week I need for recovery or if I will have to take from my annual leave. Oh my surgery is booked for the 2nd of December. I am so excited ;)

Will keep you ladies posted ;)

Final stats

So my PS gave me a quick response to my email questions. So he in terms of the profile/projection for the Natrelle 410 style gummy textured implants, he will be using a high to extra high projection with a moderate profile (mf or mx) in terms of the sizing charts by Natrelle. I'm happy with his choice because I was worried he would yluse a moderate profile with a moderate projection which looked a bit flat to me. Based on what I had seen from sizing charts and the implant he showed me in his office.

I have been looking for actual pictures of woman who have these gummy implants with that type of size and projection but it has been a bit difficult consider long that they are not the most popular. So if you ladies have any pictures or reviews to share, please let me know.

Now I need to sort out my financing (I requested a loan from FHF considering that I cannot access my savings at the moment. My PS fee amounts to R34500 and the hospital fee is about R9500. I would like to pay it off over installments if I am unable to pay in full cash. I will only be loaning the fee for the PS. The rest I will pay on the day of surgery directly to the hospital upon admission. Expensive but worth it in the end I believe.

Wish me luck xoxo
Thanks

Confused??! Bra size and top sizes after BA?

So I went for a yoga class this morning with my sister-in law and some friends. I have always been self conscious about my itty bittys but ever since I went back to exercising (I do pilates and a fitness class at work at least twice a week) I hate how flat chested I am in a sports bra. It's ugly and not appealing at all. I'm trying really hard to get my pre-baby body back, granted I'm not that big to begin with but I would like to be more toned. I love my body, I really do but my bobs just dissapoint. I have a great behind but my front flat chested appearance makes me unproportional.

So I'm really excited to this for me... to make myself better and happier. Yes my husband is there and supportive but I've made a conscious decision not to involve him in my decision making. I do not go with him to the doctor and I do not discuss what size I want. Only thing I told him is I will not be going very big because he keeps making jokes about my breastfeeding size post op and "grabbing" my bobs in a certain way to demonstrate how he thinks I will look like. But I've assured him I'm not going to be that big. I guess he is trying in his own way to be interested and involved. IT'S my body at the end of the day. Its my money that is paying for the procedure. I am a very independent person and I do not feel the need to justify my decision to anyone. I have told all my sisters and recently my mother in law because I had to apologise for the fact that I will be missing her 60th birthday but that's. oh not forgetting my co-worker and close friend. She is very supportive, of anything in my life so we are very close and share a lot of things about ourself together. I have not told my mom yet. I don't know why, we are very close and she is very understanding. She is coming in December for my mother in law party and it would be great if she could be here on the day of surgery to help me with everything, including the kids, maybe even drive me to the hospital. She is retired and stays far from me so its really nice when she visits. It will be on a friday so I have asked my husband to drive me but he will have to take leave. We will see. Im also thinking of handing the kids over to my mother in law so I won't have to deal with cry over not hugging or touching mommy.

Anyway back to my story. I went shopping after yoga and happened to see some really nice yoga/gym clothes as I was looking around and got excited to buy some bralettes (sports bras) and pants and a tank top. I've always worn a size super small or size 6 in most of my clothes. Whether it's a dress or top which I've been comfortable in but now I'm doubting if I will even still fit in some of my clothes. The tight fit stuff I think will adjust but other stuff?? I bought the bras in a ss (super small) like I normally do but now I'm not so sure it will fit into my new boobs. I will upload some pics. Please let me know what sizes you changed from. I'm thinking of taking them back and getting a small. It fits ok and there is still lots of room for my new additions but I obviously don't want to spill out of the top. I don't know, I'm confused. I really like the tops and I don't want to wait for later to buy them. Also returns are only available for a month. My op is two months away. CONFLICTED!!

A few more days before BA!!! Can't believe it.. Almost there..

Hey ladies

It has been a while since I gave an update. It's only 3 more days till my surgery. I can't believe how fast time has gone by, granted I have been very busy with work, wantibg to change jobs and other stressful things in life. I haven't really thought much about my upcoming surgery until now.

So I made payment for my surgery a few weeks ago. Luckily I landed into some extra money so I opted not to take out a loan for the BA and instead use the money I had intended to save for this, rather than burdening myself with payments every month. I think less debt is the best way to go. So I transferred R34k to my doctors bank account. The only thing left is to pay the hospital fee which should be paid upon admission. That is around R9k so ill use my credit card for that payment. I'll still need to catch up on my payments on my credit card but at least that is better than being forced to pay a certain amount every month. My husband also offered to cover some of my expenses for the first few months so I can pay off my debts.

I haven't heard much from my PS since he last responded to my email regarding the size/projection for the implants he wants for me. I called the office to check if they received payment and also if I need to book anything, order anything like the surgical bra or something but the receptionist said everything is in order so I will just have to trust that. I hope they order me a nice black bra. I would hate to have an old brown granny bra.. lol

I also went to the shops to buy a few things I think I will need.. based on everyone's reviews, which are so helpful, especially when your not really sure what to get. So I got a top that bottoms all the way down.. The material is not very soft, it's more like a blouse than I comfortable t-shirt but I struggled to find anything better.. so it will have to do for the first few days when I can't really lift up my arms. Also tried getting comfy pants but failed. Ooh one thing I'm happy I found was nipple covers..For those sensitive nipple days.. I got them at Cotton On. I also went to the pharmacy to get the antibacterial soap to wash with the night before and morning of surgery as well as bactroban ointment which my doctor prescribed. He says I must put it in my nose 5 days before the BA. I've only used it for 2 days now.. I hope one extra day missed won't make a difference. The ointment is making my throat very sore.. I just recovered from a chest infection, I hope I don't get sick.. would hate to cancel my op.

I am also lucky that my mom is coming tomorrow to help me recover and take care of my kids while I am unable to lift a finger.. literally. She seems pretty content with my decision, I was afraid to tell her but I know she is my constant support no matter what. My sister also volunteered to come help with the kids but now she is also scheduled for an emergency op on Thursday. Unfortunately she has cysts on her ovaries that need to be removed.

Oh not forgetting,I also got some tablets to help with constipation and some probiotics.. I know that is a real struggle in this type of op so I do not want to be blocked up... lol... I have my station ready next to my bed with all the stuff I need. I will also fetch my preggy pillow from the cupboard so it van help with sleeping on my back all the time.. that is the one thing I dread.. I'm a side sleeper..

Overall, I'm quite excited and can't wait for the days to go by. I don't feel nervous at all.. I'm pretty good at tolerating pain.. I did have 2 kids both via c-section and survived so I think I can handle this as well.

Almost there... wish me luck ladies..

Wish boobs

More wish boobs

Goodbye itty bitty titties

Just a quick update. Finally out of surgery and feeling slightly normal.In a bit of pain/discomfort not sure which really. Feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. But happy ????

Surgery day

Wow.. can't believe it's finally over... I had my operation and all those months of waiting is finally over.. It really is worth it though, I'm so happy with my results already.. I have boobs which was always the main goal.

So my mom and I left the house at 7am so we could make it for the check-in at 8am. Was a bit of traffic but managed to make it to the day hospital by 7:45am. Got there, I had already emailed my pre-admission so they had my file ready. I just had to fill in the anaesthiologist questionnaire and make payment for the hospital fee. Very friendly staff at the hospital and it was quick. They called me to my bed and said I should change into my gown and disposal panties.. mind you I peed like 10 times since I got to the hospital. .. don't know if it's nerves or because I hadn't eaten since the night before and my body only had water to get rid of.. luckily I had a very good morning poop so I didn't feel bloated.

There was one other lady before me and she took soooooo looonnnggg... They dragged her outo at around 8:30 for her op and I was next. We waited and waited and waited, I was getting so scared tired and nervous from all the waiting and thinking, I only got pulled to the op room after 11am. I think my mom was more nervous and scared for me then i was.

My doctor came shortly before to explain everything again.. that I'm getting anatomical implants, asked if i had ant questions. I adked how long i had to sleep on my back, etc and mangement of my stitches. I once more felt very comfortable with my doctor.. He really is a sweet caring doctor.. could have prayed for better. Finally it was my turn. I came back around 1pm to my room and as the doctor estimated it took about an hour for the whole procedure and about 30mins in the recovery room.. I was very groggy but could hear my mom and the nurses chatting away in the background. But my waking up wasn't that bad.. I thought I would feel nauseas and be so out of it but I was relatively fine. But that when the feeling on an elephant sitting on you kicked in. I was in pain/discomfort that I could quite explain and it only got worse from there. I got pain med around 1 and by 2:55 I already wanted more. The nurse said I could only get something at 4 which made me very unhappy.. I was dying..

Luckily my doctor came back to check on me and discharged me. He said I would feel that heavy Ness for a few hours and I would be swollen/in moderate pain for a few days and I should feel better soon. He said I shouldn't wet my waterproof covers and leave the bra on for 2 weeks. My next check up is in a weeks time. He pulled down the bra and I finally got to see my beautiful new boobs.. They looked amazing.. The left one was more painful and bigger than the right side so I was a bit worried. But he checked and said everything looked perfect. Surgery went well. No complications. So I must just relax and wait for swilling to go down.. I don't want to stress myself to much on the fact that they are "not the same". My boobs were anyway not the same size before and the difference is minimal now that I've had a sneak peak. Finally went home.. my mom drove my carea horribly.. I was scared for my life but I had some of my med again before we left so I was starting to feel better.

Now I'm home and the pain is really not that bad.. even the elephant feeling has subsided.. I will be sticking to pain med every 4 hours.. The pain is no joke and I am a weakling.. I can't deal. I've set my alarm so I don't miss it. My sweet hubby has been taking cate of me since i got home.. made me some food and tea.. also had a yoghurt to help with constipation. But here are some pics.. hope you guys like.. let me know what you think.

Post op day 1

This morning I was in quite a bit of pain, especially my left side. It was very painful and swollen, I couldn't even raise my arm like I had done successful yesterday. I was very worried I had a hematoma but I emailed my doctor and he reassured me that I should keep using my pain meds and anti-inflammatories with the ice packs and I should feel better within 48 hours. I feel much better now after taking the med at 8am and keeping the ice packs on my left breast.

So day one did not start of well. I also haven't slept very well. I took a sleeping tablet last night at 8om but only fell asleep at 10pm and woke up by 3:30 am. I missed my alarm and medicine dose for 12pm, maybe that is why I could bear the pain this morning.

Anyway feeling much better now.. just want to get some sleep in. Will update again after a few days.. I'm sure not much with change. My boobs are very tight, high and swollen.. seemingly I have sensitivity on my nipples but nothing painful. And my bra is not too tight, its very comfortable actually. I took a quick sneak peak. Havent showered yet. Maybe tomorrow. See my pics below. Not sure why they are posting upside down all of a sudden.
Dr Japie De Wet