sarpe / same / upper jaw expansion - Melbourne, AU

Initially I went to an ortho and just wanted...

Initially I went to an ortho and just wanted braces, they said it would be difficult because of my tiny top jaw, I would either need a lot of extractions, or an upper jaw expansion. I opted for the expansion, because even though it was more expensive I figured the longterm benefit would outweigh having 4 teeth removed. Luckily, my surgeon upon learning I didn't have private health got me into the public system as she is on the board at the hospital and is able to do this with a few patients each year - i got very lucky. I paid her fee directly, but everything else was covered by the public system. I spent a night in hospital, the swellling was at worse 3 days post, 5 days post I started to go for walks. By 7 days I was back at strength training. By two weeks I could eat most food and open my mouth enough. Within 3 months the bone had completely healed. I got braces three months after surgery. All in all, it wasnt too bad except for the speech impediment because of the expanding plate. Combined with braces, there was a lot happening in my mouth. It's now been 12 months since surgery and in a week im having my lower jaw advanced to correct my 8mm over bite. Braces will come off six months after this, so middle of 2017.
Dr Patrishia Bordbar

Couldn't be happier. No long lasting numbness. Very professional. The fact she got me into the public system so I didn't have to wait for 12 months is something I am very thankful for. I have private health now and my lower advancement (BSSO) and genioplasty is being done thru it. If you are looking for a maxillofacial surgeon in Australia, this is your lady.