46 & in Need of a Little Refreshing - Slidell, LA

I wanted to improve my chin area and smooth the...

I wanted to improve my chin area and smooth the jowl area. Dr. Tabor knew exactly what I needed! 2 syringes of Juvederm in the n/l folds, marionette lines and along my chin to smooth jowly indentations. I was surprised at the difference it made & my jawline looks stronger & I feel more confident. Extremely pleased.

I also want my cheeks augmented & am returning in 2 weeks for Voluma in cheeks.

Wanted to add

I did have a bruise along one of my marionette lines. I do think the fact that I used ibuprofen a couple of times in the week before made the bruising worse. The bruise lasted almost 2 weeks, but I was so pleased with my immediate improvements that it didn't bother me. The possibility of bruising is something that should be considered, however.

Another before/after

This is another before & after. Obviously the lighting is different, but the jawline contour really is improved & apparent in the shot, in my opinion. If you are thinking about touching up your jawline, this is s pretty easy fix with 2 syringes of juvederm. The after shot was the day of my injection & you can see a bruise forming in the corner of my mouth. The bruise lasted 2 weeks.

Added Voluma to cheeks!

This morning I had my appt to add 1syringe of Voluma to each cheek. My hopes was to refresh my mid face by re-inflating the front part of my cheeks a little and by giving them a little lift by putting some over the cheekbone. I was a little nervous because I didn't want to look too cheeky, so I mentioned this to my Dr (Tabor if Slidell) & he reassured me that he was only putting a small amount into the apples of my cheeks. He felt that 1 syringe on each cheek is the best choice for my face at this time.

I didn't use numbing cream this time & was surprised at how fast and relatively painless the injections were. He did 4-5 on my left cheek & 3-4 on my right. There was a little bleeding from the injections but it subsided in a minute or two.

The shot sites looked a little like mosquito bites at 1st, but this is normal. I iced as best that I could with the little ice packs that were given to me. I was extra concerned about bruising this time for a couple of reasons. First, I used ibuprofen the other day & it can increase bruising. I know better than to take it before I'm planning injections, but I had some bad knee pain that night & no Tylenol. Second, a bruise around the eye is a little harder to explain! Thankfully, no bruising yet that looks very bad. That being said, the bruises are worth the results :)

The before pics are right before the injections & after is within 30 minutes of injections. My makeup was wiped off on my cheeks, so I will update soon with some more after pics.

Also, my cheeks are a little lumpy right now, but I'm attributing it to the fresh injections.

Overall, I'm very pleased & love the results! My husband came home from lunch & gave me 2 thumbs-up, and he's not a big filler fan. He's watch too many episodes of the Real Housewives!

By the way....

the eyelashes are the result of Latisse. I have almost non-existent lashes that are pale, short, & sparse. This is after using Latisse for about 3 months & 1 coat of drug store mascara.

Still a little lumpy in spots

I'm assuming that it's because the spots are a little swollen. One spot is sore, so there is probably a deep bruise. I'm planning to wait for several days & see if things settle. I still like my results & would be open to adding a touch to even out the spots if it ends up necessary.

1 week out

i went back to dr yesterday to have him check a couple of spots that are slightly uneven. He reassured me that I actually have a little swelling still & things have not fully settled. We may add a dab to the apple of my left cheek in a few weeks if the unevenness persists, but it looks pretty good. I think the result head-on is very nice & looks natural to me.

1 week later- side by side

Side by side of before voluma & 1 week later. Most visible bruising gone.

Added chin definition

I decided to add a little chin definition to help further improve my chin/jawline area. In October 15 I had 2 syringes of juvederm in the nl area, plus a little on my jawline & marionette lines. Today, my doc added 2 more syringes to my jawline to help it look stronger.

I'm happy with the results & think this is probably the last filler (ok maybe a little maintenance) I will do before an eventual facelift at about the 50 year mark. I will post a head-on photo in a couple of days.

All total-I've had 6 syringes if juvederm since October 2015: 2 voluma in cheeks, 4 juvederm ultra in lower face/jawline
Eric Tabor, MD

Amazing Dermatologist who has does a beautiful job.