Sciton Halo - Chagrin Falls, OH

I am 44 years old and I struggle with redness,...

I am 44 years old and I struggle with redness, melasma including post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. I have tried Fraxel, Pearl, Medlight, and QMax. I feel that no treatment and/or product had significantly restored my skin to the even tone I desire. I went to a Medi-spa on Tuesday with redness and melasma concerns. I booked Halo. It sounded great because of "no downtime". I was "numbed" and then lasered. I have a crazy high pain threshold and the Halo was beyond anything I have experienced in terms of pain. The rollerball hand piece glided easily across my face till it reached 40% but the pain of the heat was beyond anything. After the procedure, I sat for 1/2 hour with the cool air blower. It barely lessened the pain of the heat. I can only assume this is what a 3rd degree burn feels like. My drive home was was the longest ever. I was told the pain would last one hour but it wasn't until 3.5 hours later that the pain stopped. I figured all was good until I woke up and my face was very swollen, red and scaly. I guess since all the buzz on Halo says you have no downtime, I was totally freaked out. 15 hours later and I have no pain but still look like Cat Mom. I called the office and they told me to take 5 mg of prednisone for 4 days without tapering off. I bought a 2 package of Halo and cannot imagine going through this again. I hope my skin will look amazing and all pain will be forgotten.

Halo update

According to my dr., she did a very aggressive treatment at 40%. I would never do HALO again. It created new PIH and It didn't do anything for redness. The tried to calm my face with a BBL last week but I am still super upset.
Jennifer Kish, DO