Halo +BBL for Skin Texture and Redness, Sun Spots Dull Skin - Edina, MN

I have been anticipating in considering doing a...

I have been anticipating in considering doing a laser treatment for over a year. Based on what I have researched online and local you talking to different positions I thought that Halo would be the best option for me. I have some issues with skin texture sunspots and mild rosacea/redness. I knew the halo could make the redness on my cheeks worse but I'm willing to take a chance to smooth out the Texter. I did a BBL prior that targeted specifically redness so hopefully that will help. Today I am day too and my skin just looks red and a little raw it doesn't hurt. I have a lot of swelling still up around my eyes which is a bit disconcerting but I guess is pretty typical. I have lots of MENDS but not much sloughing. To say that this procedure doesn't have any downtime I think is very odd to the individual personally I am not leaving the house. The procedure itself was not too bad. The numbing cream was effective but it did feel very hot. The BBL is like a snapping feeling in the halo is just a prickly feeling that all together not at terrible. My face felt extremely hot for about an hour to 90 minutes after the procedure. That was expected. I slept elevated that night and my doctor had put me on medication to prevent cold sores and a low dose of prednisone for the swelling which I think helped. I'm not expecting any miracles but hoping to see some improvement in my skin texture and hopefully over time the redness and sunspots. I just would like to get over this hump and see what it will look like next week! It's only day two and I'm pretty impatient LOL I guess any type of resurfacing with lasers is not really for the faint of heart But I was so unhappy with my skin then I thought honestly I had to give it a go otherwise it would just be nagging at me all the time and I'm glad I did. I can now either move on and except what it is or hopefully enjoy improvement

Updates

Day 3

Today is a better day. Still lots of rough texture and MENDS under my eyes are still really swollen and again I have a little bit of bruising but it's not too bad. I can tell my skin is much tighter and smoother looking already Just now hoping for some improvement in the pigment

Day 6

well, I wish I had better news. I am not at all happy with the results so far. I do not feel it did much with pigment issues at all and I am more red on my cheeks than before. I also feel the laser left "track marks" on my skin up under my eyes on the tops of my cheeks and on the sides of my face. I hope that heals smooth but for now it is a big bummer. Be careful out there. I will cont to update. However, I know I am a very harsh critic of myself, but I would not consider this worth it at this time at all - I will cont to give it some time however.

Big opinion change very happy....give it time!

I pix taken in bathroom with light on no flash same as before phot bare faced. I am a little over one month out and extremely happy. I went in for a one month fu and pix were taken and I was shocked at the before and after...same light , same bare face, same angles yet way a mother skin and more even tone and color. I really think it is hard to see the big picture day to day but in that manner it was obvious. Everyday I feel my skin gets better and better. My fine lines are nearly gone or so diminished it's not even noticeable and I do not wear any face makeup like I used too with heavy foundation plus concealer etc. I am content to walk out like this with my lashes on and some lipgloss (and massive sunscreen of course)
I just think that some of the effect is more gradual in some people like me but I am super pleased. I got a compliment on my skin this week and was shocked!
While not for everybody I am VERY pleased with the outcome. Doctor, staff and now, my skin. I feel more confident. I will probably do this yearly. I thought maybe another one was needed but this being a class act said he felt my results were so great he would not do another now and wait a year. That is awesome in an industry that can prey on vulnerable people's insecurities. I hope this helps someone!
Edina Family Physician

I really like the skin rejuvenation clinic. I am very impressed with their team. The doctor is very experienced and I trust him. They do the most lasers treatments in Minnesota. Bottom line is is I felt comfortable. I didn't feel pushed to do anything at all and I was given a realistic expectations. Nobody told me I was going to walk out of there with perfect skin but that I could expect to see some improvement in the areas of concern and that's really all I expect. I called today to get some reassurance and promptly got a call back after I left a message for the doctor. I was very pleased with their responsiveness.