25 Years Old, Breast Augmentation by Dr Oelbrandt - Belgium

(This review is rather long. If you just want to...

(This review is rather long. If you just want to know my results, skip ahead to the end.)

Introduction:
In the 25 years I've been alive, I've spent probably the past 7 years considering a breast augmentation. I'm tall and slim, so I was never dead set on it, but in the end it all came down to balancing out my body, and truth be told, when I wasn't super skinny, my body looked out of balance. I decided to look into breast augmentation by a doctor who had great reviews, shared the same aesthetic preference as me (natural looking, not fake), and who was reasonably priced. Suffice it to say I got all that I asked for in Dr Oelbrandt of the Singelberg Clinic in Belgium.

The preparation:
Once I'd decided that I'd go ahead and book my surgery with Dr Oelbrandt, I received an email full of instructions, including how to get to Belgium on the Eurostar, hotels close to the clinic, pre- and postoperative care, information about different types of implants (he has several different brands, including the FDA approved Mentor and Natrelle) and much more. I decided to go with the French brand Sebbin.

Preoperative consultation:
The day before surgery, there was a preoperative consultation. During the preoperative consultation I got to play around with different implants of many varying sizes and Dr Oelbrandt also took some pictures of my breasts from different angels and scanned them into a 3D imaging software so we could get a better idea of what the implants would look like in my body. I found this very helpful in choosing a size, and in the end went smaller than I thought I wanted. This is also where we went over and signed all the necessary forms that have to be signed.

Surgery day:
On the day of surgery he came in, went through everything one more time, marked me up, and took me into the operating theater. An anesthesiologist and a nurse were there in addition to Dr Oelbrandt, and they were all lovely. They hooked me up to the machines and before I knew it I woke up in the recovery room. I was a bit drowsy and I wouldn't recommend going on your phone for a few hours because you won't remeber what you've done, but all in all I was in much better shape than I expected. The Doctor warned me before surgery that I might be in great pain, but as far as I remember I think I may have been a 4/10 and that's basically where the pain remained for me. I never had the "elephant on my chest" or "hit by a bus" sensation. It was more of a dull pain at around 3 - 4/10, that occasionally hit a 5 or 6.

The following week:
The pain remained a dull, sore pain, not entirely unlike how you'd feel after a chest workout. I had a friend with me who helped me do things like carry stuff etc and I was quite immobile, but overall I was quite comfortable. My biggest worry was that for the first 2 days I looked as flat as I did before surgery, but slowly the implants started to take shape in my breasts. For the first few days, I would get a stinging or cramping pain, feel something move, and literally see a difference in size, and every time I slept I would wake up with bigger breasts.

Results:
I'm now 2½ weeks out and I love them. They already look so natural, they're softening up nicely, the scabs are halfway gone and the surfacing scar is very light and inconspicuous. They are beautiful beyond what I could have imagined and I am so happy that I went with Dr Oelbrandt. He's a lovely man who responds to all emails himself, and he's a true artist with a scalpel. All of my friends lost their minds when they saw them because they are so beautiful and it's so soon after surgery. If I ever want anything else done, he's the one I'll go with.
London Plastic Surgeon

Dr Oelbrandt is a very sweet man. He can come off as quite intense, but in a way that is very reassuring in a surgeon of any kind, as you feel he will be very focused and meticulous when he performs your surgery. I instantly felt at ease with him when I met him and I definitely haven't regreted my decision.