First Day on Accutane. So Excited but Nervous. - Silver Spring, MD

I have tried literally everything for my acne. It...

I have tried literally everything for my acne. It comes and goes and I am tired of it coming. I want it gone! So this is my last effort and by what I'm seeing on the site, I am so excited! I got good Chapstick and face cream by burts bees and I'm ready to be dry! Lol I got burts bees intensive night cream for night and cetephil gentle cleanser for the day time. For my lips aquaphor and Vaseline.

Two weeks in.

So I'm two weeks in and I did have a slight initial break out. I THINK the initial break out was because I started using a heavy moisturizer at night anticipating dryness when it wasn't needed yet. But it's over. My lips have been dry for about 6-7 days but DR.DANS cortibalm was recommended and I ordered it and it works REALLY well. My cysts are just magically drying up and everything less inflamed. So far so good. Um. I am pretty tired and relaxed I'm guessing from the meds but nothing i can't handle. Everything else is going vdry well.

1 month in. Beginning to see positive results.

I am on almost week 4 and things are all drying up and flattening out a lot. I DID have a rough initial break out that made me worry but it's starting to get better now. Lots of shoulder pain I'm guessing from the meds since I never have had any shoulder pain before. Dry lips. Dry lips. Dry lips. Lol. I tried dr dans cortibalm and it's nice but leaves a while film. aquaphor is nice too but feels too thick after putting it on all day as if it's a super thick lol gloss. Almost like honey on the lips. Too thick. Vaseline has been the best so far. It doesn't penetrate but right now, NOTHING does lol.
Optimistic! =)

1 month in.

7 weeks in. Impressed.

So far so good. My face is really clearing up. I hate that all the bad stuff comes out first then clears up but it's all good.

May 26. 3 months in.

Seriously?!! These results are phenomenal. They took a while to really work but my inflammation is gone. Redness going away. Dark marks fading. People weren't lying when they called accutane a miracle drug.

4.5 months in. Loving my skin BUT, lighter in some areas

So my front cheek area is lighter than my back. I am just about done breaking out with the exception on the occasional menstral cycle pimple or two but I'm hoping my skin color evens out once I'm off. Other then that, love accutane.

Just more pics of me at 4.5

I guess the skin lightening doesn't look that bad. Can't really tell in the pic

On final month ! (6 months in)

Lovvvveeee my skin again. My doc has had me on 80mg on accutane (Myorsian) since February 25th. It took my skin a little longer to react but now I am loving it. I am on my final month and couldn't be happier. Still a little scarring on my left side which was the worse side to begin with but I'm sure my last month will clear it up. The vitamin A in the meds really work well for scarring and the acne. My scars are luckily the hyper pigmentation which is easier to get rid of. Also, MEDERMA is magic.
Baltimore Dermatologist

My doctor is always thorough and offers what he thinks is best. I have been seeing him for about two years and he agrees this is best for me after trying everything else. He was very fast in getting my prior authorization from my insurance company etc.